Tackling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tackling Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:31 am

It seems to me that if we don't tackle our days, our days tackle us and knock us out!

To avoid that, dig down deep and find the energy to tackle something today. Your dailies, that pile of papers on the dining room table in the way of setting it for Canadian Thanksgiving (just to pull an example out of a hat!), that dreaded phone call, or those errands you've been putting off.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tackling Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:38 am

I'm up. Slept better last night. Was still awake twice at 2 hour intervals but then slept solid for over 4 hours. So that's an improvement.

My pedometer stopped working last night. I had checked it when I came home from my walk so I can accurately estimate the steps for the day, but I was so upset I started to cry. This morning I pulled out the packaging and read the instructions. Soft reset did nothing, hard reset brought the screen back but it soon died. So I replaced the battery and all seems to be well. The battery lasted from halfway through the day on September 6 to the end of the day on October 2. Not the six months estimated.

At least they ship it with an extra battery so I know it is running now without having to buy a battery to test it. Still. I'm frustrated. I have to do a hard reset every one million steps and thought I'd probably replace the battery then. But I only logged in the high 200,000s before the battery died.

I'll put in an order now for some of those batteries and hope remove one star on my rating.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:04 am

good morning dearest Kathryn! I am get you slept better last night!

It seems to me that if we don't tackle our days, our days tackle us and knock us out!
so very true!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:13 am

Ditto what Blessed said! Dh brought home papers last night -a financial statement- that I have to fill out today. So I've tackled that hoping it to get it off my list for today. :roll: Not my druthers. Did this all a year ago and was hoping other party still had all these figures. Now it seems they only want dh's financial statement -not both of us. So I've set my timer for 2 1/2 hours and hope that's all it takes. Having to look up info takes time I'm afraid. Not sure if I have to run this paperwork somewhere after I finish or not. I'm assuming so. So I'm TACKLING AWAY!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:17 am

hut hut hut -I am tackling the house with you d dee!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:25 am

Can someone tackle me off this chair?

Maybe when I get up, I'll walk to another part of the field and actually take part in a play, rather than sit on the sidelines.

Feeling melancholy today.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread, Kathryn.

I had planned to run errands today, specifically to stock up on meat and fresh produce. However, I checked the weather forecast and we're supposed to get a bad storm this afternoon. I'm not moving quickly enough to be able to get to TheBigCity and back before the storm hits. Tomorrow looks very nice and thus it makes more sense to postpone errands until tomorrow.

I have 6 eggs, 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 onion, and some cheese. I believe we'll be having frittatta for supper. Oh, I found 4 slices of bread and a pound of butter, so we can have toast, too. :) I had oatmeal for breakfast. I'll have garbanzo salad in a tortilla for my lunch. Food challenge tackled!

I do have plenty of stuff in the pantry that I can pull a meal together in an emergency when I really cannot get to a store. I'm trying to save those things for winter when the roads are bad. Normally I wouldn't be so short of bread and fresh produce, but the closest Aldi to me has been closed a couple of weeks for the final phase of construction to enlarge the store. I've been trying to hold out until they reopen. If they're still closed tomorrow, I'll have to face the crowd at wm.

Hmm, I just realized that since the refrigerator is so empty and I'll be staying home today, it will be the perfect time to give it a good scrub. That job hasn't been done for an embarrassingly long time so it will be a big challenge to tackle.

Not yet, though. I didn't get quite enough sleep and I feel like my brain is stuck on "pause." While my body is on autopilot, I think I'll start a load of laundry and get the dishes sorted out and in the sink to soak, then go back to bed for at least an hour. BBL.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:58 am

Hi.

Dd left me a voice message last night that she is coming here on Thanksgiving Monday. So that answers that question. Now we have to figure out what day we are going to W's mom's house to celebrate her birthday.

We will be deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving.

W and I had words last night before we went out for supper. After we got home, I spent some time on FB and then I went to bed. No good night kisses last night. I was awake when he was getting ready for work this morning. No good bye kisses this morning. He's upset that I'm upset that he's upset.

House is clean. I want to go for a drive, but I really don't want to. Just bummed out today. Not stitching group to get me out the door.

Supper will be a smoked turkey casserole. Same recipe as a tuna casserole, just different meat.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:16 am

I "sorta" have the financial statement draft done. Waiting for dh to come by. We'll go over figures then and he can sign the original and I'll transpose info to those sheets.

Sneezing up a storm here. Still don't feel 100%. Had changed my rehab appointment early on yesterday from today to tomorrow. Glad I did.

Just did up a few dishes. I've pretty well done the morning routine.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:42 am

Oops posted on wrong day at first. I have dumped trash yestersay, h took it to the curb before work. We have been fighting colds here. I have a couple of errands today donations are loaded. More coffee, journaling is done. I tackled clutter yesterday and it went out the door and will be leaving the house today. :mrgreen:

Return to “Post When You Can”