Sweetest Time Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sweetest Time Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:04 am

I'm all teared up at a sweet bedtime story Harriet told us last night. Lucylee named today for us in response.

Let's all be on the lookout for those sweetest moments today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sweetest Time Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:08 am

I'm up. I don't feel like I had a good sleep. I'm tired despite over 8 hours in bed.

We leave for church in less than 90 minutes and I also have to be ready for my impromptu meeting after church.

Thankfully, I'm not preaching this afternoon so we should be home around 2.

Dh is starting to realize how bad things are in Barcelona at the moment. His friend wrote to say how afraid he is today. I'm glad dh isn't there now but he will be there next Saturday and no-one knows how this constitutional crisis will play out. I'm wondering if the conference itself will be cancelled. We'll see.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 am

I'm up. Too many things on my mind.

On this day in 2007, this SHE village was incorporated. So very thankful!

Puppy is being a typical puppy. Chewing. Pouncing. Pulling. Dropping. Chasing toes. Playing with balls. And the hourly taking outside to take care of bodily functions. DH does all the care when he is awake and here. I only take care of the puppy when DH is asleep or gone.

Today & tomorrow is our 36-hour trip for DS9 to experience staying in an underground house. It is pet-friendly so the puppy will travel with us.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:15 am

I had determined last night to come here this morning with anniversary wishes for US. See Lady M already mentioned it -so I'm glad we're on the same page. So a HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY TO US!

For once I did sleep VERY WELL. Phone rang at 7:12 this morning and except for being up once around 11-12 sometime, to turn the heat DOWN, I slept all night. I don't think I even moved once I was back in bed. Wish I could string some of those together!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:31 am

Hi everyone! Happy anniversary to us!! 10 awesome years of peace and tranquility and no dancing/glitter-y teapots!!

I have a very busy day ahead of me. We are having friends over for coffee/tea and cake later. This is my Clean and Organized friend who vacuums numerous times a week. Oddly enough, dh thinks her house is "cluttered" because she has a lot of decorations in every room. Crystal and pictures and books, with family pictures everywhere you look. There is that, but not a speck of dirt or dust to be found. So I have been dusting on and off all morning. I was watching the cat fur flying in the sunlight this morning as I laid in bed thinking about getting up.

Clothes are either in the dryer or in the washing machine. Dishwasher has been emptied and refilled. Sink is full of hot, soapy water with a large pot soaking. All blinds are open to let the sun shine in to show me where the dust is hiding.

Dh has finally gone outside, so now I can vacuum.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:00 am

How neat that it is our anniversary!

I slept well, probably in a blood sugar daze from eating so after fasting. It's interesting to me that the salty things draw me probably more than the sweets. I left temple pretty soon after the break the fast and came home, walked dog and was in pajamas by the time dh and ds got home.

We have company coming tonight for dinner. I'm not sure why dh insisted about tonight but it makes for a busy weekend.

I did a good bit of research on Friday afternoon at the library and haven't touched it since. I have proof that the Wm I believe to be my ancestor was in TN before statehood in 1796. I need to process that research from Friday and plan some stints at the library this week, I have nine rolls of film there from the FHL.

I managed to get two bits of feedback done yesterday for Pro Gen, only one to go and I have until tomorrow afternoon now.

I've walked the ddog and I'm settling down to read the paper next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:12 am

so sweet d harriet!

hi d twins!
hi d kathryn
hi d dee Happy anniversary to all of us and thank you to all that helped it happen and continue to make "us" happen.
hi d cathy
hi d lady

hi all the sweet lassies that enter here.

last night - it took us a while to drive home. I didn't take the kennedy/90 because it was busy but took the around the lake version up north. Lovely
but long. dd older went out with d mom.

Yesterday I was able to see the Deering Family exhibit on the renaissance at the Art Institute - very enjoyable. I met dd younger there.

http://www.artic.edu/exhibition/saints- ... nce-europe
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:40 am

I am not done journaling lots OMM see j & c for some info. Bs roller coaster ride today aftwr prebed ex.amd snack crash at 2 ish, the ack land this am. Sigh...

Yesterday was awesome the boys like the tee pee for pretend camping then we had cabin building class - u tube of a guy building one was a hit! Watched half apx 15 min. Of that will do the rest today. Then is was off 2 Arbys for lunch, a lesson in carseats I need a review. Dson helped . Delivered quilt and kids purses to dgds, and mail to dd's house. I got out the carseat I know how to use the baby had a great time playing on it understanding it was for him. So will install that this week. This is me no longer being grounded! :mrgreen:

Speaking of puzzles I will be thinking on that for the boys to do as an activity. The 1yo needs some a very smart one! Suggestions welcome. This week learning to use a fork and spoon are the skill set he needs.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:23 pm

At lunch now. Successful morning.

I can't believe we've been this village for 10 years! Time flies!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that I invited 15 people for dinner on Saturday night. Sigh.

Return to “Post When You Can”