Sabbath Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sabbath Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:09 am

No matter if you are religious or not, the idea of taking a day of rest is very important.

Just as sleep gives your brain time to process what has happened and file away memories, a day of rest gives you time to process all that is happening while conscious. You can think about other things, giving your thoughts a rest from the things you are struggling with, relationships, think through problems that need a solution, or items undone.

For many, me included, Sunday isn't that day, but that doesn't mean you should give up on a Sabbath day. Mine is scheduled into my calendar as from noon on Thursday to noon on Friday. Both the Jewish and Muslim tradition is sunset to sunset. It doesn't have to be on one calendar day.

So I with you all a wonderful day of rest and if this isn't going to be your rest day, I hope you are looking forward to your day of rest coming up through the week.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sabbath Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:10 am

I'm up and showered. Bed is made. A few items into my suitcase.

I still have to dry my hair but was letting it air dry a bit first.

Love my new phone! Was playing with it bit while dh was in his shower.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:56 am

Nice thoughts, Kathryn. I'm up and s2s. That's as far as I've gotten -other than making the bed.

Supposed to be another 85 degree day today.

DS-A and ddil have gone to a Buffalo Bills game with friends. All the family and grandkids and 2 greats were here yesterday. By 8pm I was fizzled out. Most of them were going to the rec hall to listen to the band. I was in there for 2 minutes. It was so very loud I couldn't stand it and came home to rest and relax.

Bought an e-z up yesterday when we went to town for dh to get a chain saw file. It was trick or treat day (we had nearly 200 kids) and was so hot. I saw they had one cover and asked how much it was. Clerk ran it and it came up $85. "Too much", says he. Yep. So he looked to see if it had been on a recent promotion. It had been on sale a few weeks ago for $59. And since it was the only one left and something they really wanted to get rid of -I took it. Came home and dh and dneighbor put it up and there we sat for the next 2 1/2 hours. Always glad when Halloween here is over. We're due for a wet and rainy one as the last few have been unseasonably nice and warm/hot.

Have to get my hair washed and finish getting ready for church.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:02 am

I am up have fed animals my bs is up no surprise bc I got my flu shot yesterday. I need to do a store run, will wait a bit and have a rock trade event this afternoon.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:56 am

Hi!

Dh and I are both in moods today. The kitchen is a mess! Dishwasher has just finished. Now I can start in on the laundry.

It's another extremely hot day here.

BBQ pork chops for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 am

^^^^^^^ This. Here too, Cathy. But better than yesterday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Driving back to the city now. I've had my lunch so will start some writing now.

Service went well. I'm sad I won't be back until the spring. In the winter I won't regret it but now I do!

I think I will go up for their anniversary service next month. It is the weekend I would normally be there working so I don't have any other commitments. I'll see what my Minister Friend says. He may not want me there.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:33 pm

I think part of my mood is that dh will barely lift a finger in the house. He did clean the bathtub this morning. He cooks breakfast on the weekends IF we are here for it.

I think another reason for my mood is that the kitchen is such a mess and he seems to be cranky about it. I have been putting stuff away that we don't need to finish any of the jelly prep. That includes having to wash everything and make sure it's dry. We used every large pot in the house and some that live on top of the fridge out in the garage. We have 3 black canning pots for doing bottles. We replaced 1 rack, but dh tossed the old ones because they had been used for so many years and they were at the point of just looking old and not very safe. I had no idea that new racks were available. One of dh's old stock pots also needs to be replaced. We bought a new one this year, but for whatever reason, he wants to keep the old one even though it looks unsafe. Unsafe meaning you could use it to boil jars that have stuff in them and lids on, but you wouldn't want to cook anything in them.

Washer is beckoning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Haven't visited this SHE board in a while but plan on getting here more often.

Finally getting to feel 'normal' after my week in the hospital the end of June with colitis and C-dif superbug infection and a l-o-n-g s-l-o-w recovery. Med people just nod wisely when I mention that. Evidently recovery take longer when you are in your 70s than it does when you are younger. :lol: :lol: Looking at some surgery before the year is out; the urogynecologist said I wasn't strong enough for that yet. Been concentrating on getting my daily tasks done and daily exercise (swimming, yoga or walking) to build me up. Was very happy when I got 'well' enough to do my own grocery shopping but thank goodness for Instacart home delivery from my fav store while I needed it. Still have a home health care nurse out once a week to monitor me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:59 pm

hi austin granny and all the lovely ladies here!!!

lots of love to you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”