Timer Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Timer Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm home now.

Dgs has 'graduated' from physio. Doesn't have to go back and doesn't have to do exercises at home, unless they notice his neck reverting back to its twisted state. If that happens within 3 months, they don't need a referral, otherwise they have to reenter the system (which took 6 months to get a first appointment.) This time, of course, they already have exercises they can start with him while waiting if that happens.

Dd asked to borrow my weights. I did not give them to her because I mean to get going with them for the same reason she needs them - ds is getting heavy but doesn't stand or walk so we have to carry him places. I expect to be pretty much disabled yesterday after carrying him around IKEA so much (I got about 4500 steps, over half of which carrying dgs.) My hips are still sore from dancing on Saturday so I did some stretches last night but have to start in on upper body stuff. So I need to keep my weights. (They are hard to buy used, I try to do so last year before buying new. On the other hand they aren't expensive, $1/lb.)

We leave for hair cuts in 30 minutes. I did a general tidying when I got in and the apartment is almost back in order. Now to work on the pile of mail.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:08 pm

This morning has been busy. I gave up on sleep a little bit after 3am and have been on the go since I got up.

This morning was celebrating Grandparents at school so we ate breakfast with DGD6 & DS9 at school. DD had made reservations for us and paid for our meal. It was very well attended. I think there were more Grandparents there than children in the school.

The school principal called to chat about DS9 and how he is doing. We discussed my (and her) frustration with not having a curriculum for each of the subjects. We discussed DS9 doing homework for 4 hours last night and this morning (I woke him up at 6am to do homework). She said DS9 shouldn't have that much homework. He should finish most of it in the classroom. I am sure most of the kids do finish it in the classroom but not Mr ADHD with no focus. I told her that DS9 was not making passing grades right now because we are scrambling to get a system in place to support/tutor what is being taught in the classroom. We both agree that DS9 needs to be in the classroom with his friends. We both agree that it is too soon to know if he can learn in this environment. They aren't going to put DS9 into the official grade computerized system yet and the teachers will hand write his grades to give to me until we know if he is staying in public school.

I have spent hours this morning organizing my garden seeds. Over 50 vegetables and varieties. I might be a little OCD on this. :) It is a joy to have the time to spend on doing this.

the rest of the day .....
** 11:30 - meet DFriend at school to work on volunteer stuff.
** 12:10 - DS9 from school to Speech. Normally we use this weekly trip to town to purchase items at WM & Sam's. However, DS9 needs to be returned to school ASAP after his speech appointment so we will have to make another 50 mile trip to do weekly shopping.
** 3:45 - pick up DGD6 and DS9 from school and start homework
** 5:00 - Weight Watchers meeting. It is going to be another horrible weigh in. The only positive thing I have to say is I am not giving up. I am giving myself grace for emotional eating (DH cancer diagnosis, DBro cancer Diagnosis, DS9 return to public school, DD wedding and DGD6 here 6 days/nights, etc, etc, etc). It is what it is. Life happens.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:50 pm

HAPPY BIRYHDAY K in C & hrh!

I was late feeding hens. Been working on seasonal planning and prepping pkanner pages foe that. Trash day here got the can loaded making progress on the branch pile yea. Bed it made. S2s x Put a sm. Chair on toy zone took out the folding mattress changing that up a bit.

Glad to hear of good reports of those in storm areas.
Time to flip the laundry over.
Last day of hot weather here yea!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Ramblin', do you have lots of time on your hands as you care for things right now, or are you overwhelmed? In either case, private message to you and apologies that it's long, lol.

Sunny, are you "with us" in technology land? Hoping the power outages don't continue.

LadyM, if you are going to have a collection to enjoy, that's a pretty good one! (wonderful that principal takes so much interest)

Harmony, do you suppose it was his desire to use the storm to "total" the car at a convenient time? I'm sure Mr. Harmony is relieved that the lady's house and living situation is either already confident or getting situated with electric.

A shooting at ddil's hospital has been a little unnerving. Just one person's action, instantly under control by police, but sobering. She had to accept twice as many patients into her ward (?) because they evacuated another floor to be absolutely sure. Problem is, she had pediatrics and these were surgery-recovering adults, many elderly. So, a mental puzzle for everyone, and many very different patients and family to reassure. The one patient we knew slept through it all because of after-surgery meds but her dd was frantic.

Progress has been one DPC - way less than intended by now. It was answered by yet another very nice lady who cannot speak my language well enough to avoid the same constant confusion that I had the other day with someone in a different company. This time, it was she who gave up on me ( :| ) and called over someone who could understand me, with whom to finish the conversation. Honestly, I am listening as intently as I can. It is hard to believe that there is any real savings to companies in hiring (dispersing?) for telephone work in this way, if it takes longer and requires extra people.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:43 pm

CI ~ One more round done of 6 things.
Branch pile is delt with yea,
picked up after ddog.
More laundry
Time to flip laundry again.
Meat is thawing.

I thought by now 3 yo would be used to coming here and his dad going to work it has been all summer but he is worse some days now he is biting nails. He hates bed time really normal but a nite lite did not help. Sigh.

Preschool starting for him next wk could be a factor - but he was huming and coloring so we will be doing more of that. I noticed he just sits in the kiddoe lawn chair so I brought it inside to use in the toy room maybe he just needs time to process like we all do.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Good morning everyone! I had to revert the bane of my existence report to its March incarnation. Every time I "fix" it something else breaks! Hate this report!!! I have to carry my phone with me everywhere as I am waiting on a call from the vet. Briggs reopened the skin on his ear, the place on his back is now bigger and scratched raw, he is biting is feet and they are bleeding. Cat coordinator wants to change both litter and food. I keep telling her he used the litter for more than a year with no problems and we can only change one variable at a time. She tells me Briggs is not an experimental animal. Well, actually he is. The experiment is titled "Building a Healthier Briggs" and I think it meets all ethical guidelines. Briggs is set up so that the cat coordinator can pick him up from my house if he needs to go to the vet. It is her surgery day, so I will not hear from her until afternoon.

Last night I had a horrific amount of stuff to get done, but got lots of it done with only a little goof off time. I still did not get to bed until midnight. I vacuumed out the sprinkler tube twice (am doing it twice a day for a week). Because the stickers were so awful while I did that I weeded out all the stickers in the front yard. There are still lots of weeds to contend with later, but the most awful ones are gone. All catboxes in the house are extreme cleaned, the smell MAY be gone. Floors in sewing room and half the MBR are swept and mopped. Church website updated, vet emailed. LOL of cat bedding and cleaning rags completed with bleach. Library books returned. I did not get a chance to start the writeup for the animal org, nor have I looked into tickets for the Kansas show Thursday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KATHRYN AND HRH.

I am at a stopping place, guess I should get lunch. I have not yet figured out tonight's list, but it will undoubtedly involve getting cat food at the vet. DD15 will be studying for finals.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm

My last attempt at launching myself off this seat was not successful. I am going out to walk the ddog, and when I return I will get busy instead of sitting down!

I missed the garbage today. After I posted earlier I was about to take it out when the truck roared by. We usually don't fill it, but I hate that I missed it.

Am setting timer on my phone for 3 p.m. for next break.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Oh my -- I really intended to remember Kathryn's bday! I knew it was coming up... and... then life happened.
Happy belated birthday wishes to Kathryn and
Happy birthday, HRH!

Well, I am sitting in the middle of an episode of Hoarders.
I am babysitting dgrands at their house bc dh just does not feel like having them underfoot at our house.
I am under strict orders NOT to clean up the house. Ddil is nervous bc I am here at all; I am not to make her feel worse. I wouldn't know where things go anyway. These were ds's words before leaving.
So... here we are.
Dgrands are eating goldfish crackers and watching Nick Jr.

When ds gets home from nursing home singing, he is going to see what he ca do about the trash compactor fiasco at our house. (See my last night post. Sigh.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:21 pm

Ding ding timer went off another round done.
Lunch x
Hens are out for their free range time. I cleaned the coop doing that daily now, I raked the run as well I do that occasionally. They had leaves to play with this morning.
Got the laundry changed over.
Did some knitting got today's section done.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:33 pm

LucyLee - Have you unplugged the trash compactor and left it unplugged for an hour or two? I seem to remember that helping reset/release our trash compactor (at our last house) when it locked up.

My new exercise machine arrived today. It is a battery operated push lawn mower. :lol: I decided since I walk every day I might as well use that time productively. We have always had one or two gas powered push lawn mowers around here but I find myself dreading using them because they are frequently a PITA for me to start. Starting a battery powered push lawn mower is easy as pushing a button and it weighs about 1/4 the amount of a gas powered mower so it is super easy to push. I like simple. Easy.

DH volunteered to do the shopping today and just left for the 2nd trip to town. I gave him 2 buy-this lists. One list is for things we need. The other list is for things the church needs. I stayed home to get the kids from school and start homework. DH and I will meet up at WW meeting.

This afternoon I have texted with DGS21, DBro, DSon, DDIL, DD and DSIL and 3 DFriends. I don't know how we used to communicate before texting. I wish DMom would text because she feels left out of knowing information. We don't do it on purpose but it seems everyone assumes I will be the one to remember to tell DMom the status of stuff. But I frequently forget to tell DMom stuff because once an issue is dealt with, then it is out of my head and I'm on to the next thing. Note to self.....stay up with technology. Does that mean I need to be Snap Chatting? hum....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”