GET READY FOR THE WEEKEND FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: GET READY FOR THE WEEKEND FRIDAY

Postby Lynlee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:35 pm

Lovely news of the KiC and Dee family meeting up.
Many blessings in all your travels, and for the couple to marry too. And the Lucylee family wedding parties.

Prayers and good wishes to all facing the I, J or K storms, or ever around the edges of one, or more.

Oh the memories. there were cyclonic floods all around when I was married too, so I was dropped there the day before, in the 'wedding town we were moving to, to sleep in a dusty sewing room of I don't remember who, as varying roads N, S and W were flooded, or not, and I wondered if any of my family could get there.
Wedding day was a 108f day with a violent dramatic thunderstorm breaking just as we got back from photos in a park. 2 wks later another cyclone went past and Brisbane and SE Qld got well and truly done over. There were homes that floated away. The flooding just happened and it was an overnight thing. Lucky was a home on a high enough hill. Many hills weren't high enough.
The town I had moved to then was way down a river - they knew which homes flooded and people had time to remove everything bar the paint on the wall. floor coverings the lot. They left windows and doors open for the river to make its way through. No dry wall/ plaster board that is for sure. tongue and grove/vj wooden walls.
I wonder if they still do that?
That cyclone wasn't a big number cat. either. But it was the 2nd flood event in 2 weeks.
It still wasn't as bad as 1893. Add another story to the 74 flood height, and 3 cyclones in 2 weeks, and one river bridge was left on whole east coast of Australia.
That survivor bridge is having a make over atm.

I've been cleaning the hall walls today. First run through at least. I think something stronger is needed for some marks, and the paint never was that good.
30c/86f here. My 3/4 top is off. singlet time. and lunch time.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”