Swift moving Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Swift moving Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:00 am

It is extremely windy here so weather is moving through swiftly.

Big squall, couldn't see downtown and the island was faint, but ds spotted a break in the clouds and 10 minutes later it is bright sunshine.

But the wind is enough to blow the block glass candle holder off the table (so that has been brought in for the season) and the chairs are banging away (but staying in place.)

Inside I'm not moving too switfly but am hoping to inspire myself.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Swift moving Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:07 am

Slept poorly again. Too late to bed, too much left undone.

Ds came at 7:50 and helped me reset the table to a good size. Now only 1 chair is extra in the corner, freeing up room for the high chair.

The dishwasher is emptied and all the cutlery and glassware is away. I still have a few plates to put away.

Everything is a 1 - 3 minute chore, it is just that I have about 60 - 90 of them to do!

Ds picked up a small box that held some of my dad's scale rulers (for woodworking.) Ds is into woodworking now and immediately knew what they were and appreciated the craftsmanship of the rulers as well as the box. He'd like to start building small boxes like that which is why he picked it up in the first place. I immediately grabbed another box of fine tools and handed that to him and he oohed and ahhed over them.

He was only 15 when his grandfather died so hadn't yet discovered his passion for building things with his hands. So most of my father's and grandfather's tools were sold in the estate sale but we have a few small things like these fine brass drafting tools and so ds will have them now.

I still haven't s2s. I need to be at the retirement home by 1:40 and should have visited my senior friend by then. Aside from that, I'll just keeping working here. I couldn't decide about church but the fabulous time I had with ds made up my mind that going to church wasn't what I needed to feed my soul today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:13 am

sorry you didn't sleep well d kathryn! Hope tonight is better. stay safe in the weather.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:00 am

We have Tropical storm/depression remnants moving through here today and have a brunch to go to in about 1.5 hrs. Then dh is going to graveside funeral - what a day for a graveside funeral.

I'm trying to decide what to make for supper here - soup would be nice, preferably if I didn't need a grocery stop today in the rain but I don't know about that.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:46 am

We have breezy conditions here and cooler temps. I swept up sone leaves in the carport.
I knit up a few rows on my current project a dish cloth.
I spiffed up the kit. counters again.
I had a 2 baskets and a tote of thing collected from tothe rooms in the master bedroom I moved those out this morning I woke up thinking about doing that today.
Changed out some seasonal clothes.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:47 am

Hi!

Dh and I woke up before the sun rose. I immediately got up and went outside and took down both wind chimes. I think they are down until next spring now. It didn't help that we had the windows open to the backyard.

I came back in, did some cross stitching and kept yawning, so I went back to bed and slept another 4 hours.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Almost everything is done except a few dishes to go in the china cabinet and then to wash down dgs high chair.

Thank heavens I kept the carpet sweeper because at 11 last night I couldn't run the vacuum but I needed to clean up the food on the floor so I could move around the table to get the table cloth off.

I'm s2s but still have to dry and style my hair.

Just talked to dh on the phone and then over Skype. He wanted to show me the view from his hotel room which is pretty nice.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Morning y’all...

Morning routines done and Willis is sleeping at my feet. Bed stripped and in the was. Dinner has been very planned so that’s out of the way. Desk day for me. Need to get my bullet planned organized and ready for next week.

Hope to get some time reading out on my patio. A slow and easy day for me, just the way I like it :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:49 pm

I am trying to do a staying focused Sunday: paperwork, filing, card file, photos and family history continued.
dailies done: kitchen (dw is also washing the dishes)
vacuumed first floor and swiffered kitchen
2 loads washing and drying themselves

d mom and I are going to church at 5

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:53 pm

hi d twins.. yes what a wild weather day for a grave site funeral today... maybe they will move it indoors considering your weather. Stay safe and dry yourself.

hi d cathy I am so happy you took a good sleep... you must have needed it!

yay on getting things done d Kathryn!

HI d rose morning to you too! enjoy your day - hope it is slow and relaxing

Yesterday we took the train downtown and met some lovely people along the way. A man and daughter (she was doing soccer) who were from St. Louis and they were headed downtown on the train with us.

Return to “Post When You Can”