Flying Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Flying Friday

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:50 am

Morning...

Well my next few days have taken an interesting turn. I have been personally requested by the principal and staff at the school I sub for to take a long term subbing assignment that will last 9’weeks. Normally I say no to such requests, but this unique situation so I said yes.

It will be a difficult task, but one I am excited abt. The ED teacher ... emotionally disturbed ...had to resign so to health issues. AZ, like many states has a shortage of Sped teachers. The principal of the school has found a replacement, but she is still a student teacher who will take over the classroom after she graduates in Dec.

I have been working at this school for three years so the principal knows my reputation with difficult kids. She also knows that during my ten years of teaching in Mobile, the University of South Al’s Special Ed Dept used me to train student teachers and interns. I did the same here for ASU. So she asked if I would take this assignment to work with this student teacher and set up and run the ED classroom. The bonuses are my classroom will be next to my bf and a teacher I co-taught with and I will also be working with a group of wonderful teachers that I already know.

So hi ho, hi ho it’s off to work I go, but not before I have my cataract surgery on Monday. Sweetie has been kind enough to drive me to work the following week if need be. Big deal cause it’s a 40 mike round trip and the morning commute is killer during that time and he hates to drive in it.

Now I need a bullet journal for work... I love the one I am using but I can’t duplicated it, nor can I tear out the pages I have already used ... I have too much personal information to do that. Looked on line yesterday but couldn’t find one to my liking. Later this morning I am going to go back to where I bought this one to see if I might find another one. If not then I will need to design my own. Not a big deal but need to do it now cause I’m not sure what my eye sight will be like next week.

Off to start my day... both pups are sleeping at my feet while I finish my coffee and Perry. After that it’s off to see the wizard. Fall is definitely here.. the temps aren’t much cooler, but the state fair starts today :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Slept in till 8 I never do thst bs is up to ackland. Fighting a sinus thing must have needed my rest. Fed hens & ddog. I spiffed up kit and sinks. Tossed 2 things. 1st 3 done yea. Putting my card info. on my bujo (bullet journal) next up I need a list of missions.

Rock painting is 1 yr. Old here now. I did not start till Feb. I am not painting need to pay attn. To my baby steps 1st.

Last night I did another round on my sewing zome room rescue and have made significant projress in there yea. Bit by bit I am making progress. Journaling is dobe did that last night. Was up in the nite with the dog put away a few things on the counter.

I got the dishes on the top shelf down iffed jp a bit packahed up and loaded in to the trunk to go to the thrift shop next time the car is dowm town. Yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Rosie, while I agree you can't know what your eyesight will be like, my dad's was better, starting the night of his surgery.

The table is all set with dishes, cutlery and glasses. I need to figure out how we'll serve the food. With 16 it might be most efficient to place all food in the centre of the table and have us all stand at our place, and slowly circle the table serving ourselves and then sit down when we all end up back at our place. Once people are seated, you can't get around the table.

I'm debating removing all decoration off the table because I'm not sure we'll have room for all the food. There are 5 - 6 kinds of vegetable, 2 meats, one pasta and bread of the first course. On the other hand there is 12' of space down the centre of the table if I take off the decorations. I like to leave candles on because I think dgs like them. I will like the ones on the side and could put the other out on my desk or elsewhere as decoration.

Dh and I walked over to the other building and picked up folding chairs. While we were gone, our window was caulked. Now that the workers are below me I can hear them talking so I never know if it is them or dh talking to me.

I need to have something for a lunch and then dh and I will go for a walk.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi everyone! I am working on yet another potential solution for the bane report. I HATE that report. Last night Girls' Night Out was at the library. DD15's hold had come in. I have done some DPCs and registered for a dance class. Last night, I wrote up an article for the animal org newsletter about Briggs' recent medical troubles and got some books to give a friend. Tonight, I will be having dinner with that friend. Then I will retrieve Briggs, who will be happy to know the vet has not cleared him to go back to clinic until we hear from the cardiologist. Yes, my foster cat has a cardiologist. Following that, my evening focus will be party cleanup with occasional forays into sewing.

There are only two more weekends until party time! I will be FLYing big time, with FlyLady's crisis cleaning. Her influence can also be found in my before bed routine (with checklist and everything) and my launch pad. The goal is to have all cleanup done the day before the party and spend the day of decorating and arranging food. I wish I still had a fogger, but mine broke.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Back from walk with dh. Just transferred his boarding pass to this computer and printed (can't print from my other computer.)

Earlier I made the place cards and assigned the seating at the table. Still need to put out the napkins. I'm spending a lot of time just staring at the table.

I'm going to reboot this computer now because it is really not working well.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Just got home. W wanted to get on the road and go do stuff today. Hopefully that means we will stay home tomorrow. There is a MAJOR road closing and awful traffic fall festival craft fair in the town just to the east of us. We will most likely get traffic in our area because people from out of town (ie Toronto) will most likely got lost or just drive up and down looking at the vineyards, wineries and farmer's fields. It's very pretty around here.

We just got home. W bought me a dozen roses from Sobeys and when I took the plastic sleeve off, EVERY SINGLE LEAF fell off of all of the roses. Thankfully they were on sale. I have never seen that happen before.

We went for Vietnamese for lunch, so we are both really stuffed. I can hear W snoring over at his computer. I think I might go for a nap.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Just as I sat down to take my break with a diet pepsi h called to say he is off for the week. I just finished sweeping and mopping yea for progress! :mrgreen: Not flying here today but making steady progress w baby steps they are helping maybe fluttering a bit. My hair is combed out clean and dry wearing it down.

TV is off and I have done zero crafting today no knitting, or rock painting. I did listen to a sketching u tube and some on decluttering while tackling the top shelf of the kitchen getting that china ready to go. I cannot use it in the microvave bc of the silver trim so have not used it in like 4 yrs. None of the family wanted it. So I am either going to get something I like and will use or just have space freed up I cannot reach that top shelf any way.

So ddog & I headed outside to wait for h. W my dp. Latet ddog & I went to do a rock drop and a short walk.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 pm

At dinner. Just got word our refugees arrive in Canada on Nov 14 and will continue on to Ottawa the next day. Dh is so excited he wants to meet them in Montreal and drive them back in the morning!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Home.

Watched an episode of Nashville.

Finished the vacuuming (since I can't do that tomorrow if ds is sleeping here.)

Mopped the floors.

Collapsed some boxes to take down to the recycle room (which I'll do tomorrow.)

I'll try and finish the sermon now, but am not in the mood.

Still to do today in no particular order after finishing the sermon:

Wash the dishes
Tidy the kitchen
Fold two loads of laundry and put away.
Eat my pie from dinner (optional)
Make rice krispy squares. (not optional)

Hmmm, I can do all that while watching an episode of Nashville if I move the computer to the kitchen. There's hope I'll get this done!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Went down to the Pub for their closing party (i.e. they cooked up all the food still there and you could have your pick.) Bad mistake, ate too much: French fries, shrimp, fish, small piece of pizza, deep fried mushrooms. Just too much of a good thing.

Concerned about dh. He took a serious tumble in the shop today. His wrist at dinner time was quite swollen -he had trouble just putting his handkerchief in his pocket. I announced we were going to urgent care in the morning if it's not better. His response was he just can't, he has to many people depending on him. (Does all this sound familiar, LucyLee?). I usually don't have a problem getting him to the Dr. and he'll usually ask me to make an appointment. And of course this has to be the bad arm to boot.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”