Sabbath Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sabbath Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Dd was really appreciative that I did the party. Her dh is doing the 'friends' party on Saturday (other friends of theirs with babies.)

I have the room, we have mega a/c (required today) and I have all the stuff (china, etc.) to handle what will be a growing extended family. I don't have a yard cousins can play in, though, so that's the downside, although there is a nice park just a block away (with my maiden name so we can pretend it is a family park!)

It is good to be able to use all these things. If I'm not using them, I don't want to be saddled with them. There will come a time when I won't be able to manage these parties, and then I will downsize further.

The loveseat in the living room worked well for today. Everyone had a comfortable seat and people didn't have to be too close together (even with the a/c it was very warm in here.) It will still be here for Canadian Thanksgiving (if we do something) but we got word today that W & R have noted their application has been marked Decision Made so they will send their passports into the embassy within a week and will be in Canada in around 40 days. So the loveseat (and a bin of things in storage) will be out of my place by Christmas. Woot! (Wasn't sure where I'd put the tree this year!)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:04 pm

I haven't fully cuop for today, so I know I'm missing a lot here, but I just wanted to check in.
Ranting and whining, I guess, in J&C re: dmom and dh... but I do need prayers for both of them.

Dmom is doing better, however, in many ways, and she said she would come out here tomorrow for me to get her meds together for the week. I was going to go out there and take the dgrands with me, to keep them out of dh's hair for a little while, but that's okay...
I got her some groceries today, which she will also pick up tomorrow.
Also have a bunch of errands to do tomorrow, so I'll take the grands on some of those rounds.

This is a busy busy week, and I just hope it doesn't get the best of dh.
Tomorrow, we'll have dgd from 11:30 till who knows? And dgs from the time I pick him up at school tomorrow afternoon. DS is giving lessons and they are at all staggered times -- 11:30, 3:00, 6:00... Almost not worth having him come back and forth to give us some time off, but still, a long haul for dh to have them both underfoot.
Tuesday, we vote (runoff election), and dh has to get bloodwork at the local hospital lab.
Wednesday, we will have dgd all day, plus drop off dgs at school and pick him up, take them to church, and keep them till ddil gets home from school that night.
Thursday, we will have dgd all day while ddil, (and ds, she hopes) go with dgs on a pumpkin patch field trip.
Friday... high school football game with ds & family, then off to college town... yes, at approx 9:00-10:00 pm...
Saturday... college town... ballgame is not till 5:00 pm, thank goodness!
Sunday... church plus birthday party for dcousin8, daughter of undependable dcousin... * sigh *

But today, I accomplished all I needed to AND got a nap in. Had to do Wmart by myself again, but dh did go and sit in the car. At least he felt like leaving the house. He did not make it to church this morning. And of course, every time he is actually admitted to the hospital, it makes him waaay more reluctant (if that is even possible) to seek medical attention the next time.

Sunday is NOT my Sabbath, I'm afraid. I don't know when it really IS. I guess yesterday definitely was, b/c I did N O T H I N G all day. I didn't even shower.
On Sundays, aside from church, my card says:
* allergy shots
* pay newspaper man
* s/s kitchen
* water plants
* wipe out refrigerator
* check grocery list/coupons
* refill meds
* declutter purse
* declutter magazines (end of month)
* check calendars (end of month)
* reprint checklist (end of month)
* do weekly On My Mind list
* Wmart
* enter receipt in online savings catcher

I think that's all. I've done everything except OMM list.
Put away groceries by myself and washed/capped strawberries.
Also talked to dmom on phone.
Talked to ds & ddil on phone.

Probably made ddil mad. She said I didn't, but said she didn't care what I thought about it, she thought dgs could wear seersucker all year long. (She called to brag about an AMAZING sale she had lucked up on, and one of her purchases was a seersucker outfit for dgs. But he will outgrow it by next spring, and I told her it would look funny in cold weather. She said Matlock wore seersucker all year round. :P I decided this wasn't my concern. If people think he looks funny, they'll probably chalk it up to autism anyway. :roll: How do they know if it was ddil's choice or if dgs had a meltdown and refused to wear anything else? Oh well.

(((HUGS))) and prayers for your dd and dsil, LadyM. AND (((YOU)))!!!

BTW, I am terrified of mice, also. I always tried to act sooo brave in front of students, b/c I knew if they ever suspected how much they bothered me, it would be a problem for the rest of my career. Once I put enough mothballs out in my classroom that the principal came to see me about it b/c he said everyone on the hall was complaining about them, LOL!

Waving to ALL!!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:22 pm

I had a great day did get to town h stayed at hone at 9 .a. m. Joanns not open for an hr not a prob. Bc wmart was just up the street so did that 1st instead, then back learned W mart had no gesso so I got that a bone folder thing the last one they had and a mag. Then finally got to use my b day free meal post card for lunch I was a bit early the only one enjoyed that emensly looked at my mag. then to the thrift shop got free bok for my book altering crafting experiment! Then home to unload purchases pick plums, load rocks and headed out to the rock exchange it was way fun. Over did it on deserts sigh.

I did mess up the game was est that I looked at so missed it our team lost sigh baked pizza for dinner had half of the amount I usually eat got back on track with bs.
Walk ddog when I got home.
Got an alert for bs being down a bit. I not understand hot the diff, alerts she gives for low and high. :mrgreen:

Mom news in j & c.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:30 pm

Got the big email out. Off to bed now.

Return to “Post When You Can”