Swift moving Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Swift moving Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:23 pm

(((Blessed))) Oh, I'm so sorry it didn't work out. I'll try and keep that in mind when dealing with my dd. I'm sure she had no intention of hurting you like that but she should know by now how you take her words and at least try to communicate properly with you instead of coming off cold and disapproving and blind to your accomplishments.

Gorgeous sunset tonight. Breathtaking but of course swift moving as the colours change. I took a couple of pictures with my new phone. The first, while of a lovely sunset, were completely yellow and a bit of orange, not the deep red that I was seeing. But my phone has a manual mode and by changing the f-stop I was able to get the same colour in the finished photo.

I'm typing this while looking out the window and watching the last of it fade. Every few minutes another flock of gees fly buy silhouetted against the last bits of night. I'll never capture that with my camera but it is magical.

My service went OK, but only 5 instead of my usual 10. Two are in hospital, and I'm assuming the rest were with family.

I stopped in at WM on the way home and picked up some food since stores are closed tomorrow. Ds loves their croissants so I picked up two for him plus OJ.

Dh skyped again in the late afternoon to tell me about his day. He went to a demonstration of Castellers, building human towers. Our friend is a castellier. We had no idea. This is a sport that is done in Catalonia.

Here's a video to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1HWyUIZ5kk

I watched another episode of Nashville, then woke ds and we had our dinner. He slept until 6. I woke him just minutes before his alarm was to go off. I made us bacon and I had an omelet and a kale salad for dinner. Since I had skipped lunch, I was starving.

He's off to work now. He won't likely sleep here tomorrow. Since it is a holiday he get 1.5x pay from midnight to 7:30 and he hopes to pick up an evening shift. If he doesn't he's still off for 7 days now and has a trip to NYC planned with NotTheGirlfriend. They have 4 Broadway shows booked plus exploring favourite haunts.

I'll probably watch another episode while cleaning up the kitchen and then head to bed.

Edited to add: killer headache coming on. I'm guessing this is the withdrawal headache I expected a few days ago. Oh well, it is here, so time to medicate and take to my bed, hopefully to sleep.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:51 pm

Here is the thing I saw and wanted to post the other evening but was too tired to go back and find. I had been reading along, learning about brain researchers studying neurons, rapid eye movement, amyloid, cortisol, etc. Suddenly, the author inserts this paragraph:

As you read this text, please look up and check the clock. If it is after 10 p.m., close this book and go to bed. Your brain is tired and you need to stop pushing it.

:|

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:29 pm

It's after 10:00, but this is my first chance at the computer today. Well -- not really, b/c there was all that time when I was napping... but LOL, I almost fell asleep standing up and talking on the phone with ds. Ballgame weekends just wear me out completely! Thank goodness -- no more college town trips for FIVE weeks!!!

(((BLESSED))) Oh my... I guess that is how I make ddil feel... :oops: :oops: :oops: except she doesn't come close to tears; she just gets mad.
I try hard -- VERY hard -- not to criticize or complain to them, but I probably do offer a lot more advice and suggestions than they want, and I suspect they think I am born organized and -- as you said -- they have to find their own way and do what works for them, not what someone else (me) tells them to do. But really, my main suggestion seems sooo simple and easy (to me!) I just tell them to TRY the 15 minute thing... to just commit to 15 minutes for whatever major task they have on their minds... or 15 minutes every night before bed... 15 minutes for bathrooms, etc... just 15 minutes of SOMETHING.

(((Harriet & family))) Continued prayers for dfirstmil...

"Flooded" is the word the psychologist at the symposium used to teach about an overwhelmed feeling in which someone might not make good decisions.

Yes... BTDT...

No one has moved swiftly around here today, but dgs and I did make it to church this morning. All my Sunday chores are done, except I need to finish refilling night time meds and do my "clearing list" for the week ahead. Groceries bought, fruit washed and prepared (strawberries -- capped).
DH seems to be feeling so much better. He sooo dreads the heart cath, because he figures it will take him some time to "get over that. They won't let you keep feeling good," he says. :roll:
OTOH, the sister of some friends at church passed away this weekend. She was a few years younger than dh, and had a history of congestive heart failure. Just found her dead, they said. Stroke? Heart attack? No one knows. So... it's easy for me to say, being that I am not the one having a heart cath, but I can't help but think the more the doctor KNOWS about what's going on with dh's heart, the better.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 pm

so sweet d kathryn and d lucy :D

. I know that she doesn't mean to hurt - when I was younger she didn't see what I did do only what she saw I didn't or not what she would have done - that was painful as I really worked hard -I used to get angry to the point where I put up boundaries and step away from her for a long time. It was hard enough being hard on myself and my mom saying stuff I already knew. Today was my fault because I took a B.O. just do it woman and asked if she wanted to help me with setting up my card file again. Just as she can't get me to focus with her way of just look at it and do it (and don't loose track); I need to realize she can't possibly know what it is like to be scattered when you don't want to be. She thinks the card file is a waste of time as One should be able to look at a situation and do it. I have always needed to break things down. She has always been one to take over because she thinks she is helping. I should have remembered this.

but this is an older me - and she is a gentler side of her because of age as well. I just had to say that's all I needed today but she still wants to tell me her way is the right way - tomorrow she wants to come over and "clean our family room like it has never been cleaned before". (which it has but it's important for her to do it - I can let her and as I aged I realized I did okay) - I am a lot more confident but it is still hard to have someone over you saying you should do this this and this as it is the right way (their way) and not understanding how unfocused I can be. Putting me down (not her intention I am sure) doesn't do anything but make me not want her over. I brought out the old take charge mom ;) but it is a kind one who only wants my best interest. She may not understand but The card file helps me focus. ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Close the book sweet harriet, and sweet dreams. you are so sweet - your words always put my heart to happiness!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:58 am

I think I have worked around the dining room with zones and need to pay atten to tbat one, found my decluttering baskets today 3 of them not hugs might make it fun to do some decluttering rounds with them.

Return to “Post When You Can”