Tackling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Tackling Tuesday

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:08 am

Hi everyone! At payroll, I will be tackling the bane report, as usual. At home, I believe it is time to tackle setting the computer back up and financial chores. Last night, I did a bunch of errands and spent a bunch of money. I picked up the computer (free - under warranty), got cat food (expensive - prescription), hardware store (more expense), fabric store (got out cheap), groceries (average), and returned library books (free). I'm now out of library books, so maybe DD and I can get more tonight. At least I found my library card and can get more than two now. When I got home, all I did was the daily stuff, then goofed off reading a book. So much to do and so little inclination to do it.

In answer to blessedw2's question: You had it partially right. The couple is married and he has a girlfriend. A fact I was entirely unaware of when I invited them to the party. It's my own party at my own house, so skipping it is not an option. When we went to the concert, I saw nothing out of the ordinary about them. Later I saw the wife and gave her a party invitation. SHE asked me if it was ok if the girlfriend came. Since I was planning to invite her anyway, an invitation was given. (Halloween invitation policy = everyone I know except the x and the other woman are invited). If the husband had not been such a moron and committed things to email, I could have remained blissfully unaware. The husband knows the x cheated on me with someone who I thought was a friend. Why would he think I would have any excitement over his sordid little love affair. If they get together, she has a cheater and he has someone known to betray friends. And this is a recipe for happily ever after?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:36 am

I've been deciding what to use for my Pro Gen assignment this month - it's a transcription and abstract project. Should I cut myself some slack and use a fairly easy one with decent handwriting, or go with a harder one that maybe I can't get every word right? I think I'm going with a harder one. ;)

I need to get rolling:
-s2s
-reboot laundry
-walk ddog
-make the bed

I need a trip to:
-post office
-target (socks for dmom)
-see dmom
-groceries (small trip, stuff for supper only)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:50 am

started to loose focus so I pulled out my cards.
today Is bathroom and laundry day
I am super cranky

d elizabeth I think both he and his wife are wrong to invite the girl friend - I think you can un-invite the husband and wife or all three. It's not right to do that to you. Don't play the game they want you to play; it's a jerky move on all of their part - especially his - say no... yes they will be angry but they are doing this for the wrong reason and they are grownups. Your dd should not have to think this is normal especially since he sees this as a chance to rub it in everyones faces on purpose. This is about him showing the world he doesn't care - he is going to show them. You deserve so much better. You deserve respect. your other guests will probably be uncomfortable with the situation as you are. (sorry I am so direct - I like you and care about you
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:54 am

hi d twins

hi d dee

hi d cathy

hi d book

hi d kathryn

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:58 am

bathrooms - powder room first done - I need to wipe the walls next time
dh and I are going to lunch - 36 year anniversary (I thought it was our 35 year anniversary ;) )

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Elizabeth: I may be misreading this situation but it sounds to me like the wife knows and this may be a biblical marriage with more than one wife. Consider that.

I'm still not dressed for the day. I have booked his flights and hotel for the end of the month and put in a bid on an upgraded seat for the flight on Friday. Those reservations were made by the conference firm so they booked on the Air Canada 'tourist' brand with 18" wide seats and less than 30" leg room. I would have booked him differently to avoid using those planes. The product is 'cheap' because the service is cheap (no inflight entertainment, no plug in for your own device, subpar food, subpar seats (less recline) and subpar leg room, not my idea of a great red-eye experience.) Oh, and they want $100 to upgrade to a seat with 2" more legroom which brings you up to what their regular planes have. By the time you upgrade to human, you may as well fly on the mainline service.

Dh is off to dye a stripe of hair green. I'll go get dressed.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Well, ok, over 2 hours ago I said I was going to go up and take a nap but I haven't made it there yet. I started a series of "but firsts" that turned out productive -- easy things that didn't take any brain power.

* first load of laundry in the washer
* dishes in to soak
* checked email
* noticed that a vlogger I follow had uploaded a new 60 minute long video, watched the first 1/3
* got up for a glass of water, washed some of the dishes while I was out in the kitchen
* sorted through a stack of papers while watching the rest of the video
* washed the rest of the dishes
* early lunch

I don't want to lie down immediately after eating. I see another vlogger's video that is about 30 minutes long. I will grab another stack of papers and go through them while watching the video. Then I'll go up and get some more sleep before I tackle the beastly refrigerator.

Hi, blessedw2, it's good to see you.
Kathryn, I'm sorry you're feeling melancholy and hope things are better soon.
Elizabeth ~ That's a stinker of a situation. Blessedw2 gave good advice. If you don't feel that you can uninvite the trio, at least they can get lost in the crowd and hopefully not stay long. As hostess you'll have plenty to do and won't have to be trapped into a long conversation with them.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:39 pm

This morning I called my new dentist office (the one who won't touch me due to my diabetes) to see if they had received my xrays and records from my original dentist. They had and she sent them with the referral last week. They had told me to wait a few business days to make an appt. I was watching the girls yesterday and forgot about calling. So this morning I showered etc. before I called the new dentist. Then I called the oral surgeons office and I could get in today at 3 or Oct. 25. As much as I don't want to go this afternoon, I have to. This morning the tooth that is broke off almost to the gum line is hurting. I am wondering if it is infected or headed that way. After the rejection I received from the new dentist, I am leery about dealing with the oral surgeon. The bridge came out Sept 14 and I saw the new dentist Sept 21, so we need a plan of action and I am just going to have to deal with it, as much as I hate changing medical professionals.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:04 pm

I 'tackled' and I more than conquered. Borrowing Lady M's suggestion of deciding on a 'project for the day' -to be completed before bedtime- I had 1, then 2, then 3 projects going for today. Accomplished them all.

Dh was by a short time ago with the big front end loader to scrape the road for about 150' along our campers and others. The roads were all graded by a 'professional' a few weeks ago. The road going by our place has been the absolute worst it has ever been. People (with golf carts) were driving on lawns to miss the myriad of pot holes. We'll see if this does some good. Dcampowner did it a couple of weeks ago and as soon as it rained we right back where we were before. (He had a hip replacement done today, so won't be around for the rest of the year).

Evidently the paperwork I filled out doesn't have to be dropped off -only filled out????? Color me confused. At least it's done and copied! Don't want to come up with all these figures again -hoping this issue won't ever even repeat itself. I know dh was told last night he might not need to co-sign so that's probably just having papers ready if needed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Elizabeth it seems like it *might* be an acceptable situation with the wife. They could have an open marriage or perhaps a 3 partner situation.

Seems W and I are going to have an interesting Thanksgiving as my dd is coming with her male and female partners. :shock:

Right now W and I are having words, or lack of words. We have both been in tears in the past 24 hours.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”