First Up Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: First Up Friday!

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:47 am

sorry his passport expired d cathy!

good morning to everyone.
I am playing housekeeper by the seat of my pants today - no plans - just looking at the situation and putting things away
I have to leave at 4:30 for dinner with d sis in laws/d bro in laws and then a comedy show. (not as thrilled with the comedy show but dh wants to go)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:37 am

Blessed, I'm doing the same as you are doing today. Except for the comedy show.

Well I'm certainly not the first up, but except for Lucylee I'm usually the last to bed!

I have LOL going and dishes are done and kitchen cleaned up. Not a fast job, had to put away candles, all the water bottles, I used up the pitchers of water rinsing the dishes so those are away; beginning to look normal in here now.

We keep getting calls for house repair (hurricane damage) for far away spots in FL. Tells me people are having trouble getting people to come and work. Last call was from Ontario! Snow birds, most likely.

I better get back to it.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:03 am

Good Morning!

I have been up for hours but purposely have not been productive. I feel the need for a change of pace. It's not that I'm not doing anything, just nothing that is planned. The calendar for today is almost empty (just FNG at 7pm).

I prepared my morning smoothie and DKids breakfast (pancakes & sausage).

I put away all the clean clothes. DH and I keep up with putting our clean clothes away daily but sometimes DS9 and DGD6
clean clothes don't get put away and will pile up on top of the dryer for several days. Teaching them to put their clean clothes up daily is an ongoing process. I wimped out this morning and just put their clean clothes away for them. It is quicker and easier just to do it myself. Today I wanted quick/easy more than a teachable moment.

DGS21 has lied to everyone except me about his activity this weekend. It bugs me greatly. His lie has become quite elaborate. He has lied to his workplace, friends, his Mom (DD), his dad and Great Grandmother (DMom) about what he is doing this weekend. I am upset with him that he is telling these lies. Especially for no reason. I suppose telling a lie for a good reason is still wrong, but at least it would make some type of sense. The lie about his activity this weekend is totally not necessary. He is an adult. He doesn't need to make up lies about his activity. He isn't doing anything illegal. I am not comforted by him being truthful with only me. He has put me into a position of being an accomplice to his lie. I don't want him to feel like he has to lie to me too, but I don't want to have knowledge that he is lying to others. I hate lying.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:10 am

Continuing with clean up here, and talked to dd for awhile about stuff. I have to say I'm just puttering around mostly.

I finally opened up the ProGen document that I need to get finished up, but I hardly have the focus to look at it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:13 am

Good morning! Last night, I discovered the likely cause of all my troubles yesterday - for the past two days, I have been getting half the appropriate meds for my stomach. Combining that with the far less than optimal meal spells pain. Much better today, with symptoms that don't even rate an ibuprofen. It is a relief to know that the condition is not worsening.

DD15 had homework last night, so we did not make the PTO meeting. The x didn't want to go, so no one in DD's family was there. It wasn't "real" homework. She was having trouble understanding something in math class and asked the teacher for further explanation and extra practice problems. She's got it now. After she left, I did manage to work on the computer focus. I got the pictures and videos off my new phone. That took a while to figure out. Now there are two copies of DD on stage with Social Distortion. There were also a few Hawaii pictures I had forgotten about.

Today is halfway to payday! My WTF will continue to be computer stuff, followed by party prep. I have dinner with some church friends tonight. I was disappointed that today's google doodle is autumn equinox rather than Rosh Hashana.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 am

Happy change of seasons to ya'll.

Twins' ... .. how come June? Am I missing something about June ... ..

And, "oh what a tangled web we weave", huh LadyM? Ohmigoodness ds used to get himself into some tangles. I'd feel sorry for him. He was way too glib and likable for his own good when he was young. Maturity stepped in and changed that, and I'm sure it will for your dgs21. They say the ability to lie is an indicator of intelligence, and I believe that may be true in youth. Eventually, really smart people figure out that the tangles have been avoidable all along, and just decide to stop weaving!

I couldn't do my laundry this a.m. :!:
HRH had set 2 tomatoes on the washer lid yesterday. Neither he nor I noticed one was way overripe - maybe oddly rotten inside. It split and spilled juice all night long, evidently. The liquid - and a lot of it - traveled in a straight trickle into the washer. I wiped up a lot, but it was definitely down through the holes in the bottom. You could smell it! :shock: Ugh! I just couldn't put a load of laundry into that odor, especially since today was darks, which is mostly my dark shirts and undies/socks! So instead have washed a load of All-and-nothing ;) , all the way through a hot cycle.

Today seems to be DPC day - happily (I guess) they are about my own household.

In other strangely happy news, I ate several biscuits HRH baked last evening and told myself the scale would be dreadful today, giving myself a mental talking-to about being philosophical, but I was only a pound up.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:58 am

Harriet, it's so I can figuratively stiffen my back and and let people know and not waver.

I think I'm going to nap. DD is gone and I just ate some carb heavy mac and cheese and comfort food.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm taking a break after working, standing in the kitchen, without proper footwear on. My toenails are drying which explains the improper footwear. Having to polish all the silver explains the standing.

My toenails finally chipped yesterday. It is over 5 weeks since that pedicure so this is not a surprise. What is a surprise is the weather. We'll have a 'feels-like' temperature of over 100 for the next 3 days so my toes still need to be attended to. I spent 30+ minutes getting the old polish off (I have basically done 2 coats on top of the original paint job to make them presentable for the wedding.) That was black polish so it took forever to get off. After 5 weeks without any trims, they also needed attention so my time to get dressed was about 4x as long as it normally would have been. The toes now have a base coat and shiny clear coat on. That's going to have to be good enough. I don't want another pedicure, even though we still have another week of sandal weather.

The kitchen is a mess again (all the silver is still out plus all the stuff I use for the polishing) so that will need at least 30 minutes later today. But for now, I get to sit.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:34 pm

I had a low in the nite even after reducing Rx amount for insulin This morning :D I pulled covers over my head and slept in till 7:30 I was freezing... Fed the animals. I have been working with my markers inking in some page borders. I am having fun with this. I am not the 1st one up maybe the last I am okay with that. Bwp up today floor counters and bathrooms.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Eventually, really smart people figure out that the tangles have been avoidable all along, and just decide to stop weaving!

very very true
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”