First Up Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

First Up Friday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:04 am

In some forums like Reddit, when the host posts a news topic about a long awaited announcement, sometimes someone will post First! That's it, nothing to add to the discussion, just staking that they were first.

I appear to first this morning. And I'll claim first-up (5:35) even though I suspect that LadyM and a few others may have beat me.

But the First Up in today's title refers to doing the item first-up on your lists (real or in your mind). So before posting here, I have finally made those Rice Krispy squares plus I tidied the kitchen and sent the request off for a $5 gas card (the Rice Krispy promotion is on and I got in under the wire, the cereal is good until June but I had to buy the cereal by Sept. 30, so my two family size boxes of cereal will end up costing me $1.75 each!)

Now I'm sitting, having my tea and chocolate and figuring out what is next up first.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: First Up Friday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:08 am

Very relieved the Mr. Lucylee got through the procedure fine yesterday.

I hope Lucylee got a good night's rest. Not likely but I can hope!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:41 am

Today I cleared of my couch and chaise, put clean clovers on them, washed the previous covers.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:05 am

That's a big job Lynlee! I'm still looking for my couch and chair surfaces!

Spent 20 minutes sorting paperwork and drawing up a list for today. Next up, s2s or breakfast. Not sure which. I should shower but I'm really hungry.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 am

Hi!

I'm up but I am NOT a happy camper today. We planned to go over the river to shop at Hobby Lobby. I took our passports out and dh's expired! Grrr...

Today dh will make pickled beets and I will do the grape jelly.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:44 am

Ah, Friday! So happy to be on the recovering side of Rosh Hashanah's gathering. It is really just too much. I told friend M last night to remind me next June that I said this will be the last. I think I mentioned the other day that it would be nice to support the temple's 4 p.m. pot luck gathering and hope that a lot of our guests would do that as well.

Today:
-work at getting house back to normal
-work on ProGen assignment due on Monday
-visit dmom

We have plenty of leftovers for our dinner tonight.

I need to make my breakfast power shake and walk the ddog next.

I slept really well. Ddog woke me up about an hour ago - I hadn't set an alarm and actually had to think about what day of the week it is.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 am

I didn't post but I might have actually been first up! It's been up and down around here every 30 minutes. -- sheesh -- Everytime I doze off... "Lucy, close that door... Lucy, hold my gown up... Lucy, take this... Lucy, can you do this... "
aaaaauuuuuggghh!!!

And ddil is ticked off at dcousin -- and truthfully, I am too -- they are just not a real dependable bunch. Dcousin was supposed to keep dgrands for an hour or two this afternoon, and she cancelled last night bc she has to take her DD to cheerleader practice.
Fortunately, ddil was able to get her dfriend, who had babysat for them before. When dfriend' new job starts, I don't know what on earth they will do! (When we are unavailable.)

I certainly hope dh gets to go home today... I'm about to get sick of this place myself... and every time I go downstairs (to the cafeteria) it seems like I spend $15. Sheesh..... this is NOT Disney World...
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 am

I told friend M last night to remind me next June that I said this will be the last.
We'll try to 'remind' you kindly next year too, Twins. I even put it on my calendar. :lol:

Hope you get to go home today, LucyLee.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 am

Lol, Dee, then I get a nice note this morning:
Thanks so much for hosting such a wonderful way to continue to celebrate Rosh Hashanah.
I grew up having our large family together after services; being with y'all and friends is great!

I don't know if I mentioned that both dkids have had a cold, and now I've gotten it. I think I'm entitled to a nap later perhaps.

Tomorrow I am going about 2 hrs west of here for a morning seminar.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am

I know Rosh Hosanna is over as of tonight. I wish you peace, joy and many blessings this next year d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”