Wading through Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Wading through Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:33 am

It feels like we are knee deep in clutter wading through some of the stuff here this week yea for progress. How are you doing?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wading through Wed.

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:46 am

It isn't just clutter, or at least physical clutter.

I feel like I'm wading through a swamp with my responsibilities at times.

And not being able to avoid wading in on social media discussions is another huge issue I need to overcome. The only bright side there is I can't figure out why someone would be on instagram and twitter. Even though I try to stay only in the more positive or genuinely useful bits of Reddit, I let myself get caught up in negativity there as well as on Facebook.

Thanks for starting us off, Nancy.

I'm up because today is a dry day here. As in, no water in the building once more. So I need to s2s and get the water stored for the day before 9.

Having tea and chocolate now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:48 am

I'm up, puppy & personal care are done. Enjoying that first cup of coffee. DGD6 should arrive in about 5 minutes so I have paused my doings to wait for her to get here. Once she is here and fed breakfast then I'll return to my doings.

DH told me last night that if it was raining today he would install the new kitchen lights. Wednesday is typically my biggest baking day of the week but that isn't going to happen with DH on a ladder in the middle of the kitchen.

I didn't get the weekly cleaning done yesterday in the bathrooms so that tasks carried over to today
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:04 am

Well, these early posts have hit the nail on the head. Wading through... ... and yes, I'd say clutter, physical clutter. The project to completely re-do our office situation, which is encompassing all sewing as well right now, is what you would call "in-flux". :roll: Never in my life have I allowed items to collect on a staircase, and that rule has gone by the wayside for several days now.

The whole thing must stop in mid-situation, because today we need to finish all the prep for travel (including getting our car back from shop, which shouldn't have kept it this long). Dd19 will come hold down the fort here until Sat evening and then of course the usual intensity of Sunday/weekend starts up.

Big change in our thinking with the news from dfirstmil99. At some point, dd37's family MUST come home because of her grandmother's health (we had all agreed this weekend wouldn't work because of the symposium), and they need to stay here, so after getting home, a super push for organization will have to happen.

TaDa last evening was getting all our own household's Desk Day done early so it's off my mind.

Thinking ahead - tonight I'll S2Scrunchie and do my hair for the trip in the morning.
For now -
Figure out suitcase and tote today. Don't forget books, choose note-taking stuff.
Figure out instructions for having hard-copy of all the symposium handouts in advance.

Hi to maxsgrandma.

maxsgrandma2000

Postby maxsgrandma2000 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:07 am

Good morning to you Harriet!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 am

Hi.

Stitching group today and then off to get groceries at the same store I went to last week to try to get some more of the sales stuff they had last week.

I also need to get to the bank and pay 2 bills.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:36 am

praying for all who have been going through hardships yesterday.

I too am a SHE addict (loved that d lady) and am a CHAOS addict as well (d book)

Wishing everyone that they can free themselves of much the clutter (both physical and responsibilities) today

d harriet - those stairs are tricky - just when you think that they can't collect clutter those stinker of stairs start grabbing things when you are not looking and holding onto them. Stairs are like sticky tape - once something gets comfortable on them they don't want to let go.
we have a tricky sticky church bench in our front hall - laundry sticks to them (in other words I don't take the laundry upstairs)

at this time of the year I listen to the christmas cd from pam and peggy... it makes me laugh as well as helping me reminisce of what my christmases used to be like with my d children. I loved being their mom.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 am

Morning y’all...

Drinking coffee and off to start my morning routines. Need to do a small house blessing and get my office in order.

Also need to call eye dr to find out what my restrictions will be after surgery. I am seriously considering accepting a nine week subbing assignment but first need to find out if I will be able to drive one week after my surgery. Only having my one eye done so I am hopeful.

Off to get my morning started... waving to y’all... enjoy your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:15 am

RRose, thinking about you with upcoming eye surgery. I'm being mindful of that also.

My sight has changed so much I don't wear my glasses for long distance any more. Things are clearer without them, although everything is a bit too small. I still need them for reading and for the middle distance like computer. I've been trying to wait it out, but who knows. I don't want to go back to the optometrist who does my exam and refraction for glasses (I really like him) because I need an ophthalmologist for the cataract work and will ins. pay for both if I go to them too close together? So I've been waiting. Thought I'd wait till we quit working, but now I'm not sure.

Yeah wading. I waded through my desk chores today. The important ones are done so far.

My tummy and other places feel like I'm on a boat with sea sickness. And I need to go out and look at calculators. Checked one place, didn't have anything but little solar ones and I need a full sized one so I must try the office supply places. I'm trying to determine what we'll need in the future... I'll always need one at my main desk, but will DH and I both need the ones at the computer and his desk back here? Maybe not. If they're too expensive I'll not buy one and try to get by for 8 months.

Harriet, what did you ever do with your quilt studio? Don't you use it any more? If you don't wouldn't it make a dandy office?

Gotta get moving here. Have a nice day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:32 am

Harmony ...

My Medicare and AARP will cover my surgery costs. Because I had lasik surgery years ago there is an additional cost to address that with surgery. It will be a $400 additional cost to me.

I have a large solar calculator ... it’s about 8x10 inches. I use it all the time and it usually stays in n my desk drawer. Oh btw I believe it’s only 22 years old. Think I got my money’s worth out of it :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”