Terrific Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Terrific Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:24 am

I did get my weekly spread done on my Bullet Journal last night while watching TV and I named today Terrific Tuesday.

I hope you have a terrific day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Terrific Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am

It is almost 9:30 here and I am still in my dressing gown with just tea and chocolate accomplished.

I will go s2s now. Ds might be over this morning, not sure when if even. I should look at his calendar to see if it gives me a clue. Hmmmm, it says he's camping. I thought he said he had a car maintenance appointment (the dealership is a few minutes' walk from here so he normally waits here.)

They are working on the stage outside my livingroom now, grinding out the old caulking but I just see the ropes wingling. Still, I need to put the sign back up indicating my window is being worked on. I think they are done but just in case....

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:26 am

hi d kathryn! have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:32 am

Happy Day after Thanksgiving all our Dearest Canadian friends!

today: I want to think about Halloween
I am supposed to go to bible study but I didn't do that study; I have decided not to go. I do have a headache (usually means rain is coming).

Dd younger was supposed to take d mom to botanic gardens but it is supposed to rain.

What I want to do today: work on our scare crows and work on Halloween (for fun)
I also want to start on a needle point.

Card file not pulled yet:
on room focus - bathrooms and kitchen floor

has anyone ever had their windows washed by a professional company? was it expensive.

dd older has been looking at apartments nearer to work but my goodness they are expensive maybe because it is downtown area - starting at 1800 (most well over that) a month for a one bedroom 500 - 700 square foot apartment.(not the best). If she goes to 2400 she gets so much more (cleaner) but then it would be better to buy a house. She definitely doesn't want a room mate after the last one.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 am

Hi!

Bed is made! Living room has been tidied! Dishes are soaking. Water is in the canning pot and I am waiting for it to come to a boil.

Bottles have been through the dishwasher on the sanitize cycle. Huge pot has failed grape jelly/slime in it. When I poured it out of the bottles it reminded me of a green slime in a game my dd used to have many years ago. I think it was a game. Other than the fact that this is deep purple, it could be the same stuff. W and I both tasted it and it tasted great and neither one of us has been ill.

I have also washed my hair. It was horrid, because I was so upset last week that I didn't have any showers or baths or do any self care. W coming home on Friday morning sure didn't help. He says he does a lot around here, but honestly I don't see it.

Today is a no music day here, because I have endured listening to a radio station that I hate and constant TV from when he wakes up until long after I go to bed. How do people sit and watch it all day?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am

hi d cathy!

made reservations for dinner before the Christmas Carol... grateful they had an availability
took tylenol for headache
made some phone calls
cancelled free subscription trial before they charged my credit card (miracle)
order stamps for dh (christmas stocking gift) and stamps for Christmas
put new website account info in my book
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 am

Good morning.

Morning Daily Card done well and laundry now drip-drying.

Happy Normalcy Breakfast into which I added the sparkle of strawberries. :) My system was a little messed up after the trip (finger pointing directly at a TGIFriday restaurant we felt pressured into because of a traffic snarl when we were seriously hungry). So for a few days I've been doing more comfort-starches and few fruits, but I think I see my way clear to variety again. Come to think of it, TGIF needs an email from me. It's hard to do everything wrong, but that particular location came close. HRH would not eat his potatoes - :| - so maybe we had entered an alternate universe.

Cathy, I like to turn on the tv as a treat at specific times and I'm super picky about things to watch. I tend to ask myself what I'm learning from this, so not much makes the "cut". I never listen to radio, even in the car. Maybe if there was a mix CD in the car just of my choices - I could ask the children for that on a wish list, maybe. But I'm still not sure I'd remember to listen! HRH can "have something playing" all the time - it doesn't bother him. He is surprised to hear that I'm being bothered, and says he didn't even remember it was on. He tunes it out and makes background noise out of it or something. If we're both gone, he wants us to leave the tv playing for the cat, for "company". To this day, I have never seen a cat relate to a tv in any way. I think you could play a video of mice and birds on that screen with the volume up, and the cat would walk away. Cats are waiting for holograms.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am

good morning d harriet!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:18 am

I agree about tv on all day. And, to a certain extent, music. I have been known to have music on for hours and hours but then I feel relief when it is turned off. I use music either to keep myself moving or to keep myself in place (different types of music.) The first is obvious, the second is that if it is playing in the background, I'm less likely to get up and leave the room, therefore less likely to be distracted. On the other hand, sound of any sort is very distracting to me so it is a fine balance between slight background distraction to tune out other distractions, and being part of the problem.

TV, on the other hand, is almost never on for company although I know people who treat it like that. If they are part of a couple, that makes me sad since the other being there should be enough company.

I've s2s and had breakfast. Dh and I talked for 45 minutes. He's so tired but the conference is done. I sent him a couple of links to English news sites covering Barcelona. Unbelievably, two women from the conference were going downtown. Dh raised his eyebrows and one said she had promised her husband she'd be back to the suburbs where she is staying by 6 (when the speech is made.) Our separatist friend is down there now as part of the protests.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:25 am

I have done morning routine. Decluttered the medicine cabinet and one drawer. I need to sort make up and work out what I am keeping for a pamper basket. I need to sort & start laundry. I got a compliment from hubby on my efforts last night yea! I have a plan for craft paints I use for rock painting I have a tote on wheels I am not using I can repurpose. That will help.

This weekend I need to remoce some ghings from living room like my table loom & stand I will heed help with it.

Yep I am also annoyed by loud tv on all the time. We talked about it and worked out a schedule of sorts. I have ask for times when it is off and quiet he will go to the basement or I can go in thd back bedroom and use the desk in there, or take a walk, or even to the library!

Return to “Post When You Can”