Tackling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tackling Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm tackling one thing at a time.

So the drying rack was put away.

The stuff in the front hall was moved away (this is stuff I grabbed for W&R) but I cleaned it first as it was all really dusty. There's a 5' high stack of plastic drawers (perfect for sorting school and craft supplies for the next family.) There's a set of 3 nesting tables. And there's a fan that was unbelievably dirty. I spent an hour cleaning that. The blade cage was held on with 16 twist ties so I had to untie those, vacuum it, then clean it, then put it back on. Even with all the dust, it worked flawlessly so that was a good score. Kind of want to keep it for myself!

Then I vacuumed the living room and dining room plus vacuumed up all the dead flies. Before I move into the bedrooms, I'm taking a break. I still have to dust the surfaces in here.

There's still the deep fryer box in the dining room and the old deep fryer in the kitchen.

I'm also tackling the dinner menu. So far I've got scallop potatoes, kale salad, turkey and dressing, and pasta and tomato sauce (with the sausage for the sauce on the side so my vegetarian can use that as a main course.)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:Elizabeth: I may be misreading this situation but it sounds to me like the wife knows and this may be a biblical marriage with more than one wife. Consider that.

Elizabeth, that is exactly what I first thought. If she knows, why would she want this woman at the party...unless she's in agreement about the relationship.... ewwwww

I've been too busy to get here.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CATHYS AND SUNNY (who I talked to at length on Saturday).

Sunday I did make a lot of progress in the house, despite going to church and doing a shopping on the way home with DH. After a nap I tackled the kitchen and cleaned out the refrigerator, a lot of food in there to deal with, deboned a chicken, etc. and most of that to the freezer. Lots of dishes and gathered the garbage for Monday's pickup. Also crawled into a deep cabinet and cleaned it all out, wiped everything, and the wire pull out holder that holds the garbage can. It gets really dirty in there from using the garbage can so now it's all good again for a while.

Monday I woke to the news. Wow. Girlfriend said he was "unstable", just been reported.

Monday I spent 8 hours working with DH at jobsite. Customer has become very mean; we're unable to deal with her now. Just need to get this job done and get out of there. This is the woman we let come with her son during the hurricane. I told DH she was trouble..... Did some shopping on the way home for 1 thing we forgot Sunday and found something else we watch for on sale and filled up my cart.

Today was trip to big city south of us. Couple hours on the road. I was surprised at the amount of storm damage I saw along the way. Mostly trees, etc. and fences and signs. One McDonalds with its roof tarped and only drive thru newly opened. Supplies to job and a piece of equipment picked up and taken over too. Tried to order a part for SUV at dealer but it's unavailable, we'll probably be fashioning something ourselves. Hood bumper part where it closes down on the metal across the front of the radiator.

I'm a bit burned out.

For Lucylee: I've read A Tale of Two Cities. This one I liked, though I had to look at the French Re volution history to understand some of it. I'd told you all the Dickens books I'd read, what I didn't say was that some of those were very short, and 2 of them in 1 book.

Now I have to read Swiss Family Robinson, guess I've missed that one.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Hello dear ladies,

Been away for awhile, just really concentrating on getting this house in shape. After caring for people through the years,(and was very happy to do so) I find this is the time to care for my home.

It’s been baby steps, like I started doing just my dailies and it took awhile to get them all done. Now I can breeze through them. :D Then I started doing weekly things and started adding some focus work in. One of my big projects was cleaning my kitchen cupboards. I would do one a week or maybe two. It took me awhile but I can check that off now. Today I cleaned my oven and stove hood. I do something in my kitchen every week.

I also cleaned out a dresser in my bedroom doing one drawer a week. Found out I don’t need to buy underwear or socks for awhile. :lol: I clean my fridge by wiping out one shelf or drawer a day(part of my dailies)

Even DH notices the differences around here and has cleaned a few areas himself.

I find in life, the little things do mean a lot and can add up to something wonderful.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Still working on the bane report. Will it never end? I think I will make a DPC now. Fun break, huh?

FWIW, I am not sure the wife knows at all. The husband says she "sorta knows". I take that to mean he still wants to have it under wraps. In other words, he wants to brag on getting some, but not pay the price. The wife is probably treating the girlfriend as a friend, like I did with the x's other woman. I thought she WAS a friend. A friend of the family. Guess she liked some members better than others. If I hear anything from him on this again, my reply will be, "Behave or behave discreetly."

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Elizabeth: I think if it was me, I'd ask straight out, "are you having an affair or do they think of themselves as sister wives?" Then coach the reply based on his reply. If it is an affair, say, "I'm sorry but as the wife in a similar situation, I would have wanted to know, therefore, I will be telling your wife on X-date" (and name a date that gives him time to tell her himself, preferably before your party.) If the answer is sister-wives then you'll have to decide if that behaviour is acceptable to you.

It is quite possible he is feeling you out to see if they can continue the friendship once people realize it is a non-traditional marriage. If he's boasting about 'getting some' then string him up so he can't have any ever again. That's just bad behaviour that needs to be nipped in the bud. Or simply nipped.

I spent time tidying the kitchen (but that dang deep fryer is still in the way) and refilling the vitamin container. We've changed the format and I do 4 weeks at a time now. So twice the work and today it took much longer than 2x the time. That's because, although I don't have to deal with the tiny lids getting in my way with dh's new dispenser, before he'd serve up 4 extra ones I don't take each day and now they go into his new large container so I have 84 more pills to put into the case. I also made up a set of day and night for him for his trip at the end of this week.

I ran out of diet Dr. Pepper a few days ago and had my last diet pepsi yesterday. I'm going to try to quit cold turkey which means the pressure I currently feel in my head is about to turn into a killer aspartame withdrawal headache. Sigh....

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Dh wanted to see dgs today so asked dd for a skype call. He was down for a nap at the time so we just had the call and got to sing him Happy Birthday. It was nice that he recognized us even though we were in the computer (we never skype with him, that's what he does with his other grandmother.)

Trying to think about supper. I don't want to go out because I'm afraid I'll break down and order a diet soft drink. On the other hand, I can't think of anything to cook either. I had a pot of tea and a protein bar while doing the vitamins so I'm not overly hungry. I do need to leave the apartment.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:32 pm

I CUOP through yesterday PWYC but don't have enough time to read J&C and today's PWYC and the health thread. ARGH! I do NOT like days without a break long enough to CUOP. >>>>>>talking to self....calm down. This phase of life will pass. Patience grasshopper.<<<<<<<

Things are going well here (except for not having breaks!). Just keeping on keeping on.

Oh My! I didn't know about Swiss Family extra stuff. I ordered the SF book that has been shortened to 100 pages or soto make it easier to read. Surely it is child-friendly version? Now I'm wondering if I should read it before we start it together. I don't think DS9 is up to a long draw out classic type reading. I don't think I am either. :oops:

Swallows and Amazons?!! I've never heard of it. Sounds good! I did a quick google but didn't see a rating (G or PG, etc) and saw a movie has been produced about it in the last year or so.....but it isn't rated either. I definitely want to check it out more.

BBL
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Back from the oral surgeon. The gal put on a video about implants and left the room. It was so depressing that I was ready to run from the room. By that time, my first dentist solution of pulling the tooth, cutting that tooth off the bridge and then placing the one end as a crown and the other tooth attached to it sounded pretty good. I mentioned that to the oral surgeon and he said it could be done but that the floating tooth would eventually put pressure on the other and I would then be down 3 teeth. He said that is usually done if money was the issue. So I told him that the video had intimidated me. He told me that they have more complaints about pulling teeth than the implants. The problem is I need that tooth pulled no matter what I do. So it came down to pull the tooth and wait 3-4 months for it to heal and then do the implants that need at least that long to heal or pull the tooth and do the implants at the same time if the conditions are right. He won't know that until he pulls the tooth. So I opted for pulling the tooth and doing implants then, if possible. I also had the choice of local anesthesia or general. Well I do not like to be put out unless absolutely necessary. Also with general I would have to do the fasting, etc. With my diabetes I like to avoid that if possible. With the local I can eat breakfast before I go and not have to worry as much about my bs as I would if I were fasting.

I will be on soft foods for probably 4 weeks which will include Thanksgiving. I keep remembering dsisil and her feeding tube. Then dhs dsis has no teeth due to surgery for oral cancer. She had had radiation and it had ruined her teeth. She can not have implants because the bone deteriorated. So I will just have to suck it up, buttercup as the saying goes.

So the countdown starts, 4 weeks from tomorrow. Ugggh

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Ladym...my comments were based on you saying you didn’t think Hardy Boy was appropriate due to the boys ages. In SF two of the boys are teenager with one being of young adulthood age. When the girl shows up the older boys vie for her attention.

I looked to see if I still have my book, but I don’t. I still have my 2 Disney dvds, the original and the one with Richard Thomas...both are rated G. However there are scenes that mentions canninaballism and a huge battle between the family and pirates.

I’ve received a request to do a long term sub assignment from the school that I sub at. Sped teacher is leaving due to health issues and there is a student teacher in n the classroom. I am seriously considering it. First the student teacher would be doing most of the work and secondly I would be working with teachers I already know and love. Plus my classroom would be right next to one of my best friends whom I co-taught with while I was still teaching. Also my daily sub pay goes up after I teach 21 days so I would be making more daily pay after I finish the assignment.

Also I would be able to replinsish my savings account which I used for my sons wedding. All will depend On timing. I have cataract surgery scheduled for next week during fall break and am not sure what my limitations will be for the following week.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Lady M have you looked into The Box Car Children?

It’s a family of 2 boys and 2 girls, solving mysteries. I think there is over 100 of their books.

Return to “Post When You Can”