WEDNESDAY WHIZ

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: WEDNESDAY WHIZ

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Errands run except the last one. I ran out of time since dh needed the car.

Dgs was delighted to see me and I had lots of snuggles from him. I had another nice visit with his Nonna as I took her back to the airport.

Then I did the banking and dollar store.

This morning I made a pen pocket for my bullet journal. Went with the simple, no-sew option of cutting a pocket off and old pair of jeans, putting velcro on the back and the opposite velcro on the inside cover. I'll try this for a month and see how it works. I picked up more stick on velcro so I can experiment and also transfer the pocket to my new journal next month.

Bought fly swatters and am about to test them out. Since putting up the fly paper, I've only heard 1 fly a day. I don't like it but can live with it. Today, we have 6. Soon to be 0.

Dee: I also cannot NOT make my bed. That's a habit I didn't have when I first started posting in 1998 but it was the first daily I worked on. Flylady's preaching that we wouldn't be as tempted to go back to bed if it was already made (plus having shoes to have to take off) convinced me to try that habit. For a long while, my bedroom was the only tidy place in the house most days since once I started making the bed, and it looked neat, I started to hang up or put in the hamper the clothes lying on the furniture and floor. Sort of like the shiny sink theory, except for the bedroom.

I still make the bed daily, including while traveling, including on the ship, where I have a cabin steward who remakes it daily. I figure if I didn't do that, I'd lose that hard fought-for habit.

Funnily enough, when I'm sick, it upsets me that I haven't made the bed. Even though I'm still in it!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:12 pm

((Elizabeth)) I've never had an athsmatic pet struggling with an attack - must be scary.
Darlin' (said in southern sweet-lady voice), have you not cut that friend loose yet? I know it's hard, but it's not like it's in the past, or there's a chance to move on. It's a future situation with no foreseeable end as you struggle with her favoritism toward the other side in your divorcehood. Her weird insistence on asking YOU to include the other couple in your social life and invitations, even when you've told her it's uncomfortable, would make no sense to anyone. I've mentioned before that I've seen this once - on a tv comedy.

Twins' - wow just so proud of you for decision. You will be a great one. I can imagine it is bewildering to you to see shortcuts others may take through websites instead of doing the work.

Lilac, when you mention compounding, I guess you mean BHRT bioidentical, which is safe as a general rule, as long as monitored by a careful dr. My prescriptions are for a skin patch for estrogen and a compounded bioidentical capsule of progesterone, both small dosing reduced once since coming under the care of that office, and eventually to be reduced further. My dr doesn't prescribe estrogen through the digestive system, to avoid side effects. Also prescribes for me Armour Thyroid tablets. (Ob-Gyn office)

the 2nd time an employee of a company quit and locked up his computer.

Harmony, this happened to me at our church denomination headquarters! Nobody could understand what I was talking about until another lady managed to get into that computer and realized I'd had a series of emails with the previous employee and was going on that info.

Dd had the bandage removed and the wound "aired" and inspected, and then rebandaged. (This is at the college - not urgent care or anything.) She said that since she was prepared for gore, she was pleasantly surprised to see some healing. She wasn't scared of the bruising, because the ER dr had made her repeat after him, "My foot is going to be purple and it's not going to scare me". :)

Sorry my description was graphic! HRH feels the same way! When we talk about it, he swears the hairs on his back stand up.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:36 pm

I have proposed a sort of solution to the bane report. Part of it is a real change, requiring yet more query modifications. The rest is just a statement at the bottom of the report explaining the difference between the bane calculations and the online system calculations. The online system reports available inventory. If an item is in-transit or in a clients online shopping cart, that item is not available for another client. The bane reports only on items that have actually been put into the hands of clients, and shows in-transit and pending items. Because there are generally 1000+ items in transit, the difference is obvious. A warning explaining it may result in more happiness.

I re-emailed the xBFF and it turns out that (typical of me), I was taking something personally that wasn't. She thought she had already replied. In answer to Harriet's very wise suggestion of cutting her off, I have to a large extent. I see her only at parties, either huge gatherings with plenty of other people to talk with or gatherings at her house in honor of mutual friends. To skip the latter would not be nice to the mutual friends. If I cut her off completely, it is likely I would lose more friends over it. (Question to self: are those people worth it?) If I can deal with the x and the other woman, I can deal with her a few times a year. My mom invited her to Mardi Gras without being aware of the growing problem, but that's HER party not mine. I am also working on a larger circle of friends that don't overlap, through church, the animal org, work, and sewing.

The xBFF usually suggests I include the x and the other woman after drinking. She is a much nicer person prior to imbibing, and she can drink a lot. After, she wants to argue religion with me and make suggestions on improving my life, generally by adding romance. (Romance has all the appeal to me of a plate of worms. Yes, you can make a meal of worms, but the thought of it produces profound distaste and turns my stomach. Exactly the same as thinking of romantic involvement. At least the worms, once eaten, are GONE rather than plaguing you for the rest of your life.)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Lilac, I agree with your take on the Dr. and his daughter situation. About the Rx, I'm surprised a urologist would subscribe that. Usually they expect your general or Gyn. to do so.

Elizabeth, I also agree with what Harriet said about XBF. Couldn't you find a way to meet with your other friends other times or in other ways to keep those relationships without involving the XBF? It might be time to move on... Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday.

Big involved statement done and paid, just got it to the mail box in time for pickup.

Helped with the painting 2 more times. Gnarly project; paint sprayer insists on dripping a bit. Dark, very bright raspberry red paint. :evil:

Harriet, I'm surprised an employee of a church would lock her computer. I guess there are disgruntled employees everywhere. With our situation, I'm not sure who was at fault, the company or the employee. I do know he was doing 2 different jobs and in the beginning of our using them, it was all messed up and he had trouble keeping up. Maybe he just had enough. Hmmmm wonder how one actually locks up a computer... sets a password I guess...... no don't get that annoyed; what hurts the "boss" here hurts the secretary too.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:21 pm

I am home again after a massage and getting groceries. Ran into a friend at the grocery and talked to her awhile - don't see her much because she doesn't come much anymore, as a protest against the live streaming of our services. She is extremely conscious of privacy, a little nutso on the subject actually. I was the president who put the cameras by the way, but she didn't take it against me.

I've been writing again on the subject of an ancestor who submitted a claim for reimbursement of supplies that were taken by the Union army. Fascinating, but I need to transcribe the whole document to really understand it.

I'm having lunch of cannellini beans tossed with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yum!

I'm giving myself until 4:30 to write, then need to do some clean up here. We'll have pizza tonight - and I have the tai chi class at 7 p.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:23 pm

I realized a while ago that I hadn't been here today. That means I haven't taken a break today because this is where I go when I take a break. It has been that kinda day. Good but constantly busy. Just normal stuff plus several extra things.
** DBro medical tests (texting with him and multiple phone calls from tearful DMom)
** trying to find DGS23. He has went MIA. grrrrrr.................
** I made/baked a casserole and delivered it to the church by 11:30am to be delivered for funeral meal. Strange funeral because of the family. Maybe I shouldn't say strange. How about "unique"? Does that sound better? The deceased and his family were different religions. The family beliefs apparently excluded having the funeral at the church the deceased attended (ours). But it also excluded the deceased from having his funeral at their church. So they went with a neutral spot. The family doesn't like our church and doesn't want us to attend/participate in the funeral......but they did ask that we provide them with the noon meal before the funeral. O.K.A.Y.
** I made deviled eggs and an apple pie for tonights' meal with our church family. We don't exclude anyone for any reason. Everyone is invited to eat and attend our church. Even if you don't like us. And your family doesn't have to invite us to your funeral either. We will still feed you...and them. >>>>yes, I'm being snarky....shame on me.<<<<<<

I have 15 minutes before leaving to pick up DGD6 from school and then going to cook for church family (lasagna & garlic bread). DS9 still has 3 papers to finish from today's homeschool assignments so he will be taking them with him to finish while we are cooking.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:41 pm

I was a whiz at errands this morning. I am so glad I got progress on the kitchen counters last nite and made progress early. I headed out w h. To work and did an errand walIed ddpg at the park. Brought the jeep home, will go pick him up in a while and we will get the truck from the shop and he will replace broken part on rhe car and we will have 3 running rigs yea.
Laundry day here. Edited to add ...And a bonus I filled the hens water & swept the entrances in front and side plus swept the carport.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Just got back from a very unproductive meeting. We started out discussing useful things then degenerated into goofing off. Fairies did not finish the bane report in my absence either. My idea for getting things to work has been forwarded to the appropriate people.

On computer locking: state employee computers lock if we are away from them longer than 15 minutes. My home computer does too. In a large company, IT will have its own way in. My church had a big problem when our previous webmistress died. We were locked out of a number of things, but there was no malicious intent.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:13 pm

I started working on the feedback for the others in the Pro Gen group. I got through two of them this afternoon, five to go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:04 pm

So excited. I got a great report on the assignment from the group mentor. (She reviewed via private email.)

She said "This is a great report! Your analysis is spot on, clearly written, and well correlated. (I wrote "great" next to several paragraphs of analysis."

Some small errors in evaluated evidence as direct or indirect.

I can do this!

Return to “Post When You Can”