Monday Meeting of the Minds

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Monday Meeting of the Minds

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:someone who was running just for the glory and who has no intention of doing any of the work.

If it weren't in Canada, I would think the Chief Troublemaker for the animal org was running. Document every duty he shirks and distribute the info far and wide!

As usual, I am working on the bane of my existence report. Most of it is ok, with a long standing problem fixed. However, the federal receipts column is all NULL, which would be ok in some months, but I am testing in a month that has receipts. The demo column is also NULL, but there were no demos that month. I'll need a different month to test that. Synopsis: 11 columns, 9 good, one completely bogus, and one still needing testing. A definite improvement.

I have definitely heard of glue rather than stitching. Superglue was originally developed for that purpose. DDthen3 had her forehead glued together. It's great for toddlers, because they don't have to sit still long. The pain is also over before they have time to cry. Seriously. The doctor told us this, and I watched her draw in a big "I'm about to scream" breath and then nothing. Years before that, it was used on my mother's dog, who would not stop scratching his ear. By the time the glue wore off, it was healed. I use it on papercuts.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:53 pm

I ate ice cream :x it was not as good as I thought it would be

felt bad as a young man (in his 20's came door to door trying to sell cleaner - $39.00 a bottle wow - he seemed really frustrated that I was kind but said no because it was so expensive. I would have loved to have bought something (he wouldn't take a donation... he just wanted to earn money but I couldn't spend 39.00 on one bottle of window cleaner.

mom came over to drop of dd younger some soup - my fridge is dirty and she was amazed how dirty it was - I had planned on doing that this morning - oh well. I haven't cleaned it in 2 months. :shock:

taking dd younger to dr. at 4:00 as I think she has a strep throat
it looks like it. She had a bad sore throat yesterday and the day before and when I looked in her throat last night she had white spots.
i still have to finish putting away groceries
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:55 pm

I am trying sweet kathryn... lol I feel like I should put my head down on the table (and maybe my whole body if it would fit ;) )
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Progressing along at a good clip.

DS9 and I have been working on dismantling his bedroom for over a week. Because we don't have an entire day to devote to it, we are doing it in steps by removing one furniture type item each day. This has turned into a good pace for us both. It has given DS9 time to decide on a new theme for his bedroom and it has given me time to think of ways to make better use of the space. The reason I decided to totally empty his bedroom is to only allow items in his bedroom that he will take care of. No more toys stacked everywhere. We will start with the basics. Bed and clean clothes. Everything else returned to his bedroom will have to prove itself to not be part of making a mess that he can't keep up with. I have been told that the more ADHD a person is the more they need structure in their life. That certainly has proven to be true with DS9. He is so happy to have a neat bedroom that he really hasn't been concerned about the removal of the toys and stuff. We put those items into temporary storage in the garage. They still have to be dealt with so this bedroom renovation is going to be a month+ process. I keep reminding myself that as long as we keep working on it daily, then we will eventually get it done.

I didn't plan on it when I started the bedroom clean up, but I have decided to hire someone to paint DS9 and DGS6 bedrooms. I like to paint and would normally tackle painting these rooms myself, but I am at my limit of projects for now. I want to get the painting done before we start returning items to the bedroom.

It worked! A lifelong friend had a litter of Mini Aussie's. When they were born, I told her that I wanted to get one of them into DH arms. I thought they would be a perfect dog for DH. DFriend stopped by our home this afternoon on her way back from taking the puppies to their 8-week checkup at the vets. End result...... we now have 3 furkids - everyone has their own dog.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:25 pm

blessedw2 wrote: I feel like I should put my head down on the table (and maybe my whole body if it would fit ;) )

I've had that feeling before. Today I'm just in a cloud, drifting from spot to spot, settling in one spot (the couch) for too long and thinking about drifting off to dreamland.

I did get a load of laundry started, folded ds's laundry and collapsed the Pack-N-Play but I have to wait to put it away in the spare bedroom. The gift bags and ribbon are also waiting for ds to wake up.

I've kept the apartment as quiet as possible so I hope he's slept well. He didn't sleep well yesterday because dgs happy baby noises woke him up.

I'll water the plants. Its an easy chore I can cross off my list. Then maybe find a podcast and wash up the dishes while listening to it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Ack! I have been working on this project all day. I am going to take a deep breath and turn it in online. I feel like I've gone way beyond the actual assignment but there was no way not to do so. :shock: So I kept going. And now I think I should wait a bit to turn it in and proof it again.

-start a veggie for supper - I have chicken thighs thawed
-make the bed
-take out kitchen trash
-clear kitchen counters
-get the mail
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Glad I did a few things last evening before bed and this morning, this afternoon feeling under the weather not getting to far from the bathroom. Hope it is over soon.
Not working so that is the good news.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:57 pm

oops, was only thinking of card like membership card to attend club or meeting but blessed saw the double meaning as in - are my cards (cardfile) in order!

Very good report from dd on how the regular Ad vil by day is helping. I can't take the stuff - I'm glad it got her to afternoon class.

Dee, I probably never said! My posts were spotty. A heavy campus door went over her foot, sort of tearing/cutting, and pulled the big toe nail back and up. They believe the nail will not be lost because even though the bleeding was pretty impressive and never fully stopped until triage nurse, the root area (I have no idea what dr called it) stayed intact. But the way the tear went under/around the nail was not a wise choice for stitches and glue idea was best.

edit - the word is the eponychium - the rear base of a fingernail or toenail that, if damaged, probably means you lose the nail.

I have given her the Serious Shoes Speech, but in fairness this was in her own dorm building, and the very flimsiest of footwear is normal wear there. Still, the doors are the same as for the large educational buildings. Just one of those couldn't-happen-again things that happen.

While ya'll were chatting about whether you should lie down, I napped. I wasn't in a gray area about it at all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Two waves of people dropped by. Thankfully the house looks okay except for the dresser sitting in the middle of the room. I am in process of moving that dresser to the garage but need DH help with taking it through the last doorway. So....there it sits in the middle of the room. One of the visitors actually leaned on the dresser while we were chatting. Everyone else just walked around it as if it perfectly normal to have a dresser sitting in the middle of the room. Doesn't everyone? :roll:

Puppy stuff needed list is started. Puppy food. Small collar. Chew toy. What else?

I have over 8k steps without any exercise today. 99% of those steps were done inside the house while cleaning. It is easier to monitor DS9 doing his homeschool lessons if I don't hover but stay on the move.

I wish I could nap. One of my worst health habits is sleeping (or lack of it). Having a full supply of energy has its downsides. I don't want to sleep.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm completely stressed.

I watched the final episode of the last series of Sherlock and it was way, way, too intense for me.

I'm sitting here aching from being so tensed up for 90 minutes.

We ate dinner late but that was ok because I ate lunch at 3. Ds got up just about when dinner was ready but was going out with NotTheGirlfriend so passed on my food. He'll be back here in the middle of the night (he has 2 nights off but is trying not to switch to normal day/night sleep patterns) because his apartment is not habitable. He knows to keep quiet so it will be fine. Even if his windows are in, he can't put much back because of the patch and painting work so he'll be based out of here for a few days at least.

I'm making some decaf tea to settle my nerves.

Return to “Post When You Can”