Sunny Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunny Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:07 pm

My dd had no fashion sense when she was little either. But she gave it a lot of thought. If we asked about her choices, she point to a tiny dash of green on a small flower in the shirt that matched the bold green geometric pattern in her pants. I let it go. She doesn't do that anymore. I started her on a clothing allowance by middle school because I wanted her to be aware that high fashion has a high cost. Both kids were on one at that age and they could use the leftover money for whatever they wanted. That was my incentive for them to buy from thrift stores or low cost stores. Ds now buys high end (sigh) but dd continued and does so for dgs now too.

I'm back from my airport errand and I've eaten some lunch. The table is set. I have just under an hour to get everything else done. It will be very tight. Dh is washing up dishes for me now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:42 pm

After taking a break, my energy level is restored.

Next up -
** mix & bake oatmeal/apple muffins
** prep beans (sort & soak)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Now is my time to work on the computer while we drive up the valley. We got off over 30 minutes late so it will be a late dinner.

Everything on my prep list for tomorrow is done except for cutting the carrots. I can assign dd that task so all should be fine.

I had a nice but short visit with DD's dmil during the drive from the airport. Dgs gave her a wonderful welcome and ignored me. As it should be. She spends a lot of time reading to him over Skype and it is paying off. He has a very different relationship with her than I do and was full of giggles when she was hugging him. I don't get to hear him giggle often so enjoyed watching him with her.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Didn't work on the way up, I pulled out my phone and explored it. I finally decided to put it away and at that point, looked up and we were pulling into WM so I could exchange a nightgown. I picked up some fruit and a salad for myself for tomorrow. Dh called in the pizza so we picked that and a milkshake up for him and then drove to the hotel to check in. I've wrapped the salad and fruit in newspaper and put it in a bag in the fridge because I find that hotel fridges freeze things.

I'm exhausted so may head to bed now. Was in bed at 12:30 last night and awake at 6 so I'm exhausted.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:54 pm

waving to all on the other side of the wide lake.

today.
church has happened
last night dd rang and we straightened out the when for me to visit.
I'm to go down today to visit
dgs18 baked goodies to take camping with his gf and her family, and I'll see him today. You would say cookies I think. this is the boy who took great delight at match his clothing as a pre-schooler. sometimes a total orange delight.
dsil is off across the lake today so I'll miss him. the wonders of middle A will be upon him.
dd and dgd will be there
I'm hoping dd2 will be able to have a visit from me on Tuesday. She was the one who listed a hobby as ironic dressing in her school years. It took a good eye of another to catch the deliberateness of it. and some who mentioned their interest in the viewing thereof for a daily smile.

breakfast is eaten. I notice I took meat down for last night's dinner but was waylaid with an allergy linked headache so it seems that is lunch.
briefly looked at news.
2 men as bad as each other dominate badly. it seems a competition.
a third if I count another. though I wonder if completion will ever be there, for his downfall.
and an army with no regard for elected leadership playing from their own script.
across the ditch the waiting game. We played that here as well.
our current issue that cannot bear mentioning. I had my say in that.

enough of the do I dare not mention those things. O Lord - Praying for all.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Oh what a day. I did get a lot done.

Got the towels finished, every clean dry stuff is put away. I got bills caught up. Filled up the bleach bottles for the laundry room. We buy pool bleach in big containers and dilute it 1/2 and 1/2 for the laundry. Real pain to do and the big container is heavy.

I would have done more but my knee got really sore and it felt better if I wasn't on it.

Has anyone here used Goo gle payments to buy something? Somebody is wanting us to get the goo gle cards and he set up an invoice, etc. etc. for something we're looking at. Totally new to us. It isn't released until we tell them to release the $ from the cards. I'm wondering, sounds like an ok system, I'm just not sure.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:46 pm

I haven't used Google payments or know of anyone who has. I am interested in hearing opinions about it.

When I was teaching myself how to do swim pool maintenance, I hung around Pool forums online. Those guys are over-the-top in analyzing the various methods and chemicals to use in swim pools. Most swim pools use either bleach or salt so they were discussed frequently. I was surprised to learn that bleach has such a short shelf life. When stored in a warm environment (over 70 degrees) it can lose it effectiveness in a couple months. I'm not sure I believe that because we have always stored bleach and I never noticed any difference over time. However, I don't do chemical testing on my bleach (and don't intend to start) so I'll just have to take the word of those who do that kind of thing.

Both kids have had their bath. DGD6 had a bloody nose during her bath (YUCK) so we had to empty tub and start again.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 pm

HRH says, Harmony, that the reason he does not use Goo gle payments is the safety already demonstrated by Pay Pal, through which you can get your money back, have an arbiter if there is disagreement, etc. Recently, he talked dd through a refund, through Pay Pal, for some art supplies that were not what she bargained for. Nobody had to get upset - Pay Pal basically did it. He says if there wasn't already a set-up that was doing such a good job, he'd be looking at Goo gle payments.

Well, I have good stories to tell about today. Maybe I can tell tomorrow. Suffice to say, I am S2Sed normally without a problem. I have a load of dishes ready to run when we head to bed. Dd19 did a laundry load. My kitchen, and part of my house, are in a state. But we have a normal set of utilities and some serious progress on other projects here, too, because we had so much good help show up.

At one point this week, HRH and I had decided we were going to attend another church Sunday and let dd19 handle things at our church. When we lost water, we cancelled those plans - it looked like it was going to be a big deal just to get showers. Now I'm wondering if we did the right thing. Thinking.

Clothing for children. ToddlerC and I look through my clothing catalogs and pick our favorite item on each page. Usually a funny accessory that makes her laugh, but sometimes a top, etc. I ask why and she almost always says the one she chose looked "warm" or "cozy", and sure enough that is how they look. Comfort, softness, seems to be her priority. She doesn't seem to care about designs or bright colors.

The older boys want clothing that makes a statement. Give them a sophisticated dinosaur image or a "retro" comic, etc.
and they are happy.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Walked with dd1 this morning. Then I showered, etc. and dd2 picked me up for dgs11 football game. Yesterday was dgd8 birthday. So dd2 helped me find some of her birthday gift. Tomorrow she is having a bowling/friend birthday party. Next weekend we will be having her family party, since the boys are at their dads. Tonight they were going out to eat and dd2 invited me to go with them. After that we went to dgd21s to see Karson. Tonight was the first time the girls were able to hold him. We were there about an hour. I think dgd21 finally sees that he can be around family because there were 4 adults and the 2 girls. He seemed very content to just take it all in. He seemed intrigued by the girls. After I left there I had to go get gas. I was getting very low and I wanted to fill up before the rain starts. I hadn't been home but about 10 minutes when it started raining.

Dh had called the house several times while I was gone. He said he hoped I was with one or both of the girls having fun. He said he already has the motorcycle loaded. He will go ahead and stay in our hometown tomorrow night because he knows he will be too tired to drive another 6+ hours after they get there. There ended up being 8 guys in their group. 3 of them had went to bed by 8:30.

At the rate I am going, I will be lucky if I have the 2 closets finished and the rest of the house cleaned by the time he gets home. I can always deep clean the rooms with him home, it's the mess dragging things out of closets that I didn't want him to see.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:34 am

Class took too long bc we did not start on time. It was fun but I got tired by the end and did not get finished, I was distracted by the end it was hard to focus.

I got my flu shot today. Bought yarn too it was way more fun getting yarn when I did that.

Dson bbqed dinner butvit was late. Had a good day.

Return to “Post When You Can”