Sunny Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Sunny Saturday

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:06 am

What are U up to today.
I am up way early. 5 a.m.
May go back to bed nope. It turns out we have no sun here it rained in the nite.

I painted & finished up the rocks I had been working on. I got the roast braised and in the crock pot had to explain to hubby what that was, the house smells yummy now.

I need a blankey bc it is cold and a nap sounds delicious!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Sunny Saturday

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:38 am

Actually I was up to trying to go back to sleep. Got up at 4am, potty break, turned on the furnace (it's off now), went back to bed till nearly 7. Heard dh leave and decided I might as well get up and get moving. Just finished my breakfast and am sipping a cup of java. As soon as I fix my hair I'm going out for a short walk. I need to take several short walks at least so I can get those total steps up.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:05 am

Hi, Nancy and Dee. I'm trying to type on a different keyboard as HRH works on the office and changes things around.

We seem to have a water leak under the house. I couldn't wash dishes last evening. Not a good day of the week to realize this. Dd19 will have showered before she comes home - maybe she can go to church alone if there's no water forthcoming here.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 am

Panic state here.

Presents are wrapped and the guest bedroom is ready for ds.

My bed is made. I've had breakfast and I started work on assembling dgs' "cake" but got waylaid.

I have finished the service now and printed it off so now I can go full speed ahead on the party preparations. I have food prep and table setting to do still along with the cake and general tidying.

I need to check the arrival time of dd's dmil and then get dressed so I'm ready to dash out the door to pick her up.

Faith, I need to have faith I can do it all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 am

You CAN do it, Kathryn, if anybody can.

Hope the water problem is easily solved AND fixed, Harriet.

I've once again moved things around in our 'living area'. Trying to make it handy for dh's fall schedule. He does probably 50-60 winterizations. Trying to keep it all straight (at first) is somewhat daunting. Hoping to reach that stage of ease sooner than later. The season comes upon us much more quickly than we expect.

Should get out and take a 20-minute walk before I attempt to do anything else. I'll go in a minute (or two), honest I will. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Setback.

Broke a wine glass so that took 30 minutes to deep clean the area and get all the danger away from my darling boy.

On the plus side, that, plus my ADD meant I checked the email notification and it was dd telling me 2 guests won't make it. Since I hadn't yet finished setting the table, I cut it down in size a bit by swapping out leaves.

I'm s2s, the service for tomorrow is printed off.

But I'm nowhere, no how, ready.

This is break time. Off to the airport to pick up dd's dmil. Will find something to eat and take it with me.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Morning...

The fall cool down has begun. Won't be in full effect for another two week, but I am more than ready.

Willis and I started up our walking rountine this morning. Have to go easy as sometimes Willis gets a hitch in his back right leg. Joints are fine so I don't have to worry about that. We did two miles yesterday and will do the same today... slow and easy with hope of getting up to four. Plenty of hiking trails close by with lots of "smells" for Willis to enjoy.

Quite by accident Came across a long lost cousin the other day. We share the same 5th generation g-father. That grandfather had 5 children from hi second wife. I am from the first child, a son Charles and he from the fourth child, also a son William.

What is interesting is I have very little information about William. Only that he and another brother George left Philadelphia in the mid 1850's and traveled to Illinois. I have been in touch with George's family for a while and they told me that William left George and traveled on to Iowa. And William was a black smith.

This new to me cousin lives outside of LA, Ca. and I have no idea how he made the connection back to our shared g-father. Yesterday I sent him background information concerning the history of our family.... remember I am directly related to Silas Crispin who was responsible for surveying Pennsylvania and Philadelphia for his cousin William Penn.

This new to me cousins is a serious Civil War buff and I hope to spark his interest enough to help me with my continuous searches of our g-father.

Off to enjoy my day...waving to Y'all
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi!

Almost as soon as I got out of bed, we were out the door. Dh and I were one of the volunteer teams for picking up donations for the Lions Food Drive here. By the time we finished, the back of the pickup was full to the top and then some! We left to start our route at 9 a.m. and finished getting unloaded at 11 a.m. We stopped long enough to get a bottle of cold water and then we came home and had lunch.

Since then we have both had naps.

There is a heat warning in effect here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Work day here. We are both busy today.

RRose, I've been wanting to tell you I've been using your suggestion for dish washing, got a generic jet... whatever it's called... putting a couple drops into my dish soap water and what I've noticed is getting dishes clean is faster and everything shines more, especially metal pots. Thank you.

Hi Sunny, see your light on.

Lucylee, read your post last night. I don't know how you did so much.

We are still hot as usual. Sept. is a pretty hot month for us.

I have sheets hanging up to dry; I have towels washing right now.

I asked DH if we could take down a couple panels on the sliding glass door from the master bedroom so I could get some stuff out there without having to walk all the way around the house. He and I both feel a little calmer about the storm situation now. We worked at it, ended up taking 3 panels down and I carried them around to the shop. Then I began taking the outside chairs back out to the back porch and DH and I carted the big round table back out too. House looks better.

Can't tell you how nice it is to be able to look down that one hall and see some sunlight coming in from that room. I hate how dark this house has been.

Working away on stuff here. DH is weeding the yard. I swept off the back porch before we put the furniture back out there, easy to do when there's not stuff there.

Back to work.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm home from a totally enjoyable guided hike with DS9 and DGD6. I was somewhat hesitant to take DGD6 because I wasn't for sure she could do a 2-hour hike. She struggled at first and fell 3 times while learning how to maneuver up/down the rocky trails. She only cried a moment after falling the first time, then she stopped crying and announced "I'm okay. I can do this." She asked a couple times during the hike how much further and said she was about to be tired, but then she kept on going without complaining. AFterwards, she told me several times how much she liked hiking and thanked me for taking her.

I'm trying to decide if I'm a bad Nana for allowing DGD6 to pick out her own clothing. She loves doing it. Today she selected a plaid shirt to go with heart leggings. Hum......I'm sure her outfit made the Fashion Police queasy. I'm putting my focus on her being clean, happy, and kind to others. We will eventually get to the fashion aspect of dressing. On second thought. I'm the one that is happy in t-shirt and jeans 99% of the time. Somewhere I'm sure there is a person that will come into DGD6 life that will teach her about fashion. Until then......I guess plaid & hearts worn together is okay. :roll:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”