Wading through Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Wading through Wed.

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Ha! Take that bane report! Another bug found and stomped on. I am getting ever closer. I recommend Kathryn try darjeeling tea. The absolute best. Bottled teas are gross. They use too much lemon to hide the underlying bad taste. YUCK!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Elizabeth!

Having hot tea now before my nap.

Made a phone call. Never received tickets for our plays this year. Turns out I bought a voucher and now I have to select the actual shows. Bought the voucher in June and now that I think about it, I probably understood this at the time but forgot, found a receipt that says we'll send your tickets (that's a mistake in their automatic form) and then started looking for tickets in the mail.

This works out really well because many of the dates for the first play doesn't work for us. So I'll try and nail dh down and book the first show, Arsenic and Old Lace. As well, we've effectively bought 8 tickets so could use 6 at once if we wanted to take the family to a show, unlike the national theatre, where I was locked into just the 2 of us.

The water is back on so I've cleaned up the kitchen. Dh took the garbage out. After 3.3 years, we've finally finished the first box of Costco kitchen garbage bags. The next box was already in the pantry. I estimated we'd run out 15 months ago based on amount of time it took us to get through the first box so bought the second box sometime in 2016!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:38 pm

oh sadie lovely to see you!

hi d kathryn again.

hi d elizabeth - my youngest loves kambucha (spelling very questionable) and I find it gross. She loves fresh made tea much better than bottled tea as well.

I read the will and
"will" ;) make one change. I have to get things to d brother to sign his part.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi!

Dh is in a very good mood and much less grumpy than yesterday. I didn't tell him, but I know he kissed me goodbye this morning. A very loving kiss when he got home from work. Whew! I was worried.

One of the ladies at my stitching group made me a marvelous triple chocolate cake!! It was really good. She sent a piece home for my dh, but he hates chocolate, so I will take it to a friend tonight. We need to go get our water jugs refilled. 7 18 litre jugs for $3.50 each. Takes us around 5 or 6 weeks to go through them. Sometimes less.

I guess I should check the cistern before Friday.

Tonight we had cauliflower soup again. I added smoked turkey meat and a lot more pepper this time. Yummy stuff. Dh added a few dashes of hot sauce.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Just before I lay down to nap ds arrived unexpectedly. And without laundry!

I asked how long he intended to stay ("until my shift") and so I asked if he was ok with my napping for 20 minutes and I went and lay down.

He stayed for supper, the steak was large enough for 4 so we were fine.

He brought me up to date with 2 of his friends, both facing tough times. The first is Surfer Dude and his divorce is very messy. Ds went over last night to drop something off at 10 and expected to drop something off at the hospital and then go home but ended up staying 3 hours talking to his friend. Then he dropped the thing at the hospital and hung around there for a while. One of the nurses asked what he was doing up at 3 in the morning and he said it was the middle of his day. He's on 6 night shifts in a row but that was his day off. No point switching to days. He went to bed at 4 and got up 12 hours later.

He was busy before a part shift yesterday, ferrying another friend's wife from hospital to hospital. She has cancer and started chemo yesterday. Of course, you can't do all your tests in one place. Testing is in the east end, the chemo is at our central hospital and her radiation will be at ds's hospital once she starts that. Their car broke down so ds was driving her around and her husband walked to work for the first part of the day and then picked up the repaired car and took her to the third appointment at ds's hospital.

So he was pretty tired from being a great friend and I think he needed to recharge with us. I was glad there was enough to feed him.

Terrible storms came through so walking club didn't happen. After I cleaned up dinner the rain cleared so we walked over to the store and got the turkey. Last day of the sale and I saved $13 with price matching so it was worth the walk!

I'm all sweaty now, though because it is humid out and my rain coat doesn't breathe.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Dinner is done dishes are rinsed & loaded.
I got the prune tree branches cut off to a reachable height.
Made yummy burger for hubby for dinner he was happy.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Wading through here -- not a bad day, just busy with the dgrands, etc. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone!
Like LadyM -- I'm a SHE addict and this is my sanity spot. I'm lost without my normal conversations with all of y'all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”