Mulling over Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Mulling over Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:44 am

I'm dressed, bedroom tidied, load of laundry started.

I missed an important text from dh. On the other hand, I was at my computer so he could have emailed me or Skyped with me. My phone needing charging so I put it on the charger in the bedroom instead of the one in the living room.

I'm using my old phone as my pedometer until my new pedometer arrives. That will work since I have have pockets most of the time now that it is cooler.

I'm going to go get my watch with the countdown timer and try doing a few 15s. If I do 3 of those, then I can reward myself with an episode of Nashville.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:45 am

wonderful d harriet... well done on your decluttering those rabbits (magazines) as well

off I go
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi!

Got some laundry done. It isn't all put away yet. There is a load in the dryer and the last load in the washer. I also Febreezed the house. That means I sprayed part of the couch, part of the shower curtain and the mat at the back door. Dishes are getting done.

It absolutely poured here last night.

Dh made breakfast this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 pm

well done d cathy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:59 pm

cards done so far: :D

daily: :D
clean counters, top of stove, vacuum then swiffer dusted with fluffy one on walls and under cabinets and stove, swiffer dusted and then swiffer washed the kitchen floor. shined sink
wiped the front of fridge with metal cleaner.
weekly: :D cleaned window above sink, cleaned toaster, dusted windows
laundry washing
went over what is needed for kitchen - more tide, bounty, cascade, paper towels.
tossed things I could

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:16 pm

I've been lollygagging about so far today and "should" get busy. I've completed an article that I will submit later today to the local historical association journal. I hate to say that its standards are not very high, they will probably be appalled that I'm using footnotes :shock: but I'd guess they would print it in a heartbeat.

Dh will be home late - he's going to a shiva for the funeral he went to yesterday. It's a client so I don't feel I need to go along. I told dkids we'd have burgers or left over soup so that's easy.

I can't believe the rain and wind from Nate moved through here so quickly. The sun is out and it's 80 degrees and super humid today. I walked dMuffin earlier.

I'm going to set a timer and work 30 min and "play" 30 minutes and see how long I can go with that....will begin BOTH if anyone wants to play along...

bw2, there are just different degrees of bo, lightly organized, and not organized at all. I could see me in your dmom's place dealing with dd, whose ways I abhor, especially in my own house. She's much like Lucy's ds and ddil, I suspect. And although I might be in the place your mom is in, my standards aren't particularly high.

Harmony, I remember my dgrandmother's house (this is maternal grandmother) being such a mess! Clothes and things cluttered and everywhere. I never judged at that point, but remember it in retrospect. And my mother got the same way in her home. I suspect it's lack of energy but could just be that it just doesn't matter as much.

Dh just came home for lunch?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Norma

Postby Norma » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:18 pm

MORNING (AND AFTERNOON) When we went to bed last night I said to Mr. Guy: I am so tired I can't even think! I have noticed over the last few months that I am really wearing out in mid-afternoon and feel like I just can't move another muscle. Well, I think my age (80 this coming Christmas Day) has something to do with that. (LOL) :lol: We are leaving for AZ at 6 in the morning and I have been extra busy getting ready for the move. I have tried to space it all out so every day was a little extra time and thought so I wouldn't be rushed at the last minute. HA! Today is the last minute and I am on the move - big time. :lol: Like Rosie, I can remember doing my housework - everything - in my Seattle house in one day. Now I am in much smaller homes and I wouldn't be able to that anymore.

Rosie - I am thinking of you and your cataract surgery today. Hope to see you next weekend. :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:36 pm

hi d twins i hope you have a wonderful day.

hi d norma!

praying for d rose!

my d mom is not BO necessarily - she doesn't seem to have a schedule in her head but every inch of her home is spotless and completely streamlined. She never plans she just does the work she sees. She Is a person who just goes into a room and cleans without any thought. My d sis in laws are BO. There is always a to do list in their head and they know it is easier to keep up with things than letting things get out of control. They are constantly donating and tossing things. my one d sis in law has a bag in the front hall closet for donations she takes in once a week.

My d sis in laws never say anything and I love that from them. You never feel like you failed them or oneself. I was a slob when I lived at home! My poor mom! It took me years to declutter but I still struggle with focus. I have become much much better but it definitely is not the standard d mom has for herself. She is amazing. She is a carpenter, a decorator, a seamstress, an artist etc. I have a hard time when criticism is used when that person thinks it's supposed to help. No one wants to hear - if only you did this.... my way is the right way... and especially when the person sees what isn't done over what is. Being unfocused is hard for me (I can loose a whole day spinning my wheels and I actually feel scattered)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:54 pm

I have tackled the kitchen surfaces looks much better now yea! Glad for this progress. I have stuff loaded to go in the next rtip to town.

Dining room still needs more help. Painting & crafting stuff on it now. BIG SIGH that is next up after this break.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:33 pm

That's interesting conversation about the energy. Thinking about that. It's true that having more energy has become a topic in our household. As in, we both need it, we're both interested in ways to find it. We probably didn't talk that way in the past.

Also the "just not as important" concept makes me think. Valid. I'm no longer in charge of sanitation for vulnerable people, for instance, in that frantic babies-and-eldercare way. That does make a difference in my priorities. What if I solved all the world's problems because I prioritized differently and had more time to brainstorm. That would cover a multitude of clutter. ;)

Homemakers are bound to decide that housekeeping is easier, after they are not sharing a home with as many people. I've known some households that went from Grand Central Station to the most quiet Charm School. It's not that the same people didn't own the house, lol. It's just that time passed. The trick is not to forget what it was like in the Station. :|

Desk Day work finished.

An extra TaDa today has been to get a package ready for returning some clothes. Don't like to see the moss growing on that chore.

Errands during this rare dry time between rain is next up.

Return to “Post When You Can”