THURSDAY THREES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: THURSDAY THREES

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:49 am

d harriet (((sending your dh healing thoughts!!!))) and you a restful day.

so happy your ds found someone to clean that understands his hours d kathryn
nice work too

hi d nancy your kitchen and bathrooms look lovely
nice work

hi d twins happy Thursday Morning

d lucy Hello hello this am! Nice to spend time with you.

hello do all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 am

Good morning! My login problems of yesterday were solved with a simple restart. Today is trash day, so I got as much of the yard waste as I could fit into the bin. There is still more, but it will fit when the can is empty. I am coming into the home stretch for the party, but did I do anything useful on the house or costume? NOOOO. I did get some paperwork in on my "forgotten fund", an investment account smaller than the main ones, but still significant. I realized that, even after 5 years, the beneficiary was still MY X!!! That's fixed now. YUCK!!! Checking account is still ok, tomorrow is payday, but it looks like the check will clear today - it's listed as pending and shows in my available balance. Most of the time my check does clear the day before payday, but I am really leery of counting on that.

I did not find a citation on my yard. I'm not surprised, it looks better now than it has in years. I have a new routine that gets geezer kitty to eat more. Tonight is an animal org board meeting, after which I go to dinner with one of the board members. My focus through 10/20 must be party cleanup and costume sewing.

CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!! Today at payroll, I will NOT be working on the bane report. It is under review now. If it comes back ok, I have to make matching changes in 3 other reports. However, the hard part - determining HOW to fix it, is done, so they will not be too awful. Today, I will try to remember what I was doing before all that. I also must update the grand master change list. It is up to 125 items needing to be fixed/modified/enhanced on the reports. Some are easy, some not so much.

TwinsMom: Maybe you could read to your mother.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 am

Yesterday I was out of the house from 7:30 am to 9 pm (ish)

had a lovely time with d mom -

she has a hard time with talking small talk with people she sees at the retirement village (nice one - more like a bunch of condos) but my goodness she loves to tell her story to anyone in other places if they ask about her accent! :D She seems comfortable in superficial encounters where she won't see them again. Amazing that this woman traveled the world. Loss of the remainder of ones family and friends plays havoc on older individuals.

She had her dr. appointment, we went shopping (which i dislike but she was so happy) I did buy my first purse in 5 years and d mom bought some cloths and a purse. Tar-get and other misc. stores for errands as well. We also forgot we had reservations for a local restaurants 30th anniversary and thank goodness we remembered. It was lots of fun (tons of people) and they had an accordionist, a french singer and tons of balloons. I wasn't dressed well but we didn't realize until we were at Tar-get right before dinner was to be served but we made it in time and We sang, ate and were merry. :D

Dd younger went with d sil to the opera (her first) and she laughed when she got home that she never knew the opera was in another language
Unfortunately it wasn't a comedy - she said they took two hours to tell a half hour story lol. It was Rigoletto. She enjoyed to d sil's company tremendously. I told her she should call each aunt have lunch or something with them. I watch operas on PBS but have never been to the civ-ic opera house.

today:

dailies
take camping stuff and my life jacket out of the garage
scare crow sewing
halloween decorating
Heavy laundry day (Hoping to be home all day)
phone calls
Start the 15 minutes per day Christmas planning card
French
Bible study
Needlepoint

I went Christmas shopping yesterday and found NOTHING!

I hope you all have a great day
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am

Morning....

My LR is topsy turvy at the moment. We are having the cushions for our sofa and love seat re-cushioned. My couches are turned over on their backs and yesterday I vacuumed them in places I can’t normally get to. I usually vacuum my LR furniture twice a month, and although I hate doing it cause it takes me longer to do that than vacuuming the entire room, I love the results.

Sweetie and I have some errands to run today and then tonight we are going to a music concert as part of our anniversary celebration... the concert is the presitation of LED Zeppelin music so this should be interesting, and tomorrow night we are going out for a nice dinner.

My eye though still a bit blurry at times is doing well. This morning before I put in my prescription drops I was able to see with 20/20 vision. I am really pleased about that.

Today I have some minor things to do around the house. I am not allowed to lift anything more than 5 lbs and Sweetie is very strict about that.

I have several 3-5 minute things I can do today and did a bunch yesterday. Since I’m going to be working for the next several months I am having my cleaning girls come in to help. After doing so much special work myself like paintings and such during my younger years I have no problems asking for help either.

My footprints were picked up last night but I still have a few other morning routines to do. Off for my second cup of coffee and Perry. It’s amazing what I can accomplish during commercials :D
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 am

d rose I am glad your eye is slowly getting back to normal! your sweetie watching over you is so so sweet

hi d elizabeth Happy payroll day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:16 am

I use audible for books lately. I really enjoy it. lol I even listened to a nancy drew mystery bc I don't like dark racy mysteries. It was rather fun to here it again.

happy day to all :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:33 am

Dfriend M suggested I try reading to dmom also, Elizabeth. I'm not sure she could follow a plot or remember day to day? Harriet mentioned just chatting away and I'm not good at small talk. (bw2 reminded me) And she can't hear at all and right now I can't find the other one of her hearing aids. It's always something isn't it?

I am meeting dfriend M for lunch today for her birthday, which was early last week. They had house guests for several days and we've just now gotten it onto our schedules. I think I'll leave early enough to get into the line for an outside table, since it's a gorgeous day here.

I still have another load of laundry to fold, then will try some 3 minute jobs.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 am

sounds silly - children books, a magazine article, if she has Alzheimer's bringing up when she and you were young. music from her generation.its not always easy (((())))

have fun at lunch with df d twins

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 am

Meant to 'brag' on dd earlier this week but forgot to do it. Know I'd said a couple of weeks ago that she was getting a $1,200 bonus as she got an overall rating last year of "highly effective" as a teacher. She was thrilled. But over the weekend she got a letter from NY State with her SAT score from many years ago (who knew they could be so valuable many years later). She took it to administration at her school without opening it (wasn't sure she was supposed to). If one's score was over 24 all those years ago and they had that 'highly effective' rating, it would give them $6,000 bonus instead of the $1,200. She was very excited to tell us that she would be getting that extra bonus. She had no idea what her score was way back when. Evidently if they get that high rating any year, they can reapply for that bonus. Dsonil told her to do something fun with it. Part of that fun will be to put in new kitchen countertops. Their niece's dh installs granite counters and that's where they're headed with this. Secondly she would like to take her DDad on a mini vacation with her. Haven't told him till it happens though.

I've been sorting through many old papers and have saved quite a few, shredded some and trashed others. Came across a small notebook that dh kept in his college days of every penny he spent. He was just telling somebody this week about that record but we figured it was long gone. :) Have a fairly good-sized pile of things to take to FL and put in our memory books. Mostly from our high school/college days.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm

I have done more 3's - changed kit. towels, put home made soup in tbe freezer, set some aside for me to add water to for lunch so it is very brothy. Organized the plastic containers put lids back on them. Did 30 on the exercise bike while watching a U tube on the cruising through the holidays.

Next up s2s.

Return to “Post When You Can”