Saturday Simplicity

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday Simplicity

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am

Wishing simple things for everyone today.

CathyS

Re: Saturday Simplicity

Postby CathyS » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:35 am

Hi!

We weren't thinking that we needed any groceries this morning. Hoping we wouldn't have to venture into the insanity which is part of going into most stores on a long weekend. With Thanksgiving being on Monday here north of the border, stores will be closed. MOST stores will be closed. Loving the fact that we can jump on the highway and get down to Niagara Falls if we absolutely need to.

So we got some cheese, milk, bread and crackers. How did we forget those things yesterday when we were in and out of stores for most of the day.

Believe it or not... we got home now and forgot that W wanted to get me a package of Oktoberfest sausages because he got himself some hot Italian sausages yesterday and I won't eat them. So out he goes again!! Plus we ran out of popcorn last week, and we both love a big bowl of popcorn that has been popped on the stove with salt and butter on top. He doesn't have to get the popcorn, but he most likely will.

I ran the dishwasher last night and put a massive pot into the sink to soak. I don't want to deal with it, but I should.

I'm also getting a load of laundry started.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:45 am

I am working on revamping my system in a bujo having info. In here is very helpful! Adding take vitamrns have the psckey of em by ghe coffee maker, that is next up. I slept well. Finishing up yhe last dish cloth in this set for fund raiser.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:46 am

Progressing well here.

Overnight, my main laptop failed its diagnostic test (just a full crash, no results) so I ran the tests individually this morning and it is the video test that crashes. I have a ream of notes for the service guy who I will call on Tuesday. In the meantime, the computer sort-of works and everything is being backed-up all the time. I'm splitting my time between this computer and my old one. Makes life interesting since many of the keys are in different places.

Dd will come over early in the day.

I'm still not dressed.

The turkey is on.

Lists are made up and I feel reasonable in control.

Ds is asleep in the spare bedroom. I'm doing his 2 loads of laundry for him.

Next up, get dressed. Then clean the bathrooms.

The whole apartment is basically perfect except the living room although I made major progress on the papers piled in here while waiting for the tests to run. So, if need be, everything can be dumped into the roll-top but I'd prefer to put things away in an organized fashion. We'll see how my time works out.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:03 pm

Home early from our trip because of the flurry of calls about dfirstmil (J and C). We couldn't rest last night with so many thoughts, and decided to leave early. Dd and family may need our house for a "base" a lot earlier than we might have thought. We had intended to have a slow day of enjoying the area today, but that's okay. We did have a bit of a touristy evening last night.

The Symposium was very educational - long and tiring to meet all the requirements, but fascinating. Some remarkable speakers flew in from all over the country, as did many attendees. We were told that 70 hopefuls were turned away, so since I knew there were about 30 seats left when I reserved mine, they must have sold out fast. I have a couple dozen pages of notes and lots of printed matter that I haven't gotten to read. I'll have a certificate coming later, and 7 hrs of continuing education credits.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Never got to the kitchen or the laundry. Dh needed help loading a couple of things onto the truck to take to donate. One was a mirror that attaches to the back of a dresser. We no longer need it.

He also had the new burn barrel going and wanted me to burn some stuff and keep it hot until he got back. I even burned a hideous tablecloth that a friend insisted would look great on my kitchen table. It was pink and covered in those geese from the 80's. It burned very quickly.

NOW I need to get to the laundry.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Dgs is here now working on his lunch. He wanted out of the high chair so he's eating off the floor now. Glad I washed it last night!

We've got him in the kitchen with the doors shut to keep things quiet for ds's sleeping. Unfortunately, he'll be napping in the room next to dgs so may be noisy as he goes down. He is certainly noisy now but happy noises.

The living room is almost perfect now.

Next up, pick out 5 photos that represent thankfulness over the past year. Dgs is one, eclipse is another, my apartment is another, but not sure about the others. There's so much it is hard to limit it to just five.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:33 pm

DS9 and I went to our very first Volksmarch this morning. I am a complete fan of that type of event. I signed up to attend more.

I am going to take it easy the rest of the day (as easy as a person can while still monitoring 2 children).

DH is installing water valves on the Hot Water Heater. Hopefully, we will never need them. But it sure would have been nice to have them earlier this week when the HW pipe broke in the attic.

A couple events quietly happened this week.
Event #1 - DS9 stayed the night with DD.
Event #2 - Friday Night Gang has decided to pause our weekly meeting until April. We have been meeting together weekly since 2003.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Back from town got a timer that clips on, and a kit. timer, and trying out my new shoes.
White clog like the nurses wear, if the work I will get a black pr for winter too.

Groc. Are put away. I am on a 15 min. Break to test out this timer. Had to hunt up the eye glass repair kit to get the battery going. Got pen refill for my new to me wood pen the franklin covey refills fit it. Found a journal at the thrift shop. We dropped off donations glad those are delovered.

Got pumpkin & 3 kinds of squash for edible decor for the front porch.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:06 pm

LadyM, how are you feeling about the FNG pause? How did your DS9 do at your DDs?

Dggs went to his first football game today. Dgd21 had bought this wrap that you use to keep the baby cradled in front of you. She had him in that and he slept through the game. After the game dd2, dgd6, dgd21, dggs and I went out for lunch. He slept right through lunch. At his dr. appt this week the dr. told her that she needed to take him out of quarantine and start taking him out into the world. So she is taking his advice to heart.

I have enchiladas ready to be put in the oven after I mow. So guess I better go mow.

Return to “Post When You Can”