Sabbath Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Sabbath Sunday

Postby Sunny » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Nice thoughts for today, Kathryn. It is good to be reminded of Sabbath time every so often!

Sundays usually are my most restful day. Most weekly chores are done on Friday and Saturday, and Monday begins the weekly schedule again so it all works out best.

The last few days have been busy. Wednesday I had a desk day and paid all the bills for the rest of the month. The one bill I couldn't pay was the home insurance. It had come due the week our power was out so was late by this time. The min. payment now included Sept. and Oct. amount or the total due by May 2018, no option to pay just Sept. So Thursday was errand day...stops at two pharmacys for RX refills, downtown to pay gas bill, groceries at W-M and stop at insurance co. office. Our rep there was very helpful, but even she had to do the transaction by phone through another office so I could pay only one month. She also gave me a phone number to call to report our damage by the hurricane so that it is on record.

Saturday ddil#1 and her dmom, dgds 16 and 20 and dgd16's friend Erin came to visit for a little while. We had asked ds if he could get some boxes for us from his store, so ddil brought them to us. It was nice to see the ladies all again. Ds and both dgsons are away at scout camp this weekend.

Harmony said:
Hi Sunny, see your light on.

Ah, you caught me peeking in...Hi to you Harmony!

Hi AustinGranny; nice to see you here. I'm glad you are feeling better now.

Ok, so now it is lunchtime...have a good day everyone!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:10 pm

I am going to church with d mom tomorrow morning at 8 am. instead of today.

I am out of control at my home... surface: dirty! what happened
Staying home today.
hi d kathryn
hi d dee
hi d nancy
hi d cathy
hi d twins
hi d austin g
hi d sunny

hi d all.

first thing: bible study homework even if the house is full of dog hair and bathrooms need cleaning and floors need washing.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:32 pm

I am home from... ... a different church. Always many insights when you look from a different direction.

So it's interesting to me that we have this title today.

Dd19 was at our church to handle all responsibility we might have had, and probably quite well. Haven't seen her, since she is off to purchase a used IPad after stopping by the house and leaving everything I'd be looking for. She did have time to tell me before I left this a.m. that all she got was laughter when she told folks at rehearsal that I would be at another church today. She's not sure if they thought she was joking, or if it was nervous laughter, like sort of, let's not talk about it.

Hiya, Austin! Long time no see ya'll! :) Keep feeling better.

I must go to my kitchen (said with the inflection of a worried person saying, "I must go to my sick friend". ) It does not look like itself, following quite a bit of plumbing first-aid and musical-cabinetry.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Almost home. Hoping to get corn on the cob from a farm stand but we only know of one and it might not be there on weekends.

Costco was almost record fast and we also picked up gravy from a chicken restaurant so that is made!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:24 pm

And what was our subject for the children's sermon today? "Sabbath" -it was very good btw.

Have a great day everyone. Austin Granny -so good to see you. Do come by more often.

It was 90 in our RV when we got home. Pretty needless to say the AC is on. Bet Ds-A and ddil are absolutely roasting at the Bills game. Don't envy players anywhere in this heat. It was 88 on our car temp gauge on the way home. We went by way of Brockport home and stopped in the newly remodeled A ldi's. Went from there to H arbor F reight and B ig Lots was next door so I went in and browsed. Found a calendar/planner book just like the one dh is using this year. Happened to be the same price I paid at W algreen's this spring. So we're set for next year and I won't have to be searching for the 'right' one.

We're planning to go to the storage unit later, hopefully when it cools a little. Right now it's just too plain hot and I'm sure the bees are abounding.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:46 pm

It's been a long day that started before 5am. Thankfully everything has progressed smoothly, just a lot of things to do while I'm mentally processing DGS23 stuff.

Early this morning we caught a mouse in the bathroom that I normally wash my hair. I am a HUGE wimp when it comes to mice. There was no way I was going to handle the live mouse. I couldn't even make myself go into that bathroom to get the shampoo/conditioner that I use. DH took care of the mouse when he woke up, but that put me 2 hours behind in washing my hair (it takes hours for my hair to dry). I switched some things around and left some things undone, but it all worked out okay. We arrived at the church on time with everyone hair fixed.

I updated the church FB group with today's news and upcoming events. I posted pictures and videos of today's service.

DGS21 arrived at church a little late, but I had a seat saved for him so he was able to slip in easily.

Lunch was at our typical place. We played musical chairs because the place was packed but it all worked out okay. The 11 people that we normally eat with on Sunday was just a little more scattered than normal.

DGS21 begged me to go grocery shopping with him and offered to drive the extra 40 miles in order for me to go with him. I thought it was unnecessary but then I don't think like a 21-year-old does, so what do I know? LOL. I went grocery shopping with him. He analyzed everything and wanted opinions about comparing similar items for almost everything he bought. It was a 2-hour process for him to select about $60 of groceries.

I have about an hour of downtime before leaving for the family gathering at DSis home. I have the instant pot going with the dish that I will be taking. I also have a dessert ready to take.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:37 pm

All laundry that is clean is put away. Just waiting for the last load to finish drying.

Most of the dishes have been dealt with. I have had to put 5 little bowls of apple cider vinegar around the kitchen. We had a lot of teeny tiny flies visiting due to the grape juice. I think if I recall correctly, each dish gets covered in plastic wrap and then a few holes are poked in the plastic wrap. It seems to be working to minimize the flies.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Home from evening meal at DSis home. There were 16 family members attending. DSis is an awesome cook and she makes entertaining look easy. She lives in a 100-year-old home that she has restored. DSis will tackle just about any project.

DSIL has taken off work tomorrow to take DBro to get the port put in. It will be outpatient surgery and he should be sent home by mid-afternoon. DSisIL said she can do this one so I am not going to hospital tomorrow. That will give me time to make some phone calls pertaining to DGS23 and homeschool DS9.....and take care of DGD6 before/after school.

DD & DSIL had an ugly fight last night. I hope they can put the shattered pieces of their 2-week old marriage back together.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Home from dropping dd and family off.

Party was a success. Dgs was as cute as a button and very good for his first formal meal at the table. He sat up with us for about 45 minutes before starting to whine.

He liked his presents. And played peek-a-boo with the tissue paper!

I had a Lynn Johnson book for dd and dsil, about toddlers since they are moving onto the next stage.

I'm exhausted.

I will try to finish my AGM report and get that out tonight. I think my email has the other two reports in it.

I'm struggling to stay awake but my mind is buzzing so sleep won't come easily tonight. I slept very well last night, 7 hours without a bathroom break. Dd's dmil had her second night with her new adjusted CPAP machine and slept 9 hours. She was thrilled. Dsil reports it was the first night in decades that he recalls without her snoring.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Dh & I spent some time emptying some more boxes/bins out of the storage unit after dinner. We waited till it 'cooled' a little bit. Still were sweat monkeys. I have tons of paper down there that was moved from our house in 2009 and since then. I went through one tonight trashing most and shredding some and keeping very little. I'm hoping that's the way all the bins will be. We also took an old quilt from there and washed it. The Auxiliary from our church put a backing on it for us many years ago. The top pattern was done by my Dad's Mom probably somewhere near 100 years ago. It'll keep us warm, I'm sure. But we're not putting it on the bed until Thursday. Know the temp today was about 90 and is supposed to be high 80's at least until then. I think the pattern is "Dresden Plate" maybe. It was made from all sorts of calico and old feed sacks. I have another one in FL that she did and has never had a backing on it. Friend in Bradenton who does quilting gave me a backing material to go with it and was taking it to one of her friends to quilt it for me. Have to get it this winter. This, too, was done by my Grandmother so many years ago. Think I'll give one quilt to dd and the other to our dgd22.

Sounds like you really enjoyed dgs's 1st birthday, Kathryn. Enjoy every one of them, they seem to come faster and faster!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”