Monday Meeting of the Minds

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday Meeting of the Minds

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:43 pm

My nerves are settling down. The kitchen is half cleaned up. The email is sent. I'll finish the cleanup and go to bed.

I've also backed up the photos to my old external drive. It had everything to 2013 so it only took 40 minutes to add the photos from then to August 31. So now there are two locations of all photos. The September ones are still on the camera so that's the backup for those if my computer goes down.

It feels like things are breaking all the time here. The deep fryer died in the middle of making the fries for dinner (I finished them off in the toaster oven and they were fine.) The electronics buttons were getting less and less reliable but today the element just stopped heating while we were cooking. I note the new ones of the same model don't have push button electronics but old fashioned dials.

That we got 8 years out of this one is probably a miracle so I am buying another of the same model. Unfortunately, another change is the basket handle doesn't flip over so it will need much more storage room than the old one (unless the old one fits the new fryer!) This is an appliance that is out on our appliance cart so the extra 6" is a big deal, it would stick into the room where we walk all the time so we'll have to find a new storage spot for it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday Meeting of the Minds

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:07 pm

I watched robert redford movie w jlo in it this evening. Feeling better now. H is fixing his lunch now.

Return to “Post When You Can”