First Up Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: First Up Friday!

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 pm

d harmony glad we could work together today!

heading out for lunch with dh
hadn't planned on it but he is happy

worked all morning on paperwork (med stuff for d mom and dd younger)
I have a file on my computer I add info for d mom including daily blood pressure, any heart issues, visits etc.
so that if there is an emergency i can tell the er what has been going on . I have been carrying it in my purse and it's getting heavy - I have to simplify it for my purse
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Very odd ... The bane report queries were taking forever to run. I wanted to devote today to improving their performance. Now the whole lot runs in about half a minute. There are still two places I should improve, but the times are not unmanageable.

More drama at the animal org <SIGH>. M was our volunteer for a long time, but has now set up her own rescue org. This is not a problem in itself and has happened before, resulting in two orgs with different policies and procedures, but similar goals and good relations. However, she continues to post her dogs on our website, Facebook, and Petfinder sites. The latest postings show first. Whenever we post new info on our own org site, she takes down her dogs an reposts them, driving our own animals to the bottom! She has also poached at least one of our volunteers, badmouthing our org to both that volunteer and to the management at the store we show the dogs. People contact us to complain when HER dogs are not at OUR adoption clinic, because the web stuff means they cannot tell the dogs are not ours. She has her own website, but does not post her dogs there! She says it is because she has to "fly under the radar", because either her home city or the state is after her for a licensing fee. When she gave the store manager a tour of one of her fosters, she used one of ours. Her only known foster has around 40 dogs at her house! Needless to say, she will no longer have access to any of our web stuff! If she wants to be a separate org, there are plenty enough strays to go around, but stop using our resources, pay your bills, and stop badmouthing us for not keeping track of and working with animals that do not belong to us. Our volunteers should not be co-opted into setting up for you and cannot be used to man your table. (Ok, we are willing to watch long enough for a bathroom break! All the orgs cooperate in that manner.)

My head is trying to get a migraine, even though I ate well last night.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:29 pm

hope it doesn't turn into a migraine d elizabeth

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:41 pm

2 loads of laundry done. spent a half hour on pinterest mmmm

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm

The dryer is going.
Watched 5'x2" lady gaga's movie. It was ok I like bios. I did half a walk forgot my phone came back for it incase h is off early. Art class tomorrow with dil h 3dgds. :mrgreen:
I finished a lap robe size piece I have been knitting. Got it seamed together also. I finally got the last part of my walk in.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Thanks for the laundry reminder, ladies!

I was distracted. Not only my case but my phone arrived today. Staples still claims it will be shipped on Monday but it is here.

My UPS guy (really love him!) handed me a parcel from Apple as well so we knew right away it wasn't for either of us. It was for dh's tech tea friend. I said the the delivery man, "It's a shame I can't sign for it because he'll be at work and won't want to wait longer for it." The UPS guy said, "you can sign if you want." So he checked, neither were home so he came back and I signed. Dh just emailed his friend and he is excited he'll get it tonight. We should probably share keys, that way I could pop it into the apartment but we'll stay home until he's home tonight (around 7.)

My phone is pretty. It is white. Dh had ordered wrist straps and gave me a pink and a purple one from the set. My case is clear and I'm thinking the pink might be the right one, but I'll have to see.

But first, laundry. BTW: the kitchen is cleaned up again. And dh took out the recycle so that's another task done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:32 pm

hi d kathryn - your phone does sound pretty

daily kitchen stuff done
even surface vacuuming

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm

french done. I haven't been able to have consistent time with the teacher but she is correcting my work as I go.

time to shower and get ready to head out

listening to roger and hammer steins cinderella from 1965

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Dh has just gone to pick up Chinese food. We are both exhausted.

30 pounds (?) or 3 bags of beets all processed and in jars.

4 batches of grape jelly are slowly being processed. 1st batch is done and sitting for 24 hours. 2nd batch is on the stove. Next 2 batches of juice are in the 8 cup measuring cup. I only have 4 packets of liquid pectin, so the rest of the grapes will be made into juice and they can be in the fridge in glass bottles. Dh said that adding some of that awesome Concord grape juice into club soda would be amazing.

I helped dh with the beets, which are his thing and he helped me with the jelly.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:24 pm

My phone is pretty! And pretty distracting.

I still haven't finished my service/sermon yet.

Did get the bills paid, the laundry done and Quicken updated. Which means papers are more under control.

Neighbour came and picked up the parcel. They are moving but just to a 2 bedroom, still in this building. Phew!

The new phone updated its operating system and I put the case on to try it out and it works fine, even with the wireless charging adapter in place. The phone has a glass back so needs the case, otherwise it slides all over surfaces according to reviews. It was actually marked down by someone, which I thought was a bizarre complaint when it can be easily solved with a $10 case.

Dh and I will go for a walk in a bit. I offered ds a bed here tomorrow but he'll tough it out at his place. The extreme heat won't come in until the afternoon so he should sleep through it. Today has been lovely and fresh, the humidity is gone. By next weekend it will be cool and the week after bordering on cold. But we have 4 days of extreme heat in a row first.

Return to “Post When You Can”