Solving Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Solving Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:12 am

Solving the puzzles that the day brings!

We've got this!

blessedw2

Re: Solving Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:47 am

yes we do! we have got this! thank you d harriet!

Mine is not solving the puzzles but not being lazy and and procrastinating the puzzle process in the first place.

I took dd younger downtown and it only took 45 there... now thats a miracle! I had planned staying the whole day downtown but I decide to come home and that only took 45 minutes ... wow, that has never happened before! The other day it took 2 hours to get downtown and at least 1-1/2 hours + to get home (left down town at 10 pm and hit rush hour type traffic)

happy day to you all! I am tired lol

I need to go back downtown at 2:30ish
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:59 am

Nice surprise, Blessedw2!

I've been trying to discern -problem solving- the right mattress for FL. Realized today I need to get it ordered if I want one to lie our bodies down on when we get there in about a month. Dh and I are going to look at some S erta mattresses after he gets back here this morning. Hopefully we'll find something we like, similar to the mattress we have here.

My eyes are done in looking at this screen so will do some puzzle solving in our living area. Looks sent for again! :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:42 am

hi d dee as well! :D

kitchen dailies done
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:49 am

Good morning!

I'm struggling with distractions.

Smells distract me as well as disruptions to my 'normal.' So yesterday was a wipe-out. My alternate sitting area (new to the smell of the varnish) didn't work for my back and hip and I ended up spending the day binge-watching Nashville.

The previous day I didn't have access to my computer so I'm 2 days behind on email. I have too many unread messages normally but today there are an additional 140 to that count.

I did my best to reboot the day and wrote out a schedule for me which is now completely blown. I tried to balance tv watching with work but as I sat down to watch an episode while eating my yogurt and berries, I lost control of the bowl and flung the contents all over the living room. That took 30 minutes to clean up.

So I pushed ahead, remaining 30 minutes behind then dh came to me to say NFD has had a heart attack. He's been operated on, a stent put in, and he's feeling and looking better but that doesn't mean I'll be able to concentrate. Especially with my own dh technically needing surgery according to scans but not having any symptoms (we're assuming due to his fitness level) so they are putting it off until he does. Operating on a seemingly healthy person makes no sense. But I'm constantly worried about him and his valve failing suddenly.

So, while it isn't on the schedule, I'm posting here. Will try to get back on task now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:50 pm

Definitely understand this worry, Kathryn.
But I'm constantly worried about him and his valve failing suddenly.
Dh had one angiogram in FL and they wanted to operate right then -Insurance wouldn't allow it. When he had test back here it was showing he also needed it, but insurance again said the opening wasn't small enough -lacked a teeny, tiny number evidently. Then when dh had another test a short few months later they wanted to do surgery immediately. He wouldn't let them as I wasn't back from FL yet and he didn't want to 'worry' me. So it was scheduled for maybe 2 or 3 days after my return a month later. He's very fortunate that he lasted that long. Will pray for Ken as you go forward. That valve opening is obviously a 'touchy' matter.

Warming yet more mac 'n cheese from the restaurant in a nearby town known for it. Dh and I had different kinds but I can't tell them apart so am warming two containers. I like mac 'n cheese but not the over-the-top kinds. We usually get 'sides' as the full portion is even 'huger' than the side. We can get several meals just out of a side. Think mine was barbq pork and dh's was a 3-meat one. DDIL had ordered a Buffalo chicken and I tasted that and really liked it. There are many kinds all fresh made. DS-R & DDil love going to this place and take us there about once a year. Just google: Mooneys -LeRoy NY. (Figured you needed another distraction, Kathryn. :mrgreen: )
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:05 pm

DeeClutter wrote:Just google: Mooneys -LeRoy NY. (Figured you needed another distraction, Kathryn. :mrgreen: )

:-p

Dh and I went practiced the anthem. The harmonies are starting to cement in my head. (At first I can 'hear' them in my head but have to find them. Then I have to find them reliably. That's where we are at the moment!)

I've also cleaned out my 2 non-important email boxes and cleared 100 from my 'real' in-box.

My schedule is now officially shot for the day. We will leave at 4 p.m. for a mega walk though. Planning 4+ miles round trip. Eating dessert first at a new place that serves frozen custard.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Today I solved a couple computer problems. I managed to send an online payment from my newly-opened bank account access. That went pretty smoothly except getting the access code I couldn't find the # button on my extended keyboard cell phone. :roll: I kept pushing the W which is an = sign not a # sign and it's so tiny and faded from age I couldn't tell.

Then I had a lot of problems getting into my new email and I don't know if I have that completely solved yet. My fault because of the way I set it up, making mistakes and now I have 2 accounts saved in the computer with the same password...

So anyway I was able to tell DH that I was able to pay a bill online and we saved 1 stamp and it only took me an hour. :lol: I know you all are just rofl laughing at me right now. It will get easier as I use the program.

Letter done, card mailed, county form mailed off. Kitchen cleaned up. I might look at the jigsaw puzzles I bought last time I was at the thrift store. I hope all the pieces are there.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 pm

Morning...

It's a football day for me. I have a new phone because my old one ..S5... died. I have insurance so when I called to make a claim I was told it had been discontinued. Then the gal told me she would replace mine with an iPhone 6, but they were out of them as well. Figured I'd have to wait awhile to get a newnphone. Then to my surprise she said...so since we're out I'll have to send you an iPhone 7. Your replacement cost will be $99. Works for me :D

Enjoying my day...hope y'all get to do the same. Both Lucylee and my two teams are all being broadcast today. Settling to have some fun and cheer every one on, and yes I cheer for lucylees team as long as they are not playing against mine :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Whew! My Saturday was solved when the rest of this crowd left for the ballgame. Who EVER thought it would be a good idea to share this condo with 3 generations present was an idiot.
Sheesh.
Just too much "togetherness," I guess. All 4 adults sharing one bathroom... dh being his usual OCD self... (compounded by the fact that a very stupid person couldn't possibly wait to tell him the nurse called)... ddil being her... self... (a little too bossy of ds, IMHO)... dgrands loud and whiny... The day just did NOT start out well.
But they are gone and dgd and I are eating cheesy bread from Dominos, and life should be relatively calm for a few hours. If dgd would take s nap, life would be perfect.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”