Thursday Ta-DA!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Thursday Ta-DA!

Postby CathyS » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:50 am

Hi!

I made the bed this morning!

I also decided to "eat the frog" and I had a small container of orange juice with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in it. I have heard that it helps with arthritic knuckles in fingers.

I need to go pay a bill at the bank today.

Also, and very importantly... I ABSOLUTELY MUST pick up cat treats today. Or else. Missy has spoken. LOL!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:53 am

Hi everyone. My terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day is becoming my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week. I have two roof leaks. One is better, so my caulking helped but was not a complete fix. The other one, I ran out of daylight and didn't get to. Guess I need to re-add it to the ever growing list of chores. Because I do not have cable ethernet or wifi, just a cellphone hotspot, the tuneup to my computer cannot be done over the internet. So, the computer is in the shop and won't return until Tuesday. With these things, the cats, the continuing brokeness, etc, etc, etc, my life is a completely utterly sucky wreck right now. And will remain so for the foreseeable future. At least I got all my checkbook info into hardcopy first.

I did get everything on my list done last night. The free cooking with ramen class at the library was fun and had the added bonus of feeding me dinner. I picked up the prescription canned food for Tiki and got the computer to the shop. That's it, other than daily stuff. Tonight is Girls' Night Out (maybe in, depends on homework). Then, the focus will be on party cleanup. There is not a large enough block of time for sewing. I have DD15 all weekend, so I can do roofwork. Weekend focus must be yard and roof, including swamp cooler switch over, with side forays into sewing.

Today I have two DPCs: the vet and the car repair place. Fortunately, the latter is part of a recall and will not cost me $$$. And of course, the bane report.

My ToDo lists BECOME TaDa lists, because I use highlighter to mark off what is done.

CathyS was wise not to eat that pasta. I am still having after effects from a piece of chicken eaten four days ago.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:26 am

Ta-da - Bedroom tidied up, bed made.

Ta-da - s2s, tie up ones today since it is cool enough to wear shoes instead of sandals.

Also organised my stickers in my bullet journal supply box. I cut up address labels with pretty illustrations, the ones that come free from charities. One in particular, I tend to not use as an address label since it says Mr. Kathryn in Canada. I'm not allowed to touch the ones with dh's name though, only one charity sends any for him. The rest are variations of my name (correct and wrong!)

Anyway I won't count that as a ta-da since it was a distraction.

Kitchen is my next focus.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:36 am

bravo to all TA-DA's Thursday players

i have to drive dd younger downtown today for her photo class
I told her I could do this today as it is dangerous to have a young woman alone on the streets of downtown at 9 pm (when her class gets out)

dishes washed or washing themselves
tarte in oven (apple)
sink and counters cleaned
dd older brought over pears from her works farm - lovely
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:43 am

Twins' what does that mean you'll be doing Friday evening?

Elizabeth - so sorry about the NGVB week. Things change!
Oh - I get it about friend changing subjects when drinking. So many people have no idea how different they are. Joe Namath famously said that he never believed any of his friends who tried to tell him, until he saw himself in a video.

The well guy is going to come out and check our pump and make sure it's cutting on and off as it should, just to make sure our water problems are okay now.

He wanted to know the date of installation so he could look our pump up later (he's under somebody's house right now). I was able to search "well pump new" with my handle here on our site and go right to it, even tell him the day of the week. :idea: That was very helpful. Also fun to see other things that were happening at our house that day (it was the day I gave HRH the walking stick made from a tree on the island in Scotland his family's from. He loves that thing.

TaDa:
of 3 how-to questions needing answers by email...
1) requires a code (too bad, Harriet can't do it)
2) requires a password (too bad, Harriet can't do it)
3) requires 2 codes (too bad, Harriet can't do it)
See how easy that is? Printed out and ready to hand off to somebody else. Practicing my best shoulder shrug.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 pm

:D d harriet
have a wonderful afternoon everyone (sorry I haven't been able to say hi to you individually but I am thinking of you!!!

front hall put away done
front hall vacuumed

heading out soon - first shower and get appropriate cloths together
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:59 pm

<SIGH> THNGVB stuff continues. My proposed fix for the bane report would also have to be implemented over all. It may be something I should have done from the beginning.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Went and caught up with someone that I have been trying to track down for a while. I owed her $10. and I wanted it OFF my mind. So that is done. Yay!!

Paid a bill at the bank. Good thing.

Brought in 2 recycling boxes from the end of the driveway. Good!

Um... didn't get Missy her treats. Oops!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Hello everyone. Ta-Da I've finished out the month and the quarter except for one last thing. Where did this month go? With all the storm work, time seemed to just fly away. I always leave the mileage log till last, just because it isn't all that important, as long as I get it done. Our odometer hasn't worked in years and years (almost 10) and I always have a lot of mileage I have to look up online and put in the log, add it up, and reimburse myself for those miles. Some months I do a lot of running around, others not so much.

I have to make a trip to other end of county to a store I really really dislike. They traditionally keep low stock on usual things and charge way more than normal for shipping to get them in. I asked DH why he went there since we know their practices and he said he forgot they were so expensive and difficult.

And this place has a lot of "messages" on their sign outside which should mean they are an extraordinarily nice and fair company. I particularly don't like that about them. One's character is shown not by what one says but by what one does.

LadyM, your church has a lot of "character" by feeding people who don't particularly like you.

(Elizabeth)

I finished my pedicure. Not that I wear sandals very often, flip flops to the beach, but nice to look down on. Ingrown toe nails all fixed for another month. My pedicures are hard to do, long to do, and painful to do. Harriet, how is DD?

Ok, gotta get on the road.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:43 pm

yay on making the bed cathy!

I need to get my act together
went to bank and got cash for downtown - d mom is coming with
had soup for lunch

dh is being a bit d cheap dh - He owed me 40$ and then proceeded to tell me he paid for different things that he thought I should pay for and never asked for it. mmmmm I told him to forget it. dd younger was surprised I let him get away with it. The man has his own money. We have worked it out that he gets 1/2 and I get half... I pay certain things and he pays certain things but when he feels that they overlap he gets very cheap. ;) :P

Return to “Post When You Can”