THURSDAY THREES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: THURSDAY THREES

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:11 pm

-Folded laundry
-packed up shred stuff in a box to take
-packed up return to zappos
-scanned a few things off the desk
-filed a few things off the desk
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Jelly is done. If it doesn't set this time, it's gone.

Kitchen is slowly coming under control. Dh just glances around and doesn't say anything.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:21 pm

Good Thursday morning, SHEs.
Thursday Threes is well named.
I've done my morning routines plus changed the sheets on the bed and 1 of 3 errands; off to do the the 2nd.

Back later to CUOP.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Wow 3 pages already! A busy group today.

Lucylee, I DO like Mark Har mon! Tom Sell eck was my heartthrob when I was way younger.

RRose, so happy your sight is now 20/20. That's awesome. Mine probably won't be, I have an astigmatism.

See AustinGranny's light on - did I get the name right?

Oh I loved all the spelling lessons on desert / dessert. I'll never have to look that one up again!

Ok 3's. I'm moving on from all that nonsense yesterday. I hope. Last night was the topper. She'd left a message on DH phone that she'd lost one of her new fan remotes and thinks it might have been in the BIG boxes of packing and electric debris from the work that we took out. I'd cut up all the cardboard and put the rubbish in the other can. We emptied both containers to look for it, and just like I thought we didn't have it. I hope she doesn't blame us for this too, we never touched those things. DH is over there today. I worked up all the accounting for it all and after 4 months of work looks like it's a loss.

EGAD there I go again.

Ok 3's (again) I did more than that at my desk, pd bills, organized all those receipts, found a couple lost bank slips. Organized all the little containers of wing nuts etc. for our hurricane shutters into the new bin I bought for them. Cleaned a few things off my kitchen table.

House is a wreck. Next 3 up: laundry first.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Oh my goodness I haven't done anything productive and I was up at 6 am

d Harmony good morning!

d austin granny good day to you!

d cathy Bonjour!

time to finally do something on my card file.
I did take care of listing my spending from yesterday, made necessary phone calls and set up appointments.

spoke to d mom and she is as happy as can be
sent brother a list of what stores she went to and what she spent as he receives notices when it goes over a certain $ amount and her accounts have gotten attacked 4 times. She has life lo ck and no one can open a new account any more and if someone uses it outside of our area it shuts down the accounts. She gives him her receipts every month so that he can pay bills etc. it's a real blessing. Thank God d dad spoke to her about it before he passed and taught my brother what he needed to know and do.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Cathys I made not set jelly / jam so we used it for syrup.

S2s x
Hair cut x

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Harmony ... I have astigmatism too in both eyes, also macular degeneration, so my guess is it would be how sever yours is.

Glad I could help with the spelling lesson... that how I teach my kids the difference between desert and dessert. Now if I could only come up with some ingenious way to teach ...there, their and they’re or to, two and too. :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Sermon is done. Service is well under way but the hard part is often picking the hymns and that still has to be done. I'm starting with a simple one not in their books, then Take Time to Be Holy but none of the suggested hymns are in their book so I need to come up with something good for a closer. And I need to do that before dh gets home so he can get practicing.

Time for lunch now. I'm hungry but was on a roll with the sermon so pushed through. I had four phone calls while working on it, the longest was ds who needed help getting his cell phone to work in the US. It is a new phone and there were special settings he needed. I had the internet so could read the instructions to him. He hasn't called back so I'll assume all's working now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Ta-Da! Just finished emptying/sorting/shredding/trashing/storing a big bin of paper things (mostly) from the storage unit. Dh is very happy to see all the pics of his from his last trip to Thailand and many from the Corona Project (Spy in the Sky) and many NASA pictures he had from his work there. Imagine DSs will want to see them, then we're taking them to FL for dd to use in her classes. I now have all that sorting I'm going to do this fall -it's done, finished, caput! Have a significant pile of things to take to FL to file away in different scrap books.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:04 pm

RRose I don't know how to judge how bad my eyes are except that I can't read anything without my glasses and can hardly read the mid-range without too. Everything's too small at long distance, but clear not fuzzy. I have a couple spots of m deg. also they've been watching. And dry eyes. I'm encouraged that you're doing so well.

I am paying the price for not doing a lot for a long while. None of my jobs around here are 3 minutes. Stuff is so backed up. Here's what I did this time:

Helped DH look at SUV, held flashlight, he tightened a fitting up, transmission fluid is leaking out, actually all of it was gone when he checked and he refilled. We think friend who hooked up radiator didn't tighten the trans. cooler enough. I put new cardboard underneath so we could tell if its still leaking.

Helped him load car, tools, etc. for rotten job finish over there. He was upset and couldn't remember what he was supposed to do.

Put LOL in and soap and bleach then realized it wasn't whites it was all my everyday clothes so I grabbed them out before bleach poured in and put in whites what was there. Those are hanging and my everydays are washing now. I almost ruined everything I owned. :o

Cleaned out car, swept and brushed carpet and flipped seats back up and loaded bin of tools back in.

Went outside and treated fire ant piles. I fixed small sweeper handle, we have it taped together where it comes apart and won't stay but duct tape got all gooky so got that off with chemical and retaped. It's on charger now, next I'll get out big vacuum.

I have my work shoes on. Capris are too hot need to change. There's so much to do. :oops:

Return to “Post When You Can”