Terrific Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Terrific Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm

hi d dee - soup sounds wonderful

I haven't read the news yet..d kathryn thanks for keeping us informed. hoping that people stay calm

bathrooms 2 and 3 done - I will not do dd youngers shower - she needs to go through it herself. but everything else is done in both bathrooms (weeklies)
brought down dirty laundry from hall
emptied and cleaned those garbage cans

Next: powder room
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:05 pm

I finally got through that list of five. That takes care of a.m. routine, except for continuing with laundry.

I'm going to try my home version of chore bingo, drawing numbers out of a cup. I just can't get motivated or focused these days.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Home from DH surgery. The surgeon said it went very well. It required almost 3 hours of driving today (to/from surgery center and picking up the prescription) but DH remained comfortable the whole time. The pain meds he received in the surgery was starting to wear off by the time we arrived home. DH goes back in 2 weeks to have the stitches removed. He is not supposed to do anything until then. This is going to be the hard part......keeping DH from overdoing so he doesn't bust the stitches loose. I reminded DH that he busted the stitches in a previous surgery and the consequences of that (took a long time to heal). I'm glad to have this surgery behind us.

I go through times when I like having music on in the house and car. But most of the time I crave silence. I probably watch TV less than 2 hours a month. TV totally frustrates me. If I am going to watch a TV show then I don't want commercials and I want the ability to fast forward it. I tend to lose interest in Netflix shows too. However, I do like watching youtube about a subject that I am interested in. I like hearing from "real" people how to do this or that. I am currently watching pro/cons of different kinds of RVs, camping trailers and buses on youtube. I am listening to people who have lived fulltime in these types of vehicles for years. Most of them seem very knowledgeable and have the experience first hand.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

I will say a prayer for fast healing for your dh d lady!

worked on holiday stuff. A little each day. Tomorrow d mom has a dr. appointment early and I think I will suggest we go doing a little stocking stuffer shopping. Also look for a new zip up hoodie for dh.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:39 pm

I know you're glad to home and have this behind you, Lady and Lord M.

So far I have:
swept front porch and watered plants out there
put up soap dish in bathroom
wrote a thank you note and got it to the mail person as they came by
retrieved and sorted mail

Still going.....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Still no phone call from computer service company. Do I walk to the post office to get stuff in the mail and risk missing the call? I hate these decisions.

It is sunny now, so I think I'll go. Lately, I've only been walking after dark.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:46 pm

yay d twins - you home looks spiffy

d kathryn sorry you have to wait for that call!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Two DPCs: DONE!
Proofread article: DONE!

Bane report still in progress.

At lunch I finished a totally enjoyable book called Elleander Morning. It's got a murder mystery (WHO is obvious, WHY is the mystery), disappearances, some steampunk influence but not excessive, assassinations, and time travel. Time has an inertia all its own. If you go back and remove an event, it keeps trying to come back. This concept appears in other books, in one of my favorites, a man tries several times to prevent his wife from shooting him in the forehead. He finally succeeds, only to be hit in the forehead by a bullet sized meteor.

Back to bane.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:11 pm

Back from knitting group. Droped off donations.

Went to a diff donut shop $1.25 ea. Seems steep for me. But I wanted to see how much room they had.

Stopped at the store for stuff for chicken & dumplings they were out of whole ones so I got thighs. It is in the crock pot now. Should be easy to chew. Got a magizene too.

I need to flip the laundry over to the dryer. X
Walked a med. Sized walk w ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 pm

A friend of mine (Very Organized Friend) has discovered that W and I prefer the dark meat on a turkey. Her family doesn't like dark meat. There are 5 of them when they have Thanksgiving and none of them like it. She gave me the legs and the wings of their turkey that they had on Sunday. I am making a turkey casserole for us tonight that only uses 1/2 of what she sent over. The casserole has stuffing on top (Thank you Stove Top!) and I also made a bag of cranberries into cranberry sauce. I don't think mashed potatoes are required. Haven't decided whether or not to make them.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”