Swift moving Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Swift moving Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Tiniest church crowd yet. Several reasons suggested, and pianist offered thoughts on some families that might be traveling, but that's not it. It's just that even though " an object in motion tends to stay in motion ", eventually it will slow. And now the response to the SS halving is truly settling in. People without a reason to go out at 9:30 eventually stay home at 10:30, too, or find that they are welcome somewhere else for SS and just stay there.

As usual the same report from the pews afterward, that our song leading in some way didn't match the written words before them. It's just constant. We practiced carefully this time until all agreed we were confident, even making one last-minute tune change during rehearsal to be as clear and helpful as we could. Yet during the service while already singing the song we were faced with a nearly impossible change from 5 to only 3 verses :roll: (that's a trick, there, let me tell you), and even so, lost the congregation completely anyway, since the fellow with the projected lyrics had been given 3 different verses than the first 3 so we were already singing the wrong ones. Ta.....da. So if you can imagine a super small group on an unfamiliar song with no idea which lyrics to sing....

Back home, there was an email about dfirstmil. Practical nurse came to the house in early morning and helped her rest better with a better side-sleeping posture, but all still in agreement that this is the end. I forwarded that to my in-law children's mail, since I think they always get the info last and may be the very ones who need to know. For instance, ddil is working today and this touches base with her.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:37 pm

I am going back full time to my card file.. I have been doing dailies etc. but I have been getting lost when I am in a room and use every excuse in the book - mostly I lack focus - ADHD. I had a cleaning company this summer and my home still got messy because I was never home and I didn't toss my card file. I had tossed most of it because I thought the cleaning company would do it all. nope... I still had me, dd younger whom are constant leaver outers of things, I had the dogs and cats who are constant large shedders and dogs like to chew on anything food, no one was putting away or picking up as they went and my lack of focus (scattered thinking got me watching tv to get some focused thought - no work and guilt from watching too much tv).

today I asked my "just do it" d mom to come over if she wanted to help me make up my card file again. (be an independent viewer of my home) I had the kitchen swept and swiffer washed, counters cleaned, stove cleaned, dw on. but she didn't see that. lol she start saying a french prayer and said you just go through a room and empty it and wash it down. Then move to the next area - " You mean you need a card file to clean your house?" What a waste of time - dd older is also of the just do it as you see it crowd (problem is I don't always see it) = and that brings guilt.

So she is going through the house to see what repairs need doing and told me not to put them off - she can't believe I just don't do things - no routine or anything - she sees and does it. She told me to do one room at a time but I get lost in the other things I have to do - her house is spotless and everything is streamlined and perfectly placed.

Okay back to what I was doing. I should not have called her - I thought it would be fun for us to do it together as she can see things I can't but it's more of a remember of being a little kid and being a failure feeling because I was lazy and lacked any direction. I have been diagnosed with ADHD as an adult but I am not on meds. I have to remember that I do love the card file because it gives me direction until I can just see what needs to be done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:38 pm

d Harriet (I am praying for your d first mil)
Sorry your church hasn't picked up new members.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:22 pm

okay that did not work well! she is thinking of hiring someone to take pictures of each part of my house (every wall) and make a booklet of it so I can "see" what I should clean. She said I should give up my card file that always worked in the past and do what she wants to do. ;) She sees what she cleans as wonderful but what I clean as dirty. Oh well I knew better!

I almost cried like I did when I was a younger mom and she would come over - and then take over. I have to remember I am not a failure and go back to what does work for me not what someone else, with a born organized brain, tell me I should do.

She meant well but not what I needed or wanted. She is coming over tomorrow (my heavy cleaning day - laundry room, kitchen day, white laundry) to get my family room like I have never seen before. Oh well it keeps her busy. ;) and she means the best for me.

lol: she did say where did she go wrong with my brother and I regarding our homes. my brothers home is better. My home is not at all like a hoarder but I got lost this last year and half and not having money to do repairs for the last 10 years. She can't understand my lack of focus bc her brain doesn't work like that. She tried being nice but not understanding my lake of focus. I do well when it's not summer but summer always sends me for a loop.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:36 pm

It has been a typical Sunday for us.

I was up and had my hair washed before 7am.
7:30 = DD called and asked if DS9 could walk DGD6 home
8:15 = We left for church
9:00 = Bible Study with a fantastic group of DFriends. Having this group is helping with the loss of FNG.
10:00 = Church. One of my favorite singers was on stage today. He is a fun fella that can take any song and turn it into something extra special. I was helping with the sound system today. DPreacher asked on spur of moment for us to play It's My Life by Jon Bovie (that song went with his sermon). Panic! We can barely do minimum sound support. LOL! It all turned out okay.
Noon = Lunch at our favorite cafe. The owner's daughter (waitress) puts a "Reserved" sign on a group of tables for us. I feel kinda bad about this because there is almost always a line of people waiting for a table. But we didn't ask her to do it, she just volunteered.
1:30pm - DS9 rode his bike to take DGD6 tablet to her. He is going to hang out at DD home this afternoon. This feels so strange to have a couple hours of free time. No kid responsibility. I have often wondered what my life would be like without kids to constantly take care of. I am getting a teeny-tiny glimpse into what that would be like.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:44 pm

I have been redoing routines and revamping my control journal this past week with baby steps. I have to do outside stuff too. So getting down to things like clean gutters but it is very windy not a good day to be on the roof. Next weekend working. . . Sigh h has farm stuff a funeral to consider attending. Stuff does come up.

This weekend he has promised to get the light fixture in the sewing room replaced. Quarterly tax stuff is up as well I think.

I had an easy fast start to my day but now after lunch not so much. Slowing down a bit. I moved some books out of the master bedroom.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:49 pm

DS9 stay less than an hour at DD home then came back here. He said it was too boring there. The only thing to do there is watching TV.

So.....what did I do with my hour of no childcare? I tweaked my daily Proverbs readings. There are 31 chapters of Proverbs which matches well to days of the month. Today is the 8th day of the month so I read Chapter 8 of Proverbs. However, I want to do an in-depth study of verses throughout the year but due to limited time, I can only do a couple verses a day. So I divided the verses into months. Chapter 8 has 36 verses so each month gets 3 verses to study in-depth on the 8th of the month. Ditto on dividing the other chapters/verses into months/days.

Hum....writting this out makes it seems weird. I am still wondering if being organized is a productivity tool or an addiction?
    1. Know what you want.
    2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:47 pm

ordered 3 christmas presents

wonderful that you had one hour of no child care and were able to do your bible study!

Nancy
    Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:06 pm

We got new light fixture in the sewing room wa - hoot!
    WalIed the dog around the block.
    I walked the ddog finished that did a shorter one today.
    Last edited by Nancy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 pm

blessed, I can honestly tell you that I'm with you in bewilderment and understand none of your dmother's solutions/concepts for helping around your house. :) Well, I take it back - the fact that she broke into prayer, I get that! When I asked born-organized (and maid-service owner) dstepdil to look through my house and tell me "what I'm not seeing", she may have felt like I needed prayer, I admit! Taking photos of each wall ... ... that's so far beyond having cards, though, so involved, such a big deal. It's sorta like cards, but takes up much more time and effort. Cards are friendly - have cards. :)

One thought I had was don't try to personalize again yet, but go with either the cards you had before, or adopt a group of cards from one of the books. Tweak later, but just work while your dmother is around, already having chores ready to read off. She may need to hear you say, "I know my next task is to ...(whatever)..., so can you help me?" That may make her feel more like being the helper and not the supervisor.

Also you obviously need a "TaDa" list before tomorrow. Your mom needs a visual of all you've done if she's looking right past that and seeing only the "ToDos". ;)

I just finished 27 decisions in the LR. I'm easing back into housework around here with 27s throughout, to reach down to the level where I can do some decluttering, to reach down to the level where I can start cleaning, to reach down to the level where houseguests won't send me into "flooding". "Flooded" is the word the psychologist at the symposium used to teach about an overwhelmed feeling in which someone might not make good decisions. I thought that was a good way of expressing it.

Return to “Post When You Can”