Sweetest Time Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Sweetest Time Sunday

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:14 am

* whew *
It has NOT been a very sweet day around here.

One good thing -- visiting preacher (whom I love to hear!) was at church today, for her first Sunday of four. After that, we do not know what our situation will be. Committee is meeting Wed. night. Our pastor has been having a lot of physical (and emotional) problems following some family upheaval. He has been out for about a month already, I guess. DS & DDIL really like him, dh says we could certainly do worse, and I do like his preaching better than many that we have had -- although his politics sometimes gets on my nerves, and he tends to express his view in that line of thought more than I'd like. But we are hoping he is able to return to us eventually. If we could just replace him permanently and indefinitely with the substitute pastor, I'd be very happy -- but she is 66 years old, retired, with three grandchildren. I imagine she is enjoying retirement very much and really is just filling in for us out of the goodness of her heart.

Otherwise, I was the only member of our bunch who made it to church. DS had a fairly long drive this afternoon and is on his way home again now. He decided to skip 9:00 a.m. service, and when he backed out, ddil decided to let the dgrands continue to sleep and she slept in too. They skipped both birthday parties this afternoon also.

I went to dcousin's birthday party, and enjoyed talking with uncle and aunt, and cousins, but still... just not really happy with the way that part of the family has shown themselves to be totally undependable and inconsiderate of ddil (and by association, me) and I just don't feel good about it right now.

OTOH, ddil did find another emergency back-up babysitter -- via Facebook -- today. The sister of one of her former coworkers keeps a couple of children a few days a week, and she said she would be fine to take dgrands when necessary. I don't know how well ddil knows this lady, but she worked with her sister and her mother and has continued to keep in touch with them via FB over the last few years, and the woman has a child of her own, so surely it will work out okay.
DDIL also has another back-up plan available, too -- a dfriend told her their teenage daughter would be a good babysitter, and the mom herself is a stay-at-home mom herself, so ddil thinks they might be able to fill in occasionally.
It is sooo occasionally that they need someone besides us -- but when they do, they REALLY do, and that is why ddil is so upset with cousins. She said, "They KNOW I don't have ANYONE ELSE; that I don't have ANY family of my own here, they are IT. And then they say the CAN and then back out at the last minute."

I know, I'm just ranting again. * sigh *

DH has felt better today, I think. He slept in also, but he was able to help out more this week with groceries than he normally does. That's a big help to me, and a big indication on how he's feeling.
BTW -- he came home 3 lbs LIGHTER than he was when we left for college town. I... I came home 3 lbs heavier. * SHEESH *

Happy anniversary to all you ladies! Besides the last ten years, you have all been with me another 5 or 6, I guess. I think I found y'all in 2001. What on earth I'd do without you, I don't know!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”