Though This Be Madness, There's Method Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Though This Be Madness, There's Method Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 am

Lord Polonius [Aside]:
Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't. - from Hamlet

Dare to pursue your method, even if others shake their heads over you. Step out of comfort zones.

Surprise again with success, even with a plan that might not make sense to someone else.

You've done it so many times. You're a Homemaker.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Though This Be Madness, There's Method Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 am

Love this opening!

In my bullet journal I named today Full-thrust Thursday. I've taken to naming the days over my lists just like we name days here. In a way, it is using P&Ps Bound to be Organized discipline of defining the daily focus.

Anyway, I need full thrust here. To look at me, sitting on the couch with my feet up, still in my dressing gown, it doesn't look like I'm off to a good start.

Appearances can be deceiving. This madness contains method!

The service for Sunday is now complete. The sermon is half written with an outline of the second have in my notes but I have to do a bit more research on context. It is Thanksgiving so I'm assigned the thanksgiving passage which is the same every year. Which makes it harder to come up with a sermon. I've read over my past 3 sermons on Thanksgiving and while picking a verse for the Christ Candle lighting, came up with a sermon idea using the Epistle (which is on the 3 year cycle) so now I have to write a whole sermon.

I can't reuse my sermons because I have some sharp people who might remember them. I do reuse (but tweak) prayers because that's liturgy so I feel that is acceptable since the liturgy part is supposed to be familiar and traditional. Besides, I took a Thanksgiving opening prayer written by one person, and wrote additional prayers continuing that theme so it is a nice set to use each year. The hymns don't change either, these are ones we sing just once a year.

I'm off now to get my dressed and then breakfast. Dh is going out later and dropping me at the hospital for my blood test while he runs an errand. Then we'll run some more errands together and go visit dgs. He wants to see him and dd before he leaves for Barcelona.

Which reminds me, I need to see how things are in the streets there today.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 am

Hi.

Well, we have cancelled our Thanksgiving dinner with dd. Apparently Wayne is still upset and he doesn't want to entertain.

Whatever.

My day had started so well. Then I turned on the computer and saw his private message to me on FB.

I texted dd and cancelled Thanksgiving.

It's going to be a very long weekend around here.

House is tidy and dishes are done.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:03 am

I have fed animals did a sketch that needs ink sunrise was lovely going tobtry to capture sone of that color.
Sorry about the plans that changed Cathy.
I made the bed after the ddog messed it up.
Drank coffee.

Thinking of my next items.
I have a plan for dinner.
I have not s2s yet.
My breakfast now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 am

Lord Polonius [Aside]:
Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't. - from Hamlet

Dare to pursue your method, even if others shake their heads over you. Step out of comfort zones.

Surprise again with success, even with a plan that might not make sense to someone else.

You've done it so many times. You're a Homemaker.
I LOVED THE WHOLE THING!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:17 am

That's what I need: a Method to the madness instead of flittering here and there.

I have been back on my card file but I also have to use time limits otherwise I get lost because of my ADD.

I wish you d kathryn, d harriet, d cathy, d nancy and all that come in a wonderful day

I love being a mom, a wife and a homemaker (well I want to be like my d sil - her house is full of warmth and everything has a place)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:38 am

Slow moving here but breakfast is made and consumed. Making breakfast (french toast) is the price I had to pay for running out of my normal breakfast of yogurt. Thankfully, lunch is leftovers so just assembly, no cooking involved.

Now to s2s.

This is the time of day I usually my diet softdrink so I'm feeling edgy. Never got the killer headache from aspartame withdrawal, though so that's a blessing. I feel pressure in my head but no blinding headache.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:40 am

Progress made here! I turned off madness on the news so I could focus. I have clothes in the washer going now, spiffed up master bed room a bit. I've had my breakfast. Dumped the trash. Rounded up boxes for items I will be loading up to go to the thrift shop next. S2s happened. I finished a dish cloth I was knitting on.

Next up switch clothes over. I need to go to change $ to diff. Denomination. Address 2 envelopes, get roast in the crock pot for dinner.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:07 pm

hi d kathryn and d nancy again!

heading out to do errands
morning dailies done except for my walk with dh and vacuuming first floor.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:42 pm

today's hope
errands
dinner
walk
dogs
french
bible study