Terrific Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Terrific Tuesday

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Progress on bane report has been made. The ending inventory of month n-1 now matches the beginning inventory of month n. This required a complete change to the method of calculation and has been a PAIN IN THE BUTT!!! Now I have to make sure extra boxes are accounted for properly when they are in transit. Also some minor format stuff.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:01 pm

happy you got some work on the report d elizabeth .. well done

very nice d cathy. enjoy your dinner

hi d nancy glad hope you had fun at knitting group; also congrats on donations

I did all my dailies
except:

brush the dogs
bible study
needlepoint
french

missed cleaning out the microwave - moving it to next week
wash chairs in kitchen move to next week

I did well on the pick it up don't pass it up
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:26 pm

I made a yummy dinner half of the meat and broth will be for another meal. We had it like biscuits and gravy stuffing was mentioned need to get some.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:37 pm

I am sure glad this day is coming to an end. My Tuesday was NOT terrific.

I helped DH at job, the place with the very mean customer. She just gets worse and worse. The electrician was there and thank goodness for that because he helped DH carry in 2 heavy glass shower doors. I would have had trouble doing that.

I could not get a sales person to wait on me at big orange store. So frustrating. So I grabbed a bunch of different stuff for DH to pick from and would return the rest, but guess what it was all wrong. He tried next and they didn't have what he was looking for. Other store did, but I didn't go there because I was in a truck with almost empty gas tank.

Got gas on the way back, also in the SUV because it was also empty. We're so busy we haven't even been able to keep the vehicles gassed up.

I spent an hour cleaning out my car, slicing up big cardboard boxes for recycle etc. Dinner was frozen pizza yuck, and I did get the dishes all done.

Harsh words with this customer who hasn't appreciated any thing we've done and only criticizes. Tomorrow we go to have words with county official. Apparently, if something in the house was done wrong by someone else a long while ago, we are expected to fix it, and it's lots of $ owner doesn't have and it never was part of the work we were doing. I sense a big fight coming.

Sigh... maybe tomorrow will be better.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm

I am so sorry you and your dh had such a rough day with an ungrateful client. I hope tomorrow is better

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Good evening.

Keep meaning to drop in on this SHE forum and you know how that 'keep meaning' stuff goes.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:26 pm

(((Harmony))) Sorry it has been Terrible Tuesday for you.

The phone call came just as I was preparing for a walk. Based on my description, the tech just ordered a new mother board and will swap out once it comes in. I can keep my laptop until then. Last time this happened, it was the motherboard as well (different computer.)

I got my walk in. Met my walking friend on the way out and she had an apartment to show me for my refugees in a house along the way. We got there and it has been rented already. She learned that it was coming up for rent two weeks ago but they rent it in a day once the tenant confirmed they were leaving.

She then walked to the post office with me and back so I had company on my walk. The post office is in a pharmacy so we both took our blood pressure. I was 133/79, then 115/69 and heart rate of 112 which matched my heart rate monitor which I was wearing.

So, if it was accurate, then my heart rate was way too high on the walk over (151 at one point during an uphill but staying steady at 144.) That's why I have an appointment for an echocardiogram stress test on Friday. Not looking forward to it but am looking forward to figuring out why this happens, since 151 is 92% of my maximum heart rate which seems awfully extreme for walking up a short hill at 2.5 mph. Sitting here typing, my heart rate is 84.

After I got home I caught up on Barcelona news, then checked into the California fires. Our news has been talking about Santa Rosa and wineries in Napa Valley but when I downloaded a fire map, I see that dh's aunt and uncle are surrounded by fires and the major roads are closed near them. I checked in with his cousin and she says they are fine, just really smokey and their retirement home is being used as an evacuation shelter.

I had my dinner and watched a couple of episodes of Nashville. Then I tidied the kitchen. I just noted it is much later than I thought so I'm off to bed now, in a rush.

Ds is coming over for breakfast at 8:30. I'll have to be up and s2s by 7:45 since the stage is now set up by the bedroom windows. I'm going to try and sleep with the window open but it is windy and the ropes may be noisy as they swing back and forth.

I just caught site of the moon. It isn't a full moon but it is amazing anyway since it is HUGE and orange. A real harvest moon.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Harmony, that's just unfortunate that her memory is short - does she not remember asking you for the big favor of shelter during the storm? I thought that was a huge kindness on your part, really. I'd try to get that conversation about previous work to happen between her and the powers-that-be - sounds like it is she who needs to deal with county. Surely county has heard of people having enough money to fix some things but not all! That's 100 percent of their residents.

I posted a long post in H and F about the things I learned from the various speakers. It turned out it helped me to have done that because ddil asked me about it all, and I could kind of remember what I'd typed so as not to leave things out.

I sat with ds' children (asleep) and Gunner (wide open) this evening and read several chapters in a book. Ds and ddil went to see her db and dsisil who are having a baby imminently.

HRH has pulled a muscle in his shoulder.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 am

austin granny hello

d harriet hoping your dh's shoulder heals fast

Hope everyone had a good night sleep

Return to “Post When You Can”