IT'S SATURDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: IT'S SATURDAY!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Watching CNN and seeing everyone is supposed to flee if in an evacuation zone. At least, at one point toward the end the governor mentioned the roads are open and he's doing his best to get gas into the state.

Still, where to go? If Dee's dd is under evacuation, then Harmony heading there doesn't make sense. She's better to ride it out in her own home since it is built to the correct standards. Obviously, if she lived in a double-wide, I'd have a different conclusion.

We had a nice breakfast buffet and then walked along the falls. I got 7K steps in. We took the incline railway back up and the walked to the hotel, running into our nephew along the way. So I'm glad we took that route back. The day is lovely but a bit cool.

It is nap time and then time to get dressed. I think I might do my toe nails before nap time.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm

So glad you're sharing, Harmony. Definitely praying for you and your family and Dee's family.

I have a friend from church and moms group who moved to FL many years ago. Her dd, now 12-ish, has cancer, and they had previously scheduled 4 days of treatment for her starting today, I think. SO, dfriend + dd "evacuated" to the hospital. I'm not sure if the rest of the family(dh + 3 more girls) is evacuating or not - not sure they've received mandatory evacuation orders or not. I think they're in Coral Gables?

Today, I just finished my 2nd day of training for an anti-poverty charity I'm considering volunteering with now that I'm no longer a part of the church moms group. I've learned a lot about how complex poverty is! It's been good. Now, I hope to use the rest of the day to get caught up on things around the house; it's kind of falling apart.

I was able to complete an 11.5 mile run yesterday! I was pleased. I did it at my fastest long-distance pace ever! I do take very short (I try for 30 seconds) stops to drink and take energy tabs. Unlike dh, I haven't managed the trick of drinking while running. I have a slightly faster pace for my medium runs (8 miles) and a much faster pace for short runs on the flat (4.5 miles). My slowest pace is when I run up and down the arb hill twice.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:10 pm

I love hearing the details of Fla. stuff. Could one go to a shelter if needed or are those full? I need to do a store run but we are not husseling about draging a bit. fingers crossed for good food, service and attendance of my fam. bday dinner this evening.

Journal & sketch done
s2s x
Breakfast over.
Store run done.

Did a bit in the office still trying to get desk closer to acceptable mode. I sorted pens tossed sone dead ones decluttered one drawer. I guess I will just have to do some thing daily on it.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Nancy, seeing you here reminded me that during our skype with ds on Wednesday, he told us how the air is hazy where he is b/c of the wildfires in Oregon and now also in WA? He said sometimes a piece of ash will fall out of the sky. He showed us the hazy sun through his bedroom window. Does the smoke affect you where you are? Ds is in the Seattle area.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:40 pm

I am going to have anywhere from 2 to 6 people here. We are on the edge of the flood zone, too close for my comfort. 2 of the people already showed up. Storm eye isn't coming here till 9:00 Sunday night. I better not say anything else.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Not boring at all, reading your posts Harmony! Just stay safe and know we're all with you in spirit! (((Big BIG Hugs))) --Just saw your last post... (((BIG HUGS)))
I just texted dbro to see if he is in evacuation zone. I bet he wishes they had already gotten moved to Atlanta -- he was in Atlanta this week but they have not actually moved yet.

I have kinda hit the wall...
After we ate breakfast, MY stomach started cramping and hurting. I'm really kinda taking advantage of it as an excuse to curl up in this recliner and not move. Ddil said she had already planned to keep dgs home all weekend and I've gotta say that was a relief! I do NOT know where you get your energy, LadyM, with two underfoot so much of the time!

I know I would have more energy if I slept better at night. But dh was up all night and woke me at 7:00 a.m. to go get breakfast. He was starving -- plus he gets really anxious and depressed at night when he can't sleep and he feels all alone in the quiet house.
He's finally sleeping now...
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:03 pm

You just keep posting away, Harmony and Sunny. Or any other shes in this path. And who knows where it will finally end up making landfall. Talked too dd earlier and they had boarded up their windows. She & neighbor went to Lowes and she got a length of privacy fence to put over the 2 back windows. That's all they had -no plywood of course. They had plywood saved from other hurricanes. At that point they were thinking of trying to go east to the same friends who stayed with them during a hurricane last year. Haven't heard from her in a few hours so don't know what they've decided for sure.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm sending you a PM. Dee,
If you got it 'sent', Kathryn, I didn't get it. Just letting you know.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

helia

Postby helia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Forgot that sunny is also in FL. I was thinking she had already moved up north for some reason. Will pray for her and her family too.

((Harmony)) Oh, my goodness. Hosting on top of everything else. You are a very generous neighbor/family member -- I can't remember if it is neighbors or family or both that might end up at your place. We're here if you need to post anything!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Coral Gables got hit by andrew hard last time. praying that it doesn't get hit again. My d aunt in law lived there when Andrew happened. She lives in Naples now and had to evacuate ... Praying for your d friends d helia

short visit today:
I ran with dd younger to a shop an hour away for a special cake (d sis in laws favourite)
Waiting to leave for concert - its supposed to be 51 degrees tonight so I need to get prepared.
wagon ready to be packed.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”