WEDNESDAY WHIZ

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: WEDNESDAY WHIZ

Postby CathyS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Our stitching group (9 of us, there were a few missing) went out for lunch. I told dh that I was still too full to eat supper because he wanted to eat a cold pasta salad and I had serious misgivings about it. Part of that was that dh left it out overnight after he had a midnight snack. Gross. I won't eat food that has been left out like that. He has left mayo out for hours in the heat as well. I think he has an iron stomach or something.

I am hungry, but never hungry enough to eat what I feel is unsafe.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Today I did a big trash-and-recyclables push first thing this morning, going around the house, and got 2 additional tall kitchen bags of trash. Got all out to the cans with plenty of time.

Accomplished some Desk Day, which also generated a letter after the mail, so I did mini-errands just close, to bank and P.O. Bought my usual request of "do you have anything besides regular" stamps - the Mexican food ones which were the only ones they had left at this desk!!! lol! Oh, I take it back, he had the JackOLanterns, which didn't quite suit all my purposes! I figure Mexican food suits anything. I don't usually buy in person any more, but it happened to be convenient today. Does remind me though, that purchasing online sure is more fun.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Gee, did I post and then everybody left? Maybe everyone was just really serious about supper tonight?

I got to thinking about stamps and ordered some - Thoreau, pollinators and the Dutch/Flemish florals.

Our supper was simple marinara spaghetti with salad. Evening dailies done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:03 pm

The productivity fairy didn't come here today.

I napped in the afternoon, but not for too long. While I was still dozing a HUGE storm blew through and the noisy of the building and things banging on balconies got me up to check on our balcony. After I got up from my nap, I went out and tidied it up. Damage was minimal because of the work I had done yesterday, cleaning up after working on Pierre.

One plant was blown out of its outer container. I found the pot one in front of the dining room door, the plant in front of the kitchen door and after tossing it in the garbage and trimming off damaged flowers it occurred to me I had not found the soil from the plant. That was under a chair against the railing. Yet the outer pot was still on the top shelf, above the railing, on the plant stand.

Trees are down all over the area but close to us it was just branches. We changed our usual Wednesday walking club route to look around more.

Two windows in the apartment leaked (kitchen and office) and so towels had to be used to catch those drips. Management has been notified. This is the first time those windows have leaked, although all our big storms have been east winds this year, and these are to the west.

We delivered some stuff for the RA and had a quick dinner before walking club. Since then, I've done nothing but drink water.

The heat wave has broken. It is still humid but the heat is gone and there are high winds which help as well. Low tonight is 50 so the windows are open as much as we dare (and not on the west side because the wind is too strong) and the apartment is finally airing out after being shut up for two weeks.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:57 pm

I bought a laminator today do any of you have / use one.

I picked h up from work we got the truck and grabbed a sandwich while we were over town. The car is done & I will take him to work again in the morning he can drive the car home. I will be able to avoid rush hr. Traffic and sunset glare, and take the dog to the park, do the rock drop, and maybe find a few rocks to paint.

Return to “Post When You Can”