Together Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Together Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:22 pm

I had a great walk with M and R uby. Too far - about 2.5 miles with hills - for dMuffin to walk. It is still hot and humid here - temp about 72 but it was sweating like the dickens. I've cooled off and had lunch and need to s2s next.

I'm making eggplant parm for supper tonight, will need to get ingredients while I'm out.

I'm feeling kind of stunned about the comment from the class mentor about the assignment one member of the group turned in. And the assignment, altho it kind of kind of fulfills the requirements it's not very professional or detailed as far as analysis. And her citations are copied and pasted from Ancestry. Although the assignment didn't say explicitly to cite sources in EE format, that should be understood with a professional genealogy study group.

I have decided to go ahead and send in my application to "start the clock" toward professional certification. :shock:

-s2s
-make the bed
-refill meds/vitamin boxes
-start a lol
-head out for errands
-----grocery
-----post office
-----get propane for grill
-----vet for meds
-----cleaners for dh
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Got up pretty late this morning -8:41. Had to hustle to get in all my morning routine, breakfast and be out of here by 9:45 for rehab. Only have about 5 weeks left of rehab. Have a conversation scheduled this Friday with the gal who started me. Think mainly to discuss diet, where I'm at and what I can do in the future.

I've been scanning some info on diabetes 2 and weight loss. Trying to study and want to make it a priority nearly every day. I know that even better BS control will follow any weight loss.

I was awake last night from about 2am - 4am. Finally read for a few minutes and fell asleep. Woke up about 6 when dh got up. Did a potty break and went back into bed and next time I saw the clock it was :shock: .

Still quite warm/hot outside. I'm plugging away at boxes we brought down from the storage unit. Find I'm keeping very little and most is either tossed or shredded. When I get this bunch done I'll have dh bring me another 3 or 4 boxes/bins. Would like to get a lot of done before we head south.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Got word back from the vet. The good news is that I don't have to take Tiki for a steroid shot as the meds are helping. The bad news is that she should be on prescription kd, as opposed to the prescription dd needed by Briggs. Life just got complicated. The doctor would like to have, eventually, an ultrasound of her kidneys to see what their status is. Shrunken = bad prognosis. Still eating = good prognosis for a while. Weight loss of 1/3 of body weight is not good at all, but she is not at death's door. In fact, yesterday, I saw her RUN and jump onto a fairly high piece of furniture. I may not do the ultrasound, because regardless of the actual size of her kidneys, she is a 17 yo cat with kidney disease. The vet figured I had already done fluids for one of the many through my house, but I consider that prolonging the inevitable in the situation of feline age related kidney deterioration. Other people in the org have done it, but that is where I draw a line. (No, that does NOT make me popular). She does not need it yet.

The way I will handle the diet is to have 24/7 access to the dd for everyone, but allow Tiki time alone with kd. I don't want to separate her completely, because I want her remaining time to be enjoyed.

So, tonight, I have additional chores: pick up cat meds and canned kd (have dry left from Cleo). And I can now arrange the car recall repair.

My brain is getting full so I need to make a list for the evening. Thank goodness payday is Friday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Elizabeth - here are a couple pictures of the new puppy. You can see the puppy's mom size in one of the pictures. She is about 1/2 way to the knee so about a foot tall. The puppy is just a bundle of soft fur right now. He has one blue eye and one green eye.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Kathryn!! I got it - Pierre and Justin Trudeau. Are you or aren't you a fan? I'm thinking maybe not too?

Two weeks from today we will leave for AZ. I am anxious as is Mr. Guy. His surgery set us back 2 weeks. That's OK. I want it to be really cooled off when we get there. Have much planned to do - house washing (which is a MUST with the storms that plow through there leaving everything dusty and dirty) and carpet cleaning the day after we get there. Other smaller things to be done.
Rosie and Sweetie we will be there soon. Time for a dinner out together at one of the faves.

Hope all is well with everyone. Saw my friend from other board Austin Granny the other day. AG and Pandy please come visit often. :D

Darling little Aussie Lady M. I didn't know there were minis. :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Finally getting here. I think I read some of yesterday's but got interrupted and never got back.

Great gobs of time just spent setting up another account to get an email. Good grief. I KNOW there is a way for things to be made easy. step 1. step 2. etc. I had such a time just getting into the durn account that I thought email should be set up separately and I did that, then realized I had 2 accounts now and couldn't get into either of them. Then I realized their program had changed users and I had one account set up under DH's which I had to delete. He's going to be surprised that he no longer has his account. sigh..... 1 step forward 3 back.

Harriet, I'm not squeamish about things but when I read the description of DD's toe I had to leave the computer and go to other room. Even now when I think of it I shudder. I hope it's not too painful. I've had similar happen with fingernails but never that bad.

Had hoped to get to bank and store, but DH is pulling up so that may not happen.

I better get busy. Lost so much time in this computer.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Norma: I would say I'm not a fan of either. Junior is not the mental heavy-weight his father was. But both are/were very impressive people. And I'm not ashamed of Junior or his father as our representative to the world even though I don't agree with their political views in many, many, cases.

Currently Junior is busy rewriting the tax code because business people are keeping an 'unfair' amount of their income by following the rules. Very similar to Obama's comments to business people "You didn't build that", Justin feels that those business people who do succeed are somehow cheating by paying less tax than employees, most often through tax splitting with spouses who also work for the business. For example, me.

Since Canadians are taxed on our own income not on family income, if I earn $4k per year and dh earns $100K, the family will pay $30K roughly, in taxes. If we share income, the family will pay less than $25K in taxes. All those years dh was salaried, he worked long hours and could travel from Saturday night to Friday night (back then his employer required he stay over a Saturday to get cheaper airfare) because I handled all the childcare and household tasks, repairs, lawn care, car care, money management and all dh had to do was work. Other executives may have a personal assistant or executive assistant. One of my sisters-in-law does similar work for her C-level boss in one of Canada's largest companies. Literally, arranging his personal and business life so he can focus on work. If she was married to him, she would not be able to draw a salary for doing the work she does but it is much of the work an at-home mother does. Legally, I was not allowed to be paid for these tasks, including childcare, even though other people paid me to take care of their children and I paid taxes on the money others paid me.

Once we started our own business and I was an equal owner, suddenly I was paying taxes and into the pension plan. So, should dh and I divorce, I'll have some retirement income (about $300 per month) in my old age. Finally, I was being paid for all the work I did since when it is a home-based business, and my time cleaning the office, arranging dh's flights, doing the bookkeeping, paying the bills were suddenly things he could pay me for.

But that, according to Justin, is a sign that we are dodging taxes and my contribution to the business should not count.

Small business people also can't draw Employment Insurance, so if the business goes under, there's no safety net. EI also is disability insurance but we can't draw on that either, so if dh is injured and can't work, that's the end of our income, no safety net.

Those downsides are the flip side to us not paying as much tax. But Justin doesn't see it that way. We are being portrayed as the equivalent to tax cheats, even though all we've done is follow the tax law. So he's changing the tax laws.

So, no, I'm not a fan of Junior.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Two loads of laundry are done. I've had my lunch. I'm going to do some stretches now as my back is very sore. My computer is not at a good angle now that the external monitor doesn't work and I'm feeling it.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:51 pm

I got it Kathryn!

Dh and I are not fans. He is NOT his father. Things could be a lot worse, though. Dh and I try very hard to not talk about politics of any country.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Stretches are done. Back is a bit less sore right now. I'm having tea now to perk me up (it was tempting to just stay on the floor and nap!)

Return to “Post When You Can”