Wading through Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wading through Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:57 am

I have been wading through mental clutter this morning and decided not to do some errands as I was out and about yesterday. I need to saw off some on the plum tree branches so I can reach it from the ground to pick. Got hoses drained and put away yesterday, I need to put away sprinklers, wash hen watering buckets, spiff up the back yard. I was going to work on the sewing room but will wait for a rauny day after h gets my lite fixture in there. Bs was way up into ack land today. Out side exercise is great.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Good morning! The medicaid enrollment data cube is merrily processing away and my two DPCs are done. One requires no action and the other set up a time to deliver Briggs to the person who will take him to his echocardiogram. Last night we had Girls' Night In with homework. DD15 wanted to do takeout Chinese, but I had a feeling I was broke. After I reset up the computer (it had been in for a tuneup) and did all my financial chores, I knew I was right. Four days into the pay period and already nothing left, I had to borrow $300 from savings. My problem is that I keep borrowing it and can't pay it back. There is now less than 1k remaining. (Yes, I have other sources of $$$, but don't want to touch them). As I drove in today, I found my jacket in the train station parking lot where the carpool meets! Good thing too. I had pockets full of party invitations with my and my daughter's names, addresses, and phone numbers.

Tonight's focus: (1) cat transfer (2) party cleanup (3) sewing.

I think, based on things that happened in the past, that Kathryn may be right that he is "feeling you out to see if they can continue the friendship once people realize it is a non-traditional marriage". I could be wrong though ... that "sorta knows" part is a red flag. I reread the email and caught something I missed, he referred to "two girlfriends". He could be not married at all! I decided to ask. I really thought he was, but sharing a house and 20 cats is not the same as a marriage license. He has never been the type to brag on "getting some" and I don't know what any of the people involved are "up to". Why couldn't he just not say anything?

blessedw2: If people are behaving discreetly, I would not need to concern myself with anything because I would not KNOW anything. And neither would anyone else. If they want to have a secret, they need to keep it a secret. Whether it is an open marriage or an adulterous affair, it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS!!! And I don't want it to be. Harmony asked if I want to be in the middle of this and the answer is @#$%!!! no. With my x, a few people wondered, but were never sure. They decided they were making something out of nothing. My traveling companion friend suspected, but the xBFF convinced her she was imagining it. FWIW, the xBFF STILL does not believe they were having an affair, because the other woman told her they weren't. Even the x's own family knows it.

I'm sorry to hear that lilac will be on soft foods during Thanksgiving. At least stuffing and mashed potatoes will be possible.

LadyMaverick: In addition to the Boxcar Children, I liked the Bobsey Twins as a child. Also recommend Madeleine L'Engle books. DD and I love the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. Technically a fairy tale, but these fairies mean business. Don't mess with the LEP Recons! (Lower Earth Police, Reconnaissance Division).

lucylee: While I am sorry your family is having to deal with autism, maybe it would help to know DD15's take on it. She likes it, sees advantages to it, and does not want a cure.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Just realized I read but never posted today. Had rehab at 9am. Was just getting ready to leave at 8:15 and got a call. Needed to meet DS-A in town at a dealership and take him back to his shop. Made me about 5 minutes late -I'm almost always at least 15 minutes early. And I picked the longer way from his shop to rehab I found out later.

Went for about a 20 minute walk when I got home. Did some breathing exercises at rehab today. They're absolutely not easy with my left arm being what it is. I did do as much as I could. Told us to do them about 4 times a week. -on the 'off' days from rehab. I do find myself holding my breath all too often I think. Trying to retrain myself to breathe correctly.

Back at my project for today -emptying a file holder from the storage area. Sure some papers will go for shredding, many to trash and a few to keep. That's my project to complete today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Came to my quiet place to settle down. I had a bit too much excitement for me. While waiting on DS9 to finish his Math assignment I was replacing the glue traps in the school room. This is the only room in the house that we have crickets so I keep half dozen glue traps around the room to catch them. I reached under a low table to pull out a glue trap so I could put a fresh trap in its place. When I pull the trap out IT HAD A SNAKE ON IT! I had my hand an inch away from a LIVE SNAKE. It was stuck to the glue trap so couldn't bite me, but I didn't know that at the moment. I didn't know I could jump up and run so fast!

DH informed me that it was "only" a baby bull snake. I don't care what size or kind of snake it was. I don't want anything to do with a snake.....ESPECIALLY IN MY HOUSE.

I am a fan of glue traps. I have never used them until this past year. When I got them last fall, I put them in all the rooms and observed if they caught anything so I can know if there are spiders & bugs. I left the glue traps for weeks in all the rooms of the house and not caught anything. That gives me confidence. However, when the glue traps are in the garage or school room they get well used. The glue traps that I am using are about 34 cents each and I consider that well worth it to catch crickets AND A SNAKE.

>>>>talking to myself......calm.....think calm thoughts... Breathe......repeat.....<<<<<<<
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:45 pm

At lunch. Due to no water, I am at the fancy grocery store. They have a large selection of non traditional soda so I had flavoured sparkling water.

The wheel chair has been picked up. I also re-bandaged NotTheGirlfriend because she had back moles removed yesterday and one bandage came off in her sleep and she couldn't reach it. I love that she was comfortable with me helping her out.

I should go home now. Will use the facilities first and maybe pick up some meat for dinner.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Top 3 done today.
1 Paid bill
2 Rock drop w ddog short walk w her.
3 delivered book bag w wedding cake tiers etc. In it to dsons house
Update in J & C.

Sigh need to decide on next 3. Maybe a couple 6 min. Rounds.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm

I'm very sympathetic to Lady M. Have a seat, a glass of tea and fan yourself for a bit until you can close your eyes without seeing that snake!

I'm having a glass of ice tea now. There was 4 oz of tea leftover last night from my afternoon tea and I saved it. Put it in a glass with a splash of lemon juice and topped up with sparkling water and I'm loving it. I know my southern ladies are rolling their eyes at me now, but Ice Tea, as it is called here, is a sweetened abomination produced by Coke and Pepsi, not this simple, lovely, drink with virtually no calories and no sweetener. I will say this was made with leftover Irish Breakfast tea and tastes better than anything I've made with orange pekoe so I suspect the base tea made the difference.

I picked up a flank steak for dinner and came home and started the marinade. We'll start cooking at 5:30 after it has been soaking for several hours. I've also picked up some peppers and have a cucumber and tomato to add to that for our salad. Dh is looking forward to his dinner.

I'm going to have a nap now. I was only in bed 6.5 hours last night and am feeling it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:41 pm

I am spacing out through Wednesday. I had planned on doing errands with d mom but my d bro came into town - It threw my ADD into the wind - not good for me lol (I don't have the H in ADHD)

lack of focus-itis
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:47 pm

hi d kathryn
hi d dee
hi d lady
hi d max's grandma
hi d cathy
hi d rose
hi d harmony (sorry about your sea sick tummy)
hi d elizabeth (what an amazing dd you have! very cool)
hi d nancy
hi d harriet

hi d all.

I am going to read what the lawyer sent over. dh doesn't want to read it as it makes him sad; but thats okay as I am happy to do it.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Waving to all the dear ladies!

Rainy day here. DH has an app on his tablet that tell him the amount of rain that fell and he keeps calling out to me, over two inches and still falling.

DH played the song “Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain” and we both dance around for a few minutes. Growing older together can be fun.

Got the dailies done except read my books which I’ll do for a few minutes before heading to work. Spent some time sorting the living room shelves today. It has books, dvds and games on it..

Return to “Post When You Can”