Mulling over Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Mulling over Monday

Postby CathyS » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 pm

LadyM I am very curious. What is a "non existing room"? Is it a room that is locked and nobody can go in there unexpectedly?

Supper was awesome. Bed hasn't been made in a few days? Can't remember when. Kitchen is a mess. Laundry hasn't been completely put away. It's all clean and dry and sitting in a pile on the dresser.

This past week or so has been highly emotional in so many different directions. I don't love myself or any one else very much right now. October is the month from H ... as far as I am concerned. My birthday, followed by Thanksgiving, followed by the day that both of my parents happened to die on many years apart, and then Hallowe'en. UGH!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 pm

((((Cathy)))))

What is a "non existing room"?

A room that the door is kept shut all the time. DD doesn't lock that door but there is no reason to enter into the room.

DD has approx 100 times more clothes than I do. No kidding. I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was double or triple that amount. BUT in her defense.....I am the worse person to compare clothing amount to. I don't care about clothes and only have a dozen or so outfits and wear them over and over.......and over .......for years. DD is probably the normal one and I'm the weird one. LOL!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I have taken the day off almost entirely.

I did 3 rounds of 15s and got the apartment vacuumed and the load of laundry hung up. I made up the turkey soup for my lunch, along with a tomato sandwich.

Then I spent the afternoon on the couch bingewatching tv. While gathering up things to put into the soup, I spotted the leftover piece of pie from Friday night so I had that while watching tv.

For supper I had lasagna and salad and then did my walking with my friend. I dropped the garbage down the chute on the way to walking and then emptied the recycle stuff when I got back. That was a full chore with me having to use the cart to get it all down to the recycle room. Then I went to the car and brought up the non-perishables I bought yesterday and put those away.

The dishwasher is running now and the kitchen is almost all cleaned up from the big meal. I just have the butter dishes left to deal with. I've been using it up when called for but will probably do some baking to use up the rest of it. I have the folding chairs to return to the RA locker and the carpet sweeper to empty and then I'm done party cleanup.

Today I really needed this day off. I hope I can sleep well despite not doing a lot today.

Dh texted that the day went very well for him and he's looking forward to his presentation tomorrow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:25 pm

good night all. great work everyone today!!!

I am thinking of your sweet dd37 and you sweet harriet.

d rose how are you?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Typing this on eye not to easy all went well. Eye is a tad itchy like me a piece of dirt but other than not other problems
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks for updating us, Rosie!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:09 pm

My ex MIL had a room somewhat like that, but the door was left open. It was like "Clothes Hoarder" but it extended to every closet in the house. My x told me last year that he is constantly donating stuff slowly to local thrift stores but he has to check all the pockets for money and jewelery first. Lots of stuff still had tags on it. She is now in a nursing home where she constantly puts all her clothes into bags, takes them out and puts them back in again all day and night. They used to travel a lot and she loved to travel.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:28 pm

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one missing their youthful energy. Some of you still have lots of it, I read what you get done in a day and I'm just amazed. And envious.

I did get all this weekend's laundry folded / hung. I have 1 bed to change and 1 LOL and then I am all caught up. And I got the kitchen cleaned up too.

You'd think with just the 2 of us I'd be able to do better. But it is all the stuff from this business that basically has me stopped. I guess I am just discouraged with it all, plus the lack of energy. And I know a lot of it is just mental. DH came in this evening and began telling me all about this latest job, which is very hard work, and I could just feel the energy drain out of me. Now for the most part I am not the one doing this hard work, so why would talking about it cause me to feel this way?

Get this, early afternoon DH calls to ask how long it takes carbon monoxide to get out of one's system? He was feeling dizzy, lightheaded and had been operating a big gasoline powered concrete saw inside this guy's house. :shock: :!: Windows and doors were open. But he was inside. So after he sat outside for a while he was feeling ok. Man. Tonight at home he is doing a-ok.

Well, enough of all that.

RRose I'm glad you're all done with your surgery and hope it went well.

Also hoping for an easy time for LadyM's DH tomorrow.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 pm

Ha. That clearing list doesn't do much good if it is totally ignored all day long, does it. I haven't even mulled over anything today.
Had dgd for a couple hours, and then tonight we went to an event at dgs's school to kick off their book fair. It was very nice -- live entertainment (ds & friends, plus another couple groups)... free hotdogs... bouncy things for the kids... and of course the book fair itself, where I spent almost $30 and half of it was on a book for myself, LOL!

Tomorrow, I'll have dgd from around 12:30 till probably 5:00, and dgs after school.
Wed, same, starting around 2:00...
Thursday, starting around 9:00... and dgs gets out of school at 12:30! Homecoming parade that night. And
Friday, starting around 7:00!!!!
* whew *
So probably all I'll get done this week is napping whenever possible. :oops: I have high hopes though.

I am certainly missing MY youthful energy, although I don't think I ever had any, and at this rate, I fear when I am dmom's age, I'll never get out of bed!
I certainly have no justification to criticize HER. Or ddil either for that matter. If I were married to a messy man like ds, my house would probably look worse than theirs does.

Glad you're back and able to check in, Rose! Hope your eye feels better and better as the next day or two passes!

Sooo happy to hear all the happy news with ds9, LadyM! He is doing so well with school and everything else. I know it just warms your heart to hear his laughter.
Praying for LordM tomorrow!

WTG, blessed, on all your ta-da's today! You amaze me! I don't care what ANYONE says! ;)

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”