Though This Be Madness, There's Method Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Though This Be Madness, There's Method Thursday

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Good morning! Yesterday at 4:20, I homed in on a problem affecting the bane report. I leave at 4:30. It won't be an issue in version 2 of the database, but it is now. It's a date conversion issue and those are always a pain in the tailbone. I just implemented the fix in the report and now have to test it. It would be so nice if it works!

Last night, I did get the cat delivered. He is going in for cardiac testing today and we hope to figure out how to help him and what is the prognosis. I really don't want inconclusive. I don't care WHAT the test says, as long as it says SOMETHING. Even if it says he will die within a month (a possibility), we want to know what to do (or not do). I was so hungry after the delivery, I could not wait to drive home, so stopped off for biscuits and gravy. Didn't need to spend the money, but didn't need a blood sugar migraine either. At home, I looked for my dolls' Halloween costumes. Found only one complete. Another is missing altogether. One is missing the shirt and one shoe. I still cannot find my Time Traveler doll costume, which I would finish if I could ever locate it.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out, which needs to be in for financial reasons. Then I need to do a few chores and alternate between sewing and party cleaning. No errands, thank goodness! It's very rainy here, hope my roof doesn't leak. I have until the 12th to get all the weeds done at my house according to the notice on my front door. Much progress has been made, but more to come.

No drama yet today. Truly hope that continues.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Definitely madness here. Have been lost in la la land, sorting through Evernote and tagging. And why was it I thought I needed to do this today?

s2s
make the bed
walk the dog
start a lol
lunch/meds/vitamins
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 pm

I did an errand check for things at the store but the sale was over. Got the roast in the crock pot for dinner.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:52 pm

Surprise, surprise! More tears at our house. I responded to W's PM on FB and he drove home. I was sobbing, he had tears on his face.

Seems a lot of the misunderstanding is that his hearing is getting worse and he can't do anything about it. Hearing aids don't work. I have a quiet voice and I am passive by nature, so YELLING isn't what I do. I actually tried last week. It just gives me a sore throat.

Being that W also goes by body language and lots of guessing, maybe I should just always put things in writing, because we sure got our points across this morning.

Supper is eggs and toast and whatever else. Bacon! I have some bacon that needs to be used up.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Done visiting with dgs. He says outhsigh with a solid o but almost literally a sigh and he points to the door or stands against it saying outside repeatedly. He only wants to walk and keeps saying outside while I walk him around. He can't stand or walk on his own so I will probably have a sore back in a few days.

He crinkles up his nose when I put him on the ground which is both cute and annoying.

Now to run errands.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Wow, those errands went really well. We were stuck on the highway for a long time but dh dropped me at the hospital, he went to our safety deposit box, 3 miles down the road and since I was finished before he even arrived, I walked to a nearby mall and arrived just seconds before he pulled into the mall.

We stopped and picked up pizza for dinner. While the order was being prepared, I hit the discount grocery store next door and stocked up on loss-leaders.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

The bane report is STILL a pain in the tailbone. It's closer, but there are still discrepancies. I THINK it may be a boundary effect issue. Inventory adjustments made on the last day of the month are not being picked up, but WHY???

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Just returned for my final walk of the day. I'm trying a new tactic to get my 10,000 steps in. So far I like it and it's working (albeit only 3 days so far). Got 10,000 in yesterday and 10,700 today. My legs and hips are tired, but I need to keep at it.

Dh has gone to the nearby town to watch son of dcampmanager play. He'll supper when he gets back. I already had mine. I'm trying not to snack at all (unless I need to bring up my BS a bit) and I was super hungry.

Glad you got dgs time, Kathryn, Think mine is on his way to your city as I type. DS-A said this morning they were going to CA this afternoon and I'm sure that means time with their friends in your neck of the woods.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:14 pm

What are you doing, Dee -- to get 10,000 steps?
I walked 1.4 miles this morning, but I need a lot more than that to get to 10,000!

Busy with grands again today... and telephone Man... and went to town to purchase gift card for dmom to give friends for anniversary gift..
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:26 pm

I am restarting flylady with Diane in Denmark on U tube. Sink needs attn.
Finally found the letter after looking sll over it was in the letter tin, smh. Did get the 2 letters done and ready to go out tomorrow.

They are building a ramp for mom.

Return to “Post When You Can”