Wow! It's Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wow! It's Wednesday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:37 am

I don't like the term Hump Day but we are about half way through the week.

By now we should have cleaned up last weekend's messes and are prepping to make this weekend less disruptive?

What do you have on your plate for the day?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wow! It's Wednesday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:40 am

I need to get eggs and bacon on my plate...

I'm up and s2s and was just tying shoes when ds arrived 45 minutes early. He'd been up since 4:30 (still struggling to convert back to days) and so was anxious for his breakfast. He's cooked his meal and my bacon is waiting for me so I'll go cook up an omelet for myself.

We need to get out of here in 45 minutes.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 am

waving to all.

hugs and prayers for all dealing with life and end of life matters.
and people, relationships, healing, change and the rest.

I'm keeping up with dishes at least.
babystepping my way to a more functional kitchen. delivery happened.

movie 'gifted'. was a like from me.
looked in a store and bought nothing.
few groceries. milk bread and frozen veg.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:50 am

Good morning.

I learned last time around after the week in the hospital and ongoing health concerns to do first what was most important as early in the day as possible. The most important thing today is a short grocery list. Actual shopping can wait till later today or even tomorrow. Home health care nurse comes at 1:30. So after morning meds and my usual breakfast of a nutrition shake, list it is.

I'm never hungry in the early morning and my body is too old to run on nothing so the nutrition shake is the perfect choice.

I was wondering if any of my SHE sisters have tried Nutrisystem for dieting. I've sampled a few small items and let me tell you, the dark chocolate and nut energy bar is to die for. Very filling snack. I'm not really looking at ordering on line but my grocery carries 2 different boxed 5 day plans that sell for about $45. I have 5 lbs that needs to come back off before it turns into 6 or 7 and I hate cooking.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 am

Good morning everyone! The daily loads may have failed on development. The data cube build job is still "in progress". If it is going on far longer than normal, that means it is stalled and will never complete. Normally not hard to check the job times. A complete history is on an internal web page ... which I can no longer access. It's been a while since I had to do that. I have no idea what user name and password. Emails sent to appropriate people.

Last night I kicked butt again. DD15 was studying for finals, so I used that time to update and balance my checkbook and schedule some payments. I found an error in my favor of $20, which is good because I am down to $11 until Friday. I will be closely monitoring my balance online in case there was another, later error. After dropping her off, I got the minutes and notes done for the meeting Thursday.

Tonight's focus will be party cleanup, perhaps with some sewing mixed in. Tomorrow, I will know if my yardwork was sufficient to prevent a citation. I'm not worried. The original notice said the problem was not bad. Around back on my porch is some debris that still needs to go, but I couldn't get it all into my car on the dump run. It can't be seen from the street and people would need a ladder to see over the back fence.

Resident cat Tiki has finally forgiven me for the vet trip TWO WEEKS AGO! She has returned to my bed. I'm under no illusions - she got cold in DD's room. This weekend, I should probably turn over the swamp cooler. However, DD will be out of town and I don't go on the roof with no one around.

ETA: Just checked balance. Ok so far. I hate being broke.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:03 am

I was thinking I had posted, but guess it was only in J&C.

Between dh and myself, we got the last lol done and put away. Did dishes and walked about 3K -only 7K to go. ;) It's quite dark and cool outside so am doing lots of steps inside. May try to walk at the rec hall this afternoon. Was doing a list for W mart online. But then I realized that everything ordered that way seems to be considerably more expensive. No wonder $35 is free, I'm thinking. So guess I'll travel to the store -probably tomorrow instead. Dh needs the car in the morning. He's going to one of Churchville's elementary schools for fire safety/prevention. He'd signed up for Friday as well when he remembered I have rehab.

I'm working on year-end lists of all kinds. Trying to do our packing a little differently by going through all the drawers, cupboards, shelves, etc, one by one. I'll take out just what is needed to pack or be put with liquids for winter storage. We plan to leave in 20 days, so time is narrowing down. Wouldn't be so difficult leaving if we didn't have to winterize everything.

We have at least 7 more medical appointments this month. That drastically cuts into our time, especially with the rehab appointments added in. Next trick is to find a place in FL to continue. Going to check out P lanet F itness (know it takes Silver Sneakers) to see if they have similar equipment and then I'll need a place to walk in inclement weather or if it's too hot.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 am

Laughed over Elizabeth's 'cat tale,' they do remember those vet trips, don't they?

As soon as I take the bag of recycling to the car, to be dropped in the recycling dumpster on my way out of the complex, I will be done with my morning routine. And my mini shopping list is done and in my bag. Having some coffee and 'rewarding' myself with some reading time.

DeeClutter, that sounds like a much more rational packing routine. Can I ask where in Fl you are off too?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:32 am

I slept in today have fed hens dog & me. Made out my plan. Defatted the broth for soup fir dinner. On my radar today clean microwave, and wipe out inside of frigde. Found a knitting show on u-tube re watching it bc I fell asleep watching it last night.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 am

We live in Lakeland -central FL- with our daughter and son-in-law for the winter, AG. They have an "in-law" apartment which is ideal for us for the winter months. I usually leave mid-October with a friend or our daughter. But I'm staying and waiting until dh is ready to leave about the end of the month. Partly because I'm going to cardiac rehab twice a week and will be almost through the allowable visits by my insurance. Hoping to find something similar in FL.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:52 am

So Tampa area, DeeClutter. I have a cousin in Tarpon Springs and her DD and grandkids live not too far from there. Dcousin walks at least a mile each morning and posts picture on FB. She has a timeshare condo on Ft. Myers Beach where she spends 3 weeks in the summer. Her DD took the kids north to Atlanta for the hurricane evacuation (her DH works for their city so could not leave) but Dcousin stuck it out in her house; no damage but a few tree branches. And the condo came through OK too. The hurricane damage was so selective; some places have block and blocks of damage and some were hardly touched.

Return to “Post When You Can”