Wow! It's Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wow! It's Wednesday!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm home from rounds. Visited dmom and took a couple of special decorated cookies to share. Not much to say but she was sitting in the dining room - when I went to the room I found the bed stripped and asked why and no one knew. Don't know if someone got the wrong room or if room mate stripped it or what. Anyway, they were going to get that squared away.

Went to Lowes for water filter for refrigerator and struck out but did get a timer for the Halloween lights I got out yesterday. Actually three plastic pre carved pumpkins with lights. Now I won't have to remember every night and I can use it at Hanukkah also. Then it was grocery, gas, and drugstore, and since my grocery doesn't have the bread flour I use anymore, I went in the grocery next to the drugstore and got bread flour.

I'm a little apprehensive because no one from the b oard for c ertification of G nealogists has contacted me since I sent my application two weeks ago and my ck hasn't cleared. THey've had board meetings in Utah and a new website launched so I know there has been lots going. I've been trying to contact them and can't get any response. :shock:

Tai chi is at 7 p.m. Down time until then.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:30 pm

I cleaned under the sink, the pantry, and the top of the microvave, then delivered the daily declutter stuff, returned an item got some socks trying some different ones bc the others are not lasting very long, and got lunch, chatted with a friend I saw while I picked that up.

I am about to do another declutter session on a work surface in the living room. Made great progress on that today.

Walk the dog is done.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:11 pm

I feel for you, Harmony. Tough spot to be in when the work won't pass muster, but it's not your work. And the lady just sounds possessed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:I feel for you, And the lady just sounds possessed.

I'd said to DH I don't remember anybody being this difficult. He reminded me of one lady who went all postal on us and I had to agree, but I reminded him we found out later she really did have some mental health issues! This present woman has very inflated view of herself. And maybe an anger issue.

Lucylee, is hand foot mouth disease really a thing? I guess I'm thinking about hoof and mouth disease but that's cattle... Geese I hope she gets better quick.

Twins, when I had a lady I was supposed to visit in the nursing home as part of my Deaconess duties, that was my worst chore. I just always felt uncomfortable there. We had nothing in common and I would try to chat with her but never really knew what to say. The other lady I visited, I once sat with her as she ate in the dining room. That was nice, and I got to meet her friends she had meals with every day...but then she felt she had to give me her desert (or is it dessert?) and that made me feel bad.

Does she do anything at the home, like bingo or go to hymn sings? You might just attend something with her... oh yeah, thinking you might not do anything like that...

Those are bright colors, LadyM. I'm glad you're getting help with the painting though, that's a lot of work. Now I have to look up smile more and dan tdm. Never heard of them!

{{I can't stand Tom Cr uise}}. :roll:

Ok for anybody wondering, Dan TDM is a gamer, etc etc and makes over 2 Million a year! I don't understand all what he does except I do know Mine craft. Smile More: think tie dye! I learn so much here.

Didn't do anything all afternoon. Made dinner. Ate junk. Tomorrow I must do some things.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Harmony wrote:Didn't do anything all afternoon. Made dinner. Ate junk. Tomorrow I must do some things.

Ditto except I had a healthy dinner.

BTW: It is Desert - one S as in Sahara and dessert - two Ss as in Strawberry Shortcake This one I always get right but I never type it without saying that in my head!

After supper I did walking with my friend. I'm on the treadmill now desperate for more steps but won't get anywhere near 8K.

Dh is home tomorrow afternoon so I have to do something by then.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 pm

There are two SS in dessert cause you always want MORE :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:45 pm

I'm home and my body is tired but my mind is going 10000 miles per hour.

In 8 hour I need to be up and going. DGD6 will be arriving and I have a packed schedule tomorrow.

I should go to sleep but I'm not the slightest bit sleepy.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 pm

I did not start the soupbsoon enough so it was late but good. Luckily h had another option and ate earlier then take out I had mine for lunch.

I spiffed up the kitchen and reclaimed some of the areas from decluttering efforts created a bit more to deal with. I am trying not to over do it, but I have to do some more in the sewing room.It is a staging area for now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 pm

I'm glad you're getting help with the painting

Thank you Harmony!

I took some eye rolling and comments from DMom about hiring someone to paint. She thinks that is close to ridiculous. I told her that I don't have time to do it myself which registered at about a zero on her believability scale.

I know when I was raising kids before (when I was in my 20-30 years old) I did all kinds of extra projects like painting, as well as raising kids and working full time. However, raising kids as a 60+ year old is different. I have no problem with asking for help (hiring a painter) instead of pushing myself beyond what I am capable of doing. If others think that I'm lazy, then I'm okay with that. I know how hard I work and I am confident that I'm doing the best I can.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:52 am

:) at dessert spelling, LadyM. I remind myself in a similar way -- two S's because there's too much Sugar!
:) also at your talk w/hour dmom... I have to remind myself of these things re: some things we pay to have done around here, too. (Yard mowing and duncle's opinion, to be exact.)

All laundry hanging to dry
Kitchen s/s
Walked away the pounds 20 min

Dgs had a great time playing in the space where the trash compactor went. Put a blanket up to make s door to his "house."

Oh -- Harmony -- yes -- hand, foot, and mouth is a thing. And unfortunately you can have it more than once, according to pediatrician. Last year, dgs, ds, and ddil all got it. Dgd missed out. It starts with fever and then the rash on your hands... feet... and mouth. Oh, and buttocks if you're really blessed. ;) Seems like they were all sick at their stomachs too. Really hoping this passes soon for dgd, whatever it is. HF&M lasts about a week I think.

Not a Tom Cruise fan? How do you feel about Mark Harmon? I'm watching NCIS now. He's no atom Selleck, but I do like Mark Harmon an awful lot...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”