Though This Be Madness, There's Method Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Though This Be Madness, There's Method Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Break Time! Oh man......I really REALLY need a SHE fix. It's one of those days that I just want to soak up your essence and carry you with me.

DH installed the new lights in the kitchen and they look FANTASTIC. The installation ended up being a little more excitement than we had planned on though. DH and I were both up in the attic when he accidentally hooked onto a hot water pipe and broke it. HOT WATER everywhere. Hot water in the attic.....dripping through the ceiling and onto the floor in multiple rooms. I was first to come down the attic ladder so I went directly to the Hot Water Heater to turn the valve off. NO VALVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the time I discovered that, DH had come down the attic ladder and he went outside and turned the water off to the whole house. While DH was doing that I turned all the hot water faucets in the house on trying to divert as much of the Hot water from the busted pipe as I could. Needless to say....we had a mess to clean up. We still do. I pulled wet insulation out of the attic area (insulation is about a foot thick) and put it into tubs to dump. There are areas that got wet that we can't see (inside floor and walls). I have multiple fans going to try and dry as much of it up as we can. I don't know how this will end up. Probably will mean a new kitchen ceiling and maybe replacing some walls. I keep telling myself that this was not a problem - just an inconvenience. and frustration. A problem is something that can't be fixed. This can be fixed.

Homeschool Day #67 happened. I am a bit shocked how easy homeschool is now. I have things organized so they can still happen on really hectic days.

I spent 2 hours at public school with DS9 today. He had lunch and recess with his friends.

About a dozen of "the girls" on DH side of the family gathered for lunch today. We celebrated DAunt birthday. It was a fun time.

After picking up DGD6 from school, I took her to get her first haircut. For the first time EVER, DGD6 wanted to cut her waist length hair. DD said to let DGD6 decide how she much she wanted to cut off. DGD6 told me that she wanted her hair cut the same as her BFF. I texted the BFF Mom and asked for her to send me a picture of BFF hair. That made it sooo easy. DGD6 pointed to her BFF picture on my phone and told the stylist that is what she wanted her hair to look like. Her waist length hair is now shoulder length. DGD6 is thrilled. It's fun to see how kids think. They don't see race or difference in people. DGD6 says she looks like her BFF now. Her BFF is Asian and DGD6 is blonde ...and hot pink...YES STILL. They physically look nothing alike.......except in DGD6 mind they are twins.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:15 pm

I have a picture of my BFF and I, wearing the matching sweatshirts my sister brought us from Disney World, with my hair pulled back into a pony tail and my bangs plastered back so I'd look just like my blonde friend who's hair was a good foot longer than mine!

Thanks to her persistence, we are still friends, I've known her longer than anyone else on earth except for dUnc and my sister. I have older cousins but because I grew up so far from them and because I'm so shy, I didn't get to know them until my teens and young adulthood.

Dh and I went for a walk to pick up my henna. We both came back all sweaty. Finally talked with the man who was attacked by a fox in the woods next to our building. It is an informal off-leash dog park and his dog took off after the animal and it stood its ground. He intervened and the fox went at him. I had heard the story from others but don't believe things like that until I meet the actual person. Or a paramedic that treated that person (although I don't think he was treated by anyone, just in general that's my standard.) Rumours can get out of hand and I know this person so am still not sure exactly what he says happened actually happened. He only lives on the 5th floor so the elevator chat was short. On the other hand, I heard howling last night.

To get 10K steps on a normal activity day (decent amount of housework, not a binge watch or binge surf day), I need to walk 3 miles and I make up the remaining 2500 steps around the apartment, including trips downstairs for errands to the mail room or the car or the garbage.

Tonight's walk was just under 2 miles and my walking around with dgs plus the walk from the hospital to the mall made up the the third mile. Once I get the kitchen tidied up and the laundry finished, I'll be just at 10K. But I'm short from Tuesday so I don't know if I'll make my average for the week. I think I'm going to need 12K each day for the rest of the week, not likely to happen given I'm preaching on Sunday and have the big dinner on Saturday. Neither of those days will likely be 10K days unless I spend an hour or more just walking around.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:33 am

Loved the quote, Harriet, and wanted to get in here for some SHE-therapy all day long... but it was not to be.
And I only THOUGHT I was having a bad day... oh my... ((((((LadyM)))))) & ((((((LordM)))))). What a mess that must be... As usual, you have such a wonderful attitude about everything, LadyM. I wish I could be more like that.

I'm just tired today... and tired of everybody. (Except y'all!)

:arrow: DGD was here from around 10:00 am till about 6:00 pm...
:arrow: Walked 1.4 miles with her in her stroller.
:arrow: and we picked up dgs at school so he was here from 3:00-6:00. DGS had an accident and I had to wash his underwear. :? Very unusual for this to happen, but he had it happen once at school a few weeks ago and now once here. He said he wasn't close enough to the bathroom. That's ridiculous, b/c we have a bathroom right in the middle of the house, as well as one on each end of the house. I think he was just wanting to go outside to play and tried to "hold it," maybe told himself he didn't have to go THAT bad. * sheesh *
:arrow: Phone man was here from around 1:00 pm till maybe 4:00?
:arrow: Dcousin's husband, the appliance repairman, was a no-show for the trash compactor, but she called to tell me he had the stomach virus and asked if I wanted him to try to come anyway. I declined. She said his brother, who works with him, had missed the last two days of work b/c of it, and I figured I did NOT need to take the stomach virus to College Town, along w/dh & dgs.
:arrow: Talked to dmom, went to town to get dmom a gift card to give to dfriends for a wedding anniversary gift. I don't know WHY dmom can't do this herself; she is coming to my house this weekend to get the card and then to the friends' house. She has to pass the restaurant to get to my house and the friends' house. * shaking my head... *
:arrow: DDIL came to get them and was aggravated b/c they "had to" eat their canned peaches before they left, which was quite a mess, but dgs had asked so nicely for some peaches that dh didn't want to refuse him, even though we knew ddil was on her way. PLUS, ddil called on her way home and complained complained complained b/c "(DS) doesn't do ANYTHING except laundry & dishes and he should be helping dgs do his homework and stuff when he's home with him; he doesn't think about the fact that I'm out of the house 40-50 hours a week... and he won't make dgs pick up his toys," Yada Yada Yada. I could have pointed out that ds himself will have been out of the house approx 85-90 hours this week and it's nice that someone is willing to do laundry & dishes. Sheesh. But I bit my tongue.
Then she said SHE was NOT helping dgs pick toys up, b/c SHE didn't get them out, and he just had to learn that it was his job to put them up.
Well, yes, that is true... but I told her she needed to do it WITH him and TEACH him, b/c that was where I failed w/ds.
Hmmm... she did not appreciate that bit of advice and said she would just get off the phone b/c "I know how to teach my child to put up his toys."
Well. All righty then. I have not seen any evidence of this teaching, but have at it. (This was what I THOUGHT. I did NOT say THIS at all. OUCH. Bit my tongue AGAIN.)
Come to think of it, I don't know if there is any METHOD to anything around here, or just simple MADNESS. :roll:

:arrow: Talked to dbil re: weekend, dh's health, church meeting, etc.

I was so tired I could barely stand to clean up the kitchen and pick up the toys that were left out around here, and get my clothes together for dh to pack for the weekend, but I did, and then dh and I went to a movie. :shock: TWICE in one week. The most NORMAL week we've had all year, I guess. Woo hoo!!!
:arrow: On the way to the movie, ddil called to see if we could keep dgd on Thursday night b/c she & dgs may be riding with dgs's class in the local homecoming parade. DGD didn't seem NEARLY so ticked off at me during this phone call. ;)

I still have to get some things together for the weekend, and then I may not MOVE until noon tomorrow, when I will have to get up and get going again.

(((Cathy)))

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”