Final Friday for September!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Final Friday for September!

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 am

Hi!

Are you wrapping up the month?

Is there paperwork that needs to be dealt with?

Can you believe that 2017 is 3/4 of the way to being finished?

For some of us, the busiest part of the year is coming up!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Final Friday for September!

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:04 am

Hi!!

I was told last night at supper that we are having company on Sunday AND Monday!! YIKES!!

My Very Organized Clean Friend saw dh yesterday, and he invited her and her husband over for coffee on Sunday.

I think my dd and her new girl friend are possibly coming over on Monday.

So, first things first. A hot tea and while that is steeping with the timer set for 5 minutes, I need to make the bed!

Edited to add...

Bed is made. Swiffer and broom are at the doorway. I started to get the dust bunnies out from under the bed yesterday and got sidetracked with cat toys. Now most of the cat toys have been corralled to a drawer in the bathroom where we keep cat stuff.

I have moved a pile of clean towels from here in the pantry to the bathroom. I need to clear off the ironing board so it can be put up against the front of the gun cabinet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:27 am

G'morning, Cathy. No, I can't believe we're so near the end of '17!

I slept in the recliner after a low BS around midnight & having a snack. Every time I laid down in the bed my sciatic seemed to act up.

I spent a good share of the evening shredding lots and lots and lots of old papers from our storage unit. I had many investment reports from our prior company. Made me sad to see that very nice high figure and then to know the market crashed and so did our stocks. Oh well, it is what it is.

Need to get my hair shampooed before I head out for rehab. Supposed to have a chat with my mentor there after my morning's exercise. Just to see where we're at and where we're going in the next month. Reminds me I need to count just how many days I have gone for rehab. Think insurance covers (except for $15 co-pay) up to 34 or 35 visits. Zeroing in on that number. Need to find out if they can do a print out that will tell what equipment I'm on and at what level and duration. I'd like to find a place in FL where I can keep going. Plus, I'll keep on walking. I'm really concentrating on my diet and exercise and see those scale numbers creeping downward. Got 8,000k steps in yesterday.

Have to go to Sam's after rehab today. Both to get gas -see it's down to $2.56 there as of yesterday. Also need to return a package of English muffins. They've been sitting here for over 3 weeks waiting to go back. I called to see if I could just bring the receipt -was told no, had to bring the package. What if it was spoiled meat?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:36 am

CathyS wrote:
Is there paperwork that needs to be dealt with?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yes

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:51 am

I'm up. Bedroom was tidied. Good thing, the super has already been here and had to get into the bedroom. I forgot he was coming. (I had an notice to enter.)

The living room was much tidier than yesterday but I'm not sure that was noticeable to someone else. Papers are still all over.

There is nothing on outside the apartment today so I will have to make a concerted effort to leave and go for a walk.

Edited to add: I will be going out today. I'm getting sick at the moment from the smell of the floor sealant upstairs. Since I didn't have access to my computer yesterday, I had looked forward to a good day with it today working on paperwork. That isn't going to happen since I can move to somewhere else in the apartment that smells less but I can't work effectively elsewhere for ergonomic reasons. I need to finish this post and get away from here, I'm getting sick really fast.

I spent a long time this morning cleaning out my jewelry chest. I won't actually get rid of anything even if I don't wear it now because I do change my taste from time to time. For instance, for most of my adult life I never wore bracelets, now I do quite regularly. I suspect that is because bracelets aren't practical when you are dealing with small children!

I have 8 items that need chains. One needs a black chain, not silver or gold so I may look for that online. I bought 3 yesterday at WM and have 3 more that need repairing. After I get all that sorted out, I'll order the remaining good ones from my jeweler. I'll need some heavier ones and the ones at WM were too fine for several of the pieces.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:24 am

LOL, Kathryn!

I'm doing my usual straighten up for dcleaning lady and trying to figure out the day. Dfriend M and I talked earlier in the week about going to JJill this afternoon and I think I need to pass on that for today.

Harriet, tonight is Kol Niedre - the name of the service and also the iconic music (Neil Diamond in Jazz Singer, BTW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL0LqFpaL0A ) Past presidents are on the Bima, or pulpit, holding the Torahs while this is sung, and are invited, as an honor, to sit on the pulpit for the service. Tomorrow is Yom Kippur, the day of atonement when we will fast.

-breakfast protein shake
-brush teeth
-meds/vitamins
-walk the dog
-out the door
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:39 am

Trying to remember to do possible overlooked areas today. You know the ones... when you sit down at the end of the day and there is a cut fur tumbleweed under the coffee table. I need to pull the couch out today and do around dh's area. I never go near there to tidy on the weekends because he is napping on and off and he's comfy with his feet up watching tv and playing games on FB.

Couch is a sectional so I think that counts as an aerobic workout.

Edited to add...

Pulled out the entire couch and vacuumed where it was. It is now back where it belongs. I also vacuumed the cat stand/perch/tree.

Dh came for lunch and he needs me to go buy 4 cases of water for where he works. IF there is no limit, I will grab a case for home as well. There are numerous other deals at the same store, so I need to get changed and go over there.

Dd texted and she is coming here after 4.
Last edited by CathyS on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:48 am

I was up and going before my 6am alarm went off. Found a puppy mess this morning so discussed some changes to try with DH. It is all about creating a routine for the puppy that works. Today we will try its last meal to be at 5pm.

DH is doing DS9 and DGD6 care will I am having adventures (see J&C) with DGS23. I picked DGS23 up this morning in big city at what appeared to be an abandoned trailer park. He is dirty but is clear headed and a pleasant attitude toward me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:10 am

hello hello... I hope I can be with you all today... wishing you a great day.

final friday of September WOW
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:14 am

CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!! TGI PAYDAY!!! Anyone who thinks money cannot buy happiness lives in Fantasyland. My happiness and hopefulness levels track directly with my bank balance and monthly cycle. No, not THAT monthly cycle, the monthly BILL cycle! Here is something funny: I looked at some of the online retirement calculators yesterday. If I retire at 67+, I may have more money during the month than I make now. Of course, as long as I don't touch those accounts, they continue to grow. That's only 11 years away :o . My mood also improved tremendously last night, because I realized both roof leaks only appear with a strong wind out of the east. It still needs fixing, but it is not as horrible as I thought. And I FOUND my library card! It had gone behind a divider in the suitcase.

Girls' Night Out was homework for DD15 while I did daily stuff and party cleanup. Because the computer is in the shop, I did a good cleanup of the desk it sits on. Even put the scratch covering oil on. It looks better than it has in years! I had to leave towels on it, because I don't want Briggs' fur soaking up the oil. Got other cleanup done as well. The good thing about no computer is no jigsaw distractions. Drama is dealt with in the animal org - another mood lifter.

I have DD this weekend. The x and the other woman have plans for his birthday. We will likely eat out tonight, but not the expensive places. LOLs need to run too. Weekend focus is roof and yard work. It's been raining a lot, so I don't know how effective either will be. I want to turn over the swamp cooler (part of roof work). Secondary focus is sewing. Tertiary is party cleanup.

I am coming into the busiest part of my year - Halloween. I still have DPCs today, because I did not do them yesterday.

World's Cheapest "Laminator", works on larger sizes: Clear contact paper. Probably found with shelf liners. Doesn't take up space on your counter either.

Return to “Post When You Can”