Tuesday Tunes

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Tuesday Tunes

Postby Sunny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Hello everyone!

(((Lady M))), rest as much as you can and feel better soon!
Nice to see you here again, Helia.
Twins, so happy that you had a good vacation and are home safe again.

Yes, TWC is sounding more ominous each time I watch. We've been through some tropical storms, but nothing as strong as this sounds. I'm not sure of our evacuation rules; we used to be the next to last area to leave, but that may have changed this year. I will have to look that up. I need to make a trip to the store for a few things like water and canned food, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. We are waiting for the A/C man to come sometime this afternoon. Friday I noticed that the house wasn't as cool as it should be and fan was running longer. The company was closed for the weekend so I called this morning and now we are waiting. It is now 86* inside and very humid!

Well, this sat here while I made lunch and now we are having a thunderstorm. Going to unplug stuff...
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:57 pm

good news for dd younger - he two tone skin is not Vitiligo - her very dry skin is a genetic thing (trifecta is what they called it - asthma, allergies and super try skin that inflames all together). She has to use medicated cream to help her face but the two different skin tones is not permanent.

d mom is bored so we are going out together. I hadn't planned on it but for her sake I think she needs to get out. ta ta wishing you all the best
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Realized that if I go see dmom now she will probably be asleep. I'll go around 4 or a little after; they have dinner at 5 p.m. so she'll need to be awake anyway. I found a place that I can get her hearing aid looked at also so I'll stop there on the way.

I need lunch, too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:08 pm

I moved the water hose, had lunch. I am with U gals on the quietute today. I remember yesterday looking forward to now. I will spare you those details. :roll:
I am on the stat bike now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Dsonil called dh to ask us to talk dd into heading north. I know this is a serious hurricane and he is always very nervous in the approach of one. So had dd call me. She says she's pretty well decided to volunteer at her school which will become a shelter and on high ground. Just can't take their dBailey with her. Just keep praying Irma will wear herself out sooner than later. Stay safe, Sunny (and Harmony). See the shelves are already bare. Know dd said the school is in the process of stockpiling water and freezing as much as they can in case they lose power.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Just a heads up... I'm hearing from many of my Florida friends on both coast the stores are already wiped out of water and supplies. Two of my friends who live in entirely different places said coscos is totally out of water. And my new daughter mother who lives in Cape Coral says the all stores are bare and the police have been riding up and down the streets warning of the storm and telling people they should leave now.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:57 pm

I have a meeting in 5 minutes about my reports. I am having a migraine aura and having trouble even reading the reports. Tried to CUOP, but can't get the info. Very pretty and sparkly, the usual lovely triangles as a border surrounding a null information hole in the visual field, gradually expanding. Can't rid the effect by turning head as it is neurological rather than visual. This is SO not good.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm

RRose, CCoral and FMyers have not received an official evacuation order yet. Nor us. DH won't go and I won't leave him. We are unlikely to flood, but there's always a first time.

Stores are bare. No bread, water, canned goods. And people are not pleasant. I went out and ran what errands I could to get that out of my way.

I went to bank, long line-up there. I went to our personal bank, no line up there, surprised me. I asked where their branches were and got locations in case ours is closed. Unfortunately, both my banks are local banks, not national or even regional. I banked at a national bank during Charlie and was able to drive 25 minutes to one that was still open. Not this time, so I got a little cash ahead.

Dr. did not call in my Rx so I will have to go back tomorrow. :evil:

Took returns back to H.D. People were buying sheets of plywood. One elderly man was yelling at clerk because they did not have metal hurricane panels. (With one day?) Sheesh. Clerk in WM told me 2 people were fighting in the aisle over a dozen eggs.

I got some things, but not whole carts full of water bottles. Took back another return there.

Dropped off a nice sink, countertop and faucet at Habitat (from our house remodel). Picked up paperwork at another building dept.

Phew. Would like to stop but there is much to do. Need to make triple batch of electrolyte drink. DH drinks it too, but the kind he buys because it tastes better. There was none to buy in the store. I got him lemonade powder to put in his so it tastes better.

Talked with 2 diff. family members about their plans. I've done 2 LOL to get ahead of that. I'm already tired.

(Elizabeth) hope you feel better quick.
Helia, great to see you back.
(Sunny) you guys stay safe up there. Prayers for you guys and family.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Harmony and anyone else who might be effected by the storm.

When Hurricane Sandy hit here ... my home town... my moms bank was one Mike from the ocean which had a huge sea wall in front of it... think ten feet high with a 12 foot flat top... like this /T\... minus the straight leg of the T

When the storm was over and my mom could finally make it to the bank she discovered the bank had been submerged in 8' of water. That meant all the deposit boxs had been under water as well. When she asked about the contents of her deposit box, the bank clerk handed her a zip lock bag filled with all her contents. Every piece of paper had been totally destroyed ... same for all the other customers.

So my point is if you have a deposit box and you think you might be in harms way, you might think about taking your deposit box contents out of the bank and keep it with you.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm glad our Florida SHEs have checked in. I've been thinking of you all day.

Nancy, I am thinking of you and the smoke. My cousins are now being choked with it and are bored with having to stay in the in the house so much. You've had it for weeks now.

My computer crashed and so getting it backed up and fixed is becoming a priority.

We have an apartment inspection tomorrow. Another thing for me to fight. They'll want to fix the walls and I want to wait until after Thanksgiving. Otherwise it will be scheduled when we have guests.

Return to “Post When You Can”