Thursday Ta-DA!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thursday Ta-DA!

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:08 pm

My Ta-Da: I just went for a 50-minute walk. Unheard of for me. Now Kathryn....that's another story. It's quite windy out but I was able just to wear a sweatshirt/jacket and I kept warm enough -this after 4 in a row 90-degree days.

Have to still do the LOL, but there's someone down there right now so will wait for about another 1/2 hour. Then I should be good. Lots of people are getting things ready to pull out I'm thinking.

Dh is mowing lawns right now. Probably won't have to do that much more this year unless we get an unusual growing spurt in October. Think I'll run a drink down to him shortly.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Got some good news about the reports. When I sent the email about the long list of reports that would need to be changed based on the difference between DateReceived and DateCompleted, my coworker came by and said my original understanding was correct. No filtering needs changing. I do need to remove some rollbacks, but that will make for happier customers because that is what adds to the runtime. There are only three reports with rollbacks, and two more that may be affected. Simplifying at most 5 report queries vs. major mods to about 30 is a vast improvement.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:39 pm

True, I was out walking for an hour doing errands.

Washed the kitchen floor after doing the weekly kitchen chores (all 2 days late) and I like my new spin mop. I note it went on sale this week at WM so I'll take my receipt in when I go in tonight. If they require me to buy one on one receipt and return with the more expensive one, I'll do that but I want my $5.65. I'm tight with my money.

We walked to the bagel shop for lunch (haven't been for weeks due to the heat, I refuse to walk in extreme heat and humidity.) Then to the jeweller for him to repair some stuff for me. I'll pick it up next week and order some silver chains (will figure out how many I need - I'm short at least 3, possibly 5, I keep taking them off other pieces as mine break.) I should probably price those at WM when I'm there tonight.

We picked up some sweet for the party tonight. I'm now hearing there's a mixup on the time and it is to start at 7. Uh oh. Hopefully someone will clear that up before we arrive too early. We can't go later.

I need to put more time into tidying now. And check the work my regular computer is doing for dh. Last time I looked it was 30% done.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:11 pm

I have some taa daas. I rode w h to work to bring the jeep home. He can drive the car home the car guys fixed it put the part back on for him yesterday. :mrgreen: on the way home I got some larger rocks to paint today glad to be well enough to do that. I paid a bill. Picked the last of the plums and pruned the plum tree. Put those branches in the utility trailer. I cleaned the patio & chicken coop and collected eggs. Did a rock drop, made the bed. Was up i the nite could not sleep so thinking a nap might be next up.

Thanks for the input on laminators! I have not fired it up yet. I think it would be great for dividers in my planner, would have been great for card file system back in the day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:44 pm

TA-DA:
* Walked a mile this morning w/dgd in her stroller.
YESTERDAY TA-DA:
* Called the phone company, got that issue settled and should be cutting phone/internet bill in half. They also promise more dependability and faster speed. They will come next Thursday.
* Called the supplement company (where I had returned a shipment for dh in June) and they promise to have my credit card refunded by next Thursday also.

That's about it. After that, I admit, I napped a bit while she played in the "baby room" and then I lay on the bed while SHE napped. LOL. DH just said, "(DGD) can wreck a room worse than (DGS.)" Yes... especially when she has little supervision... I knew she couldn't get out of the bedroom, and there's not much in there she could possibly hurt herself with, and after approx 4 hours sleep -- I just couldn't hold my eyes open. Plus, we were trying to stay out of granddaddy's way, b/c he just about reached his limit with children underfoot last night. He loves those two more than anything in the world, but a few hours with them both going full speed, and his nerves are just shot.

Of course, we only had dgd today b/c dgs was on the field trip. He enjoyed it, but ddil said he sat with his teacher on the bus. He just can't do the social thing with his peers, I guess. I hope he doesn't have a lifetime of unhappiness because of this.

DH's cousin is bringing our supper from new local restaurant, which will probably lead to dh overdoing sodium/etc... but we've been wanting to try it, and they want to do supper for us b/c of dh's hospital stay. And she doesn't like to cook a lot anymore. She is a couple years older than my dmom, I think, and has a lot of problems herself with dizziness/etc. Inner ear trouble, I think. They told us not to be skimpy with ourselves, to get whatever we wanted, and they brought the menu from the restaurant. We have never tried it so we probably overdid it. I bet next time, they will give us a $20 gift certificate and be done with it, LOL. :oops: DH just totaled it up and oh. my. goodness. We've probably spent over $75. EEEK!!! :shock: DH says he's going to offer to pay at least half. This restaurant is known to be awfully pricey, anyway. They are very generous with us, though, and have always remembered dgrands at holidays and birthdays, etc. My inlaws were very special to them, and cousin is dgs's Sunday School teacher. She is also the only girl cousin of 8 grandchildren in dh's mother's family.

AFTER SUPPER I MUST consider some to-DO's for the night:
[ ] call dmom * Can't believe it but I don't think I've talked to her since Monday! *
[ ] iron dh's pants for Saturday
[ ] pay bills
[ ] clean up baby room

I still use the card system... PLUS a weekly master list... PLUS a daily/weekly checklist for the stuff that comes up over and over... PLUS 3 calendars -- purse, kitchen, bathroom.
It does prove invaluable in helping me remember things.
It is also kinda redundant and takes up a lot of counter space, making my bathroom vanity area look cluttered all the time.
A laminator would be nice, but I couldn't really justify the purchase for myself.

Dmom wanted her SS card laminated, so I just took some wide clear packing tape and covered it on both sides. I've done that with other things too, but it's not a solution for anything wider than a business card.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:21 pm

I did a walk w ddog to get kinks out of my back did not break any speed records but we did the normal route stopping under shade trees.

I did get a nap in after dinner.

I was told at ss ofice to not laminate ss card.
H just came home in the car it is working yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 pm

I've been doing the TA-DA ToDo dance all day. Two steps forward, one step back.

Progress made on -
** DS9 successfully homeschooled today
** DS9 & I went to public school for a couple hours
** 12 hours of DGD6 care accomplished (she was in school for 7.5 hours of it)
** Made multiple phone calls seeking information pertaining to DGS23 rehab. I'm a bit frustrated but refuse to give up.
** Maintained house - PUPA, swept, mopped, blower, dusted and dishes.
** Served meals. Not good meals, but they were here and hot. The Air Fryer is handy for these types of days. It cooks almost everything in 7 minutes and it allows me to pretend it was sorta healthy because it wasn't fried food. However, I can't pretend that processed food is healthy though.......

I'm picking up DGS23 tomorrow and we are going to try to make progress on his prerequisites. There isn't a bed available yet at the rehab place we are trying to get him into but we need to get these prerequisites done so he will be able to keep his #1 spot on the "next up" to be admitted. DPastor has been making phone calls for us and found DGS23 a bed in a rehab place in biggest city. We are not comfortable putting DGS23 in that environment. Plus it is only 90 days long. DGS23 needs more than that. Plus that place requires all $$$$$ up front and it is non-refundable. So, we are going to pass on that rehab and wait for a bed in our first choice of rehab place. IMHO, DGS23 needs the year plus long rehab. He has lots of bad habits to break and new habits to build. That takes time to make them stick. This rehab will cost more but it is paid by the month. If DGS23 quits then we only lose what it cost up to that point. We have been supporters of this rehab place for several years and have seen their methods and results. I have confidence in them because they are backed by some very good people. These people deal with them on a daily basis and I trust their judgment/opinions.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:41 pm

I didn't mean to say SS card! I meant Medicare card. That's the one I taped over.

I have heard that also, Nancy -- that you're not supposed to laminate SS card. Dmom asked at one of her doctor's appts and nurse said you probably weren't supposed to (Medicare) but she had seen some people do it and had no problems with it, so we did. Dmom's was just literally falling apart. Y'all can imagine how many times it's in and out of her wallet. ;)

Anyway, didn't Medicare recently announce they were sending new cards? That would be good for dmom!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 pm

TA-DA! I have finally finished shredding a big bin of paper. Had a total of 3 trash bags full of shredded paper. Think the next package of paper is already sorted and in separate envelopes. Pretty sure it's all church related stuff so I'll just be able to put it all into an archive box. I had planned to do this bin over 5 days so I'm well ahead at this point.

Went for another walk this afternoon while laundry was twirling. For so many people being gone the laundry was certainly busy today. At least 2 more were there this afternoon before I went over. I can see it from here.

Poor dh was chilled to the bone. He hadn't realized how much wind there was today until he noticed tonight how much his face was burning. I have a new electric mattress pad. Turned it on to get the bed warm for him but may have to turn it off when I go in. Right now I'm watching "Yours, Mine and Ours" on R OKU. Never have figured out why H ulu isn't working. Grrr.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:03 pm

I peeled the eggs. Hens are tucked in for the night the sun is down and at 7 we have a distant glow to dark to walk wout a flash lite & reflective gear, glad I did that earlier.

I need to think about a plan for tomorrow & the weekend it is supposed to cool off and rain next week temps will be down in the 60's day time and 40's at nite. It was 80*-85* today here.

Return to “Post When You Can”