Saturday Simplicity

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday Simplicity

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:57 pm

how are you feeling about the FNG pause?

We knew it would (will) eventually end. There is only one other person in the group that is younger than me. We are calling it a "pause" while a couple of regulars focus on health issues. One is doing care for a family member that is in the final stage of cancer and the another FNG member is going to have surgery. Neither of them is up for hosting the group.

How did your DS9 do at your DDs?

He did very well. Since DGD6 is here so often, DS9 is used to being with her at night. They don't sleep in the same bed, but they do frequently sleep in the same room. DGD6 has a raised twin bed at her home with an area to play underneath. DS9 slept on the floor under DGD6 bed. DS9 said DD told him that she was going to get him a bed. DD lives just a few blocks from us and I think that gave DS9 confidence to stay there. He knows he can walk home if he needs to.

DH and I decided today that we are going to get DS9 a phone. We want him to be able to call/text us anytime. I have a couple old phone that I'll be charging and checking to see if they will work for DS9 to use. Once I confirm they will work then I'll buy a case for them and activate the phone.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:34 pm

I think I've found an old phone that will work for DS9. It is charged now but I need to see if the battery will hold a charge. It has been sitting unused for 5 years so anything is possible.

I have been tweaking BuJo again as I am planning the coming week. Is it a productivity tool or an addiction? I almost never use a page template without tweaking it in some way. All this tweaking does keep my attention and I do use it every day. I really REALLY like the current layouts. But I keep finding ways to make it better each time I use it. I do know that there is NO WAY I could remember to do all these things if they weren't documented so I can be reminded what to do on what day at what time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Thanksgiving is over. Quiet here at last.

I've just reread the sermon and printed off the service with the changes.

The first load is through the dishwasher. I'll unload it to the table now and then start the next load. If I hurry, I won't be too bed too late.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:38 pm

And so it was... fairy simple today. ;)
Up MUCH too early...
and dgs was slightly more "combustible" than usual at the ballgame, but only slightly...
and dh is not feeling too great now, but he messed up and took his afternoon dose of meds VERY close to the time he took his morning meds, so we're thinking * hoping! * that accounts for the problem. (He is feeling extremely urgent need to urinate, but unable to produce much, if that's not TMI. He's about to panic, fearing his kidneys are messed up again, but I keep telling him to just give it some time, try to relax, and maybe by tomorrow he'll get meds regulated again.)

We are all sooo tired. Very little sleep last night, dh & I both napped a little coming home/driving in shifts, but still... I bet we sleep well tonight. At least, I will, if he doesn't keep me up all night with his problem and his panic over it.

Happy Thanksgiving to Kathryn and Cathy -- those are our only Canadian SHE's, right?

So happy ds9 is doing so well, LadyM, but considering his circumstances, I certainly think you are right in wanting him to have a phone.

IKWYM re: constant tweaking a plan and wondering if it is making you more productive or just serving as an addiction.
I came across C lean M ama's site the other day and I love her printables, and her $50 daily planner (but not NEARLY enough to pay $50 for it!!!) and I'm constantly trying to figure out SOMETHING new that will make me Just Do It. I think that is the difference between you and me, LadyM -- you seem to be DOING a LOT. I just THINK about doing. A lot. :oops:

So glad your dggs is getting to get out and see & be seen, Lilac!

Waving to ALL!!!

Need to get dgs in the bath. I don't know what it will take to tire him out... shaking my head...
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:38 pm

LadyM, that is wonderful that DS9 had the confidence to stay at DDs. I think the phone is a good idea for there or anywhere else. I often think how much easier my life would have been when I was raising my girls, if they would have had a phone. As far as your FNG, I think that is amazing that it has lasted so long and has been such a blessing to all of you.

Tonight dd1, dgs23 and I started off on our walk. A few blocks into our normal route there were police cars, ambulance and a fire truck.They had some cone things blocking the street, so that cars couldn't go that way. We crossed the street planning to just walk on by. We thought it was a fender bender. We had just passed the cones when an officer told us we couldn't go that way. Just as he was telling us that, dd1 said that there was something covered up with a white sheet. We immediately turned and headed the other way. I didn't see anything and I am thankful I didn't. There was a teenage guy that had walked that way, he leaved right there. He told us that it was a motorcycle accident. Then a pickup pulled up and they asked him what was happening and he said that the motorcycle was in the middle of the car. We are just sick to think that someone lost their life on a city street while riding a motorcycle. Both dd1 and dgs23 asked at the same time if dh was at home. Yes, he was. After we got back from a walk on a different route, dd2 called to see if her dad was home. Dgd21 had seen something about this accident on FB and they were concerned. After dgd21 found out her grandpa was safe, she was concerned about several friends from school that ride a blue motorcycle.

I hope I am not coming down with a cold but I have such a dry throat that I feel like it is a possibility.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm heading off to bed now. Just have to start the washer. I won't run it all night, just start it and let the table cloth soak to get some of the stains out. It is cotton so does stain and is lacy so isn't easy to scrub clean like linen is (but less ironing!)

The table is still huge but I hope ds can help me shorten it. He's sleeping here tomorrow for some reason.

I have indigestion so am not sure what sort of night I will have.

Return to “Post When You Can”