Flying Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Flying Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:35 am

Flylady was a big part of the SHE village before founding her own city and many of us still appreciate and practice her wisdom.

I hope you can fly through the day, making quick progress and not getting caught up in the ground-level distractions and traffic jams (both literal and figurative.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Flying Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:37 am

Dh is literally flying today. I think I have to have him to the airport by 5:45. He wants to eat here first instead of eating in Montreal before his overseas flight.

Geez, I wonder if he checked in yet.... It is a horrible plane so finding a good seat is really hard.

*poof*

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 am

How far is the airport from you?

I'm slowly getting ready to head out to rehab in about 1 hour. It's drizzling out so am wondering how/where I'll get my 10,000 steps in today. May have dh let me in the rec hall this afternoon -unless it clears up.

Dh is going to the home opener of the Amerks (hockey) game tonight with a friend from here. He usually asks dh to go to the opener with him -he has season tickets.

DD posted last night on FB that she received two packages at school yesterday. One was marked "violent cutter" -in a school? Actually it should have read: "vinyl cutter". The other was marked "cocaine" and some other wording -forget what. But it actually was 100 stylus pens. Think quality control in the mail departments is needed. :roll:

Dh came home from the football game last night chilled to the bone. He just couldn't quit shaking -very unusual for him.

Off I go, on with the day. I'll be 'flying' through from time to time. Wishing Ken a smooth and easy flight!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:57 am

The airport is 2x as close as it was but due to city traffic, it still takes 25 minutes to get there on a good day and probably 45 during rush hour.

I've checked him in. I had bid on an upgraded seat for $405 dollars and it was not accepted. When I checked dh in, I upgraded him for $311. This is an example of our airline's IT system. Oh, and dh never got a check-in email even though one should be sent at the 24 hour mark which was 8 p.m. yesterday (it is 24 hours before the last flight in the trip leaves.)

I got out of bed at 7 but woke up at 6. By 8 I had made the bed and got the henna into my hair. I was going to have both tea and my breakfast during the hour wait but then I realized I had to check in dh and that took 30 minutes. I'll go finish the colouring job now and then eat.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:05 am

I am walking around the block w dfriend M in a few minutes. Her R uby had torn a dewclaw so they are taking it easy.

Trying to decide whether to decamp to library or try to get stuff done here. I know what I want to do.... :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 am

I slept 9hrs and 55 minutes last night! Unheard of for me to sleep this long. I forgot to plug my phone into the charger last night and it turned itself off during the night. That meant my alarm didn't go off this morning. Thankfully DH was up to welcome DGD6 early this morning. DH said the puppy wanted to go outside so he was up doing puppy care when DGD6 arrive. DH took care of DGD6 until I woke up.

Today's Big Rocks -
** Finish clearing wet insulation out of the attic.
** DGD6 and DS9 care
** Taking kids to a local Pumpkin Patch to play and explore
** Start watching SFR movie with kids
** FNG meets tonight in our home. I need to do about 15 minutes of prep for that. I think our normal 16 people will be decreased tonight to about a dozen.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:29 am

d kathryn You poofed with style
hi d dee good morning
have fun walking around the block d twins. (so sorry r uby) tore a dew claw (I love that .. .I know what I want to do!)
d lady... well done on the sleep! have fun at the pumpkin batch.

hello everyone!!!

My day:

french (I haven't been to lessons in a month because what was happening with d mom)
bible study: missed last week
errands
make soup/dinner
phone call dr. me
laundry put away dance
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:34 am

Hi!

W is home today.

We had an exterminator come and spray the wasp nest on the out side of one of our bedroom windows overlooking the driveway.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:50 am

Back after a couple rough days. I know what triggers my plumbing problems, but still I give in and eat some of that. When will I learn. :roll:

Wed. managed to get out and look at calculators. I still can't decide. 8 months is a long while to wait...but in reality it is over a year I will be needing to do all this desk work. I checked 2 places, couldn't decide what to do. My current broken one is only 5-6 years old. The one in the office is over 10 but I don't use it that heavily. I will wait a bit longer till I can decide. It shouldn't be that hard to decide. I did look at little solar/battery ones for back here if I take this one to my desk. That might work.

I did finally get ribbons for this one and I changed that this morning, now I can read the numbers on the tape! I was going to change it a long while ago and DH looked at the tape and said it didn't need it. Yes it did. But in the meantime the ribbons got dried out and didn't print so I bought new.

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't important. (LadyM) leaks in the attic and replacing drywall and insulation - that's important. OMGoodness I'm glad that hasn't happened around here. I just went out and looked and we DO have a shut off valve.

I'm doing a mini-conga here. Stuff's pretty piled up. Got laundry going and sheets changed. And dailies done. I guess that's some flying.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:54 am

Hair is done. I took the time to flat iron it since that makes it look shinier. I think it looks better and am glad i took the time.

Dh found the Euros after I found the piece of paper that convinced him we had Euros. I still want him to take out 400 more once he's there 'just in case'.

I've started a load of towels and have had multiple snacks. I need to get going on the dining room prep since I need dh to help me with that.

(I'm ignoring the elephant in the room, the half finished sermon.)

Return to “Post When You Can”