Solving Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Solving Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Well done, Rosie!

Dd ordered a new Apple watch. She was after an open-box older one but it wasn't available when she finally went to place the order so she had to spend more and get the latest. Then she went to sync it with her phone and discovered she needed the latest OS. She had been planning on buying something during the Black Friday sales. Instead she had to buy something right away. So ended up spending over $100 more than she expected but it has 4x the storage so it will work out in the long run. She paid a more for hers than I did for mine but got 2x the storage so it isn't as if she spent a fortune and it should last her 3 years which is how long her last phone lasted.

I've watched 2 more episodes of Nashville but also got the credit cards all reconciled and the chits pulled and shredded. Emptied the shredder and ran a lubricating sheet through it. Still have some filing to do but the paperwork is being tamed here at a bit.

We should have gone on the long walk 30 minutes ago but dh is almost at a milestone. He waited for me while I worked on my task so I'll wait on him now. The kitchen needs cleaning up so that will give me something productive to do.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:15 pm

I skimmed posts retained nothing lol, yd sale success found Fancy Nancy books, got jean quilt for dgd in collage, she can cut it to fit her needs or not. Found kid purses for other dgd. Found long sleeved shirts for the boys, more book bags they are "pretend" camping now. Both napped at diff times.
Payroll is over now. I cleaned up some in the kitchen while boiling eggs they are cooling and still need peeled.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Just got news that W&R will be here within 30 days.

I'm setting up a meeting for after church tomorrow. There's a limit on how much we can do until the apartment is leased. That is not my problem.

At dinner still. We were late leaving for our walk. Then again everything has been late today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Home from dinner. Overstuffed (that'll teach us to eat dessert first, although I honestly thought the 1.5 mile walk between dessert and dinner would help with our appetites.)

We've practiced the anthem 2 times and I've sent out the meeting notice.

I'll make announcements in church as well.

I'm having decaf tea and waiting for an email from CM about the chest of drawers that are sitting in the recycling room along with a fan and a pantry cupboard. Does she want us to grab these?

I think I'll go at least get the fan.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:52 pm

church - friend's dh funeral is on Wed.
eating bfst now.
another football code final today. storm and cowboys. The younger players finals come first.
I have radio coverage on to avoid the ads.
this has set here.
prelim clean up of LR floor done. It needs a deep vac.

lunch time.

clouds today. Cooler. Perhaps some drops of rain will fall later in the week. The grass is done to a crisp.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:58 pm

skimmed posts retained nothing lol

Been there, done that, Nancy.

Lynlee, we had an unusual summer in my area, that somehow allowed the grass to avoid crisping. One of those mushroom summers.

Thinking of Twins' Mom at her time of fasting.
I had reached out for a good-looking loaf of bread at grocery the other day but put it back when I realized it seemed to be the last loaf of challah in the store. It might later be a sight for sore eyes to someone.

Babysat ds' children when they were supposedly already asleep in their beds. My intention was to spend the time getting my teaching materials ready for the upcoming study. Our green-eyed boy, however, had seen me just before going to bed and couldn't get it off his mind. I ended up sitting in a (comfortable) chair outside his bedroom until he fell asleep, with me reading a few minutes at a time until he would feel compelled to tell me again he couldn't sleep. Bathroom, water, sleeplessness.

We probably had more meaningful conversation during this time than ever. I learned all about his feelings on school, his worry about some friends, sadness about getting in trouble, about losing a favorite bedtime toy, his frustrations with having a toddler sibling, etc. Either the last or second-to-last time he put his head back down, sure that he could sleep THIS time, I said, "Grandma loves you." and he said his own name, "____ loves you, too". So life was remarkably good in that moment.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Those are the sweetest times, Harriet.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”