Together Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Together Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 pm

A quick hi before heading out again. I had a nice time at bible study and got out at 11:30
did my moms and dd youngers medical paperwork, did bills.. all done (still needs filing)

well done on laundry d kathryn

hi d cathy

hi d harriet

hi d harmony yay on working on the other account

hi d norma

hi d lady

hi d elizabeth praying for kitty

hi d dee

hi d twins glad you had a nice walk

hi d everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 pm

heading out - have a great evening.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Did my walk ex. Bike time in, went to knitting group. Lunch is over. Payroll in a bit.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:34 pm

Dee...I don't know if you are on FB, but the group where MT lost her 85lbs and down all her mess is Type 2 Diabetic rebels. It is a closed group but your request will get you in.

They are a very strict, no nonsense loving supportive group with tons and tons of research behind them. Mt is very active there under her name jerri.

The group believes in 20 carb diet with morning BS check in. They welcome newcomers and answer any and all questions asked. I don't follow their complete way of eating, but join the group in hopes of managing my migraines by eating less sugar.

Those that follow and participate within the group have lower their A1C from around 14-15 to the 5-6 range with some even down to 4s. Many have either reduced their amounts of mess or in some cases control their diabetic with diet.

They are quite a remarkable group. Many of their des disagreed with their WOE until the des saw their personal results. The people in the group are no nonsense when it comes to eating, but their results speak the truth.

I'm sure if you IM'd MT she would be more than happy to tell you more... She looks quite remarkable btw.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Home from WW. DH lost 2 lbs but I gained .8 lb. I expected it. I am not logging and am eating out several times a week. For me, that is a recipe for disaster. I need to quit allowing myself to use excuses.

I have been thinking of starting an IRL accountability group. I am unsure how to proceed. Starting it would be easy. Keeping it organized and on track would be the challenge.

We are making progress with getting DGS23 into in-house rehab place. We visited with Intake Coordinator today and received all the requirements and information. The fee is several $$$$ more than we expected but we are going to hold our noses and proceed. I truly believe this is DGS23 last chance. If this doesn't work, then he very well could live on the streets or in jail the rest of his life. ANYway, they will accept him into the program if he gets all the prerequisites done. First thing is 4 medical tests that DGS23 has to have/pass before they will accept him. HIV, TB, Hepatitis (A&B) and STD test. He also has to get Tetanus Shot. DGS23 has no health insurance. I don't know how that works now. Does he (we) have to pay for the medical tests AND the penalty for him not having insurance? I guess that is just one of the details we will have to find out. Hopefully tomorrow we can get these things accomplished and then move on to the next group of requirements.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:46 pm

I had a good talk with a member of the irl knitting group today. She is doing well with her type 2 diet controlled now. Could not take the meds. But she will not be there as much in the winter.

I did ok with my eating but could have done better oops for got meal meds. Gotta go do that.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 pm

If you are friends with me on FB, you will notice that I finally got around to changing my last name today! (mumbles something about procrastination.... license sticker was for 2 years, etc...) I will keep my same user name here. I actually just added W's last name on to my full name. Somewhat southern, but no hyphen. ; ) Now my full name is 25 letters long... ugh. I hadn't ever practiced my new signature and the lady at licensing handed me the paper and said to sign my new name. Um...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Time to head to bed.

The prep for the meeting went smoothly, the meeting went smoothly (no coup attempt) and I had a lovely visit with folks after.

Then dh and I went for a walk. On the way out, a resident on his way home from work and handed us money for his membership renewal. He never comes to anything but likes that we run stuff in the building and thinks we are a great couple.

We walked to the bank machine and I got the deposit done (woot! it has been on my to-do list for 6 days) and talked with the super when we got back. We haven't visited with him for ages so it was good to catch up.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:30 pm

Hello! Apparently I never posted yesterday at all. Getting my act together is still quite an undertaking around here.

Today, dh and I voted, he got his blood work at the hospital, and we went to Next Town so we could shop at P ublix and get low-sodium meats & cheese for him to eat this weekend. And of course, fruit, and the (melba?) toast they have that he likes. And some unsalted cashews.
And we ate at Chick-Fil-A… filled up the car and got a free car wash w/purchase.
Then we came home and took a nap!

I really didn’t plan to do much else today, but after supper, I s/s the kitchen and went out and walked a mile. Then I started the laundry. So it has been a fairly productive day after all.

Tomorrow, I have a half-dozen DPCs to make and dgd will be underfoot all day… but I’ve got to get this stuff done. AT&T wants to change my internet service and I MUST call them before Oct. 1, they say… one of dh’s supplements was returned MONTHS ago, with the promise of refunding my credit card, which has not happened yet… I need to activate our teacher association cards (although we never use them, LOL)… and I need to make two doctor’s appts for myself! (Dermatologist & ob-gyn. Ugh.) PLUS have to send email to friend who took notes at teacher luncheon this month, which I didn’t even know I was missing – but couldn’t have attended anyway b/c dh was in hospital. * Whew *

IKWYM, Twins, feeling like you’ve “finally come up for air.” After last week in the hospital, and most of the two weeks prior with dh feeling like (and acting like) cr*p… yes… I’m finally beginning to breathe again, too.

So glad LordM has his own puppy now. And I am so in awe of your latest efforts with dgs, LadyM! He is sooo blessed to have you two in his corner. I will be praying this program is the answer to all his troubles.

WTG to your menfolk, Harriet! And (((BIG HUGS))) to dd19. I just cringed all over when you described her toe injury! Oooohhhh… I hope it’s not troubling her too much now. It has to be painful.

WAVING FRANTICALLY TO
Kathryn
Cathy
Nancy
Elizabeth
Dee
Norma
Harmony
Blessed
Rose

AND
Lilac who is peeping in just now, too!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:41 am

Dh returned from his trip yesterday. One of the nights he was wearing flip flops and went to the bathroom. On the way back he tripped and hurt his big toe. He also has a place close to his right eye that looks ruffed up from the fall. Of course, it would be on his right foot which he broke 1 1/2 years ago. He limps some and I would like him to have it xrayed, but he says it will be fine. I tried scaring him by saying that he would regret not listening to me, when the foot has to be amputated. That didn't faze him............

It never fails, when I try to go to bed at a decent time, my BS always is too low, so I have to stay up and have a snack.

From Saturday night through yesterday morning, we received over 2 1/2" of rain. I wasn't thinking and forgot to turn off the sprinkler, so the lawn also was watered yesterday. Anyway, the grass took off and I need to mow tomorrow.

Yesterday I had the house looking great and all the fall decor out, when dh got home. I am trying very hard to put stuff away instead of leaving it wherever. I am the messy person in this household. Dh keeps his bathroom in good shape, so I just need to clean the toilet and sink, plus mop the floor. He puts his clothes in his hamper. Any glasses or dishes that he uses, he rinses and stacks them. He doesn't leave a trail like I do. I am trying to break that habit because it's the stuff sitting around that makes cleaning such an ordeal.

I'm going try to get to bed, again...........

Return to “Post When You Can”